Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on May 13, 2014
I am new to road bikes so I'm giving my review from that perspective. With that said, I have a few comments that may help add to the other reviews here:

- The packaging was sufficient, double boxed, no dings or scratches.
- Whether necessary or not with this model, buy rim tape as others have mentioned. A few dollars and an easy install is worth the peace of mind.
- Assembly of the bike was simple and straight forward. If you own Allen wrenches and a socket set, you're more than likely fully capable of assembling the bike yourself.
- Reading some of these reviews, I was worried I was going to need to take the bike to a bike shop to perform several adjustments. I did not take the bike in and I'm glad I didn't after realizing that the adjustments needed were very minor and simple fixes(10 minutes and an Allen wrench needed)
- The bike rides very smooth and silent at all speeds.
- The soft white tips on the handlebars are going to get dirty. Not ideal to have but is a very minor set back.

Overall I didn't expect anything more or less at this price point. The bike is great for exercise and commuting. Obviously comparing to a $1k+ bike is unreasonable so the bike easily earns 5 stars in my book.

UPDATE:
Less than 25 miles and a tire popped so I dropped a star. I've had rim tape on the entire time and after very close inspection it appears the tire just popped, was not punctured by a spoke or anything from the outside. Likely cheap tubes. I'm still glad I purchased this bike but would recommend replacing the tubes when installing the rim tape from the start. Relatively cheap change, peace of mind, and you'll have two spares(the originals) if needed down the road.
on December 29, 2014
I got this for my husband for his birthday. He picked it because it seemed to meet his needs at a good price. He goes on a 15-20 mile ride several days per week during the summer. He was happy with it right away. Some online reviews complained about the tires; over time he did start to have problems. Once he got a flat because he ran over a tenacious thorn --- a problem we have in this area. His second flat occurred while the bike was hanging up in the garage. All we could think of was that the garage was so hot that it caused the tire to rupture. So then he went out and bought specialty tires. We'll see how that goes.
Anyway, he has been pleased with everything else, especially given the very affordable price. He said he could not justify spending over $1000 for a bike when this one is meeting his needs just fine. Good value.
Update 09/2016: This bike is still going strong. The tires were replaced with Kevlar tires and he's had no problems since. Other than the tires, the bike has needed no repairs, and he's now ridden it about 3000 miles. He rides 30 miles several times a week with a friend who has a high end bike but he's still satisfied with this one. We live in an area where there are a lot of cyclists and many ride very expensive bikes. It doesn't have some of the features of very expensive bikes (this has paddle shifters and 14 speeds), but this is a great bike for someone who wants a good bike but doesn't care about high-end name recognition.
on July 15, 2013
Overall I am happy with my purchase. I bought this bike as a means for riding to and from work, and also to train for an upcomming triathlon with. For the price of the bike you can't expect too much. There are some issues that will probably require some money to fix. The derailleur is the biggest issue. When the bike is in low gear, and you shift into a high gear, the derailleur doesn't want to cooperate and you risk the chain popping right off. I have had a master bike mechanic look at the piece and she suggested that it is just cheap and would require about $50 + labor to fix/upgrade the piece. This is disappointing that I have to put more money into the bike, but like I said, this is something you should expect for the price of the bike.

Overall I am giving 3 stars because it rides smooth (in low gears) and should get the job done.
on May 27, 2014
I use this bike for commuting, and exercise. I have been using this bike for over a year now and let me tell you, this is a great bike. I only had to fix this bike so far about three times. The maintenance is not even that bad. I probably spent in total about $100 - 150. The first thing you're going to have to change, if you are considering in buying this bike, is the inner tubes. They go out really quick. The frame is not exactly "high-quality" so expect scratches, a little corrosion, and wear to happen. Nevertheless, it's a very sturdy bike.

I have gone everywhere with this bike. I live in Miami, and there isn't exactly a lot of bike trails, so you have to ride with traffic a lot. I have fallen off my bike, crashed several times, and even collided with another bike. This bike has done a lot of for me and I'm very blessed to have it. I'm a 22 year old college student and it's perfect for what I need it for. I don't have a car and frankly it doesn't bother me that much. I don't have to pay insurance, gas, or even pay for expensive repairs.

Make sure to maintain your bike if you decide to buy this. Make sure to clean it twice a month. Buy the necessary liquids and lubricant to make sure your bike will ride smooth. I use GT85 and it has done wonders for it. It only takes me about 45 min to clean my bike thoroughly.

I even bought a water bottle cage and a light so I can ride at night. These are not necessary if you don't plan to ride long distances or ride at night. But if you are the type that does, then these are invaluable purchases.

You won't regret buying this bike at all. I'm still riding it and I plan to use it for years to come. This is not a typical K-mart bike that only last a couple of months.

If you decide to buy this after reading my review send me an e-mail. I would love to hear your response and experience.
on August 15, 2014
My first road bike (Owned a Kona Mountain Bike). For a Budget bike, this is great. Packaging is great. No scratched or damaged part. Beautiful paint job. Everything in Box as advertized. Delivery was prompt.
I was able to assemble without going to a bike shop - assembly is pretty straight forward. what i first did was removed the toe guards on the pedals. I also replaced the tubes and rim tape (if you know how, old bike tube cut to size on top of the thin rim tape which came with the bike works perfectly well). Greased and oiled all necesarry moving parts before my first ride.
My first 80 miles have been great. Shifting is nice and response is great. I am enjoying this bike.
I will update when i put on more miles.
on April 3, 2013
Bought this as my first road bike. Much lighter than my mountain bike. I am 5'8" with a 30in inseam and the bike is maybe an inch too tall but very workable. Instructions make assembly very easy. I paid $30 to have the brakes and retailers adjusted. I recommend this because it makes shifting absolutely smooth. I've only ridden twice and put 25 miles on to the bike but I will be putting on lots more. Highly recommend this bike to anyone looking to use it for exercise or as a commuter.
on July 26, 2014
its a very fast road bike

materials are pretty cheap besides the frame and wheel.

replace the rimtape and tires/tubes

handlebars are nice and cool but it's thin tape which makes it hard

seat is okay for a stock seat

breaks are nice

i dislike the shifter placements, leaves very little room for phone mount

peddles are steel which are heavy and durable but it ruins shoe soles.

very good looking bike

not bad for 250$
on September 28, 2014
This is the best bicycle -ever! I am 5'8'' and it is the perfect bike for me. If you're under 5'8'', it will not work well for you. I highly suggest that you purchase a bicycle tool kit to assemble this Schwinn (tools are not included). Further, the brakes are so easy to install and to adjust. Overall, it is a very sexy bike. I look so hot when I'm on it and you will, too! Trust me. I am so grateful to have invest in this bicycle! Oh, it is very fast on the road when you're utilizing the gears properly. Enjoy it.
on June 11, 2014
I owned this bike for a very short time. One of the front derailleur cables snapped while riding. One thing I will say is spend the money at a local bike shop. Get fitted for a bike. They also offer a lot more than when buying one online. Also, I know seats are a personal thing, but this seat HURT! I eve wore paddled cycling shorts and it didn't do a thing. Great looking bike and was nice for an entry level bike but if you believe you will ride it more than twenty miles a week spend the money and get a real bike.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
As my first road bike this is exactly what I was looking for - entry level without breaking the bank. The overall quality of the bike is great, it was easy to assemble and adjust. What you are sacrificing between this bike and the next level up would be the shifters. The shifters are old school and if I were to shop again I would order a bike with the shifters integrated with the brake levers so that I don't have to take my hand off the drop bar to shift into higher/lower gear. But that is my only issue with the bike, otherwise has been a great product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.