Top positive review
One person found this helpful
All you need in an entry level road bike
on May 13, 2014
I am new to road bikes so I'm giving my review from that perspective. With that said, I have a few comments that may help add to the other reviews here:
- The packaging was sufficient, double boxed, no dings or scratches.
- Whether necessary or not with this model, buy rim tape as others have mentioned. A few dollars and an easy install is worth the peace of mind.
- Assembly of the bike was simple and straight forward. If you own Allen wrenches and a socket set, you're more than likely fully capable of assembling the bike yourself.
- Reading some of these reviews, I was worried I was going to need to take the bike to a bike shop to perform several adjustments. I did not take the bike in and I'm glad I didn't after realizing that the adjustments needed were very minor and simple fixes(10 minutes and an Allen wrench needed)
- The bike rides very smooth and silent at all speeds.
- The soft white tips on the handlebars are going to get dirty. Not ideal to have but is a very minor set back.
Overall I didn't expect anything more or less at this price point. The bike is great for exercise and commuting. Obviously comparing to a $1k+ bike is unreasonable so the bike easily earns 5 stars in my book.
Less than 25 miles and a tire popped so I dropped a star. I've had rim tape on the entire time and after very close inspection it appears the tire just popped, was not punctured by a spoke or anything from the outside. Likely cheap tubes. I'm still glad I purchased this bike but would recommend replacing the tubes when installing the rim tape from the start. Relatively cheap change, peace of mind, and you'll have two spares(the originals) if needed down the road.