BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on April 27, 2010
I had read reviews of other Schwinn bikes and was apprehensive as there were many complaints of poor packaging, and that the bikes were difficult to put together.

In my case, the bike was delivered in under one week, (FREE, thank you AMAZON) The packaging was more than sufficient to protect the contents. The bike required some assembly. The assembly was a little tricky because there were no instructions, but I managed to have it up and running in about a half an hour.

I am not an intense "cyclist" by any means, and I find this bike to be comfortable and cute as hell. As a bonus, I added the basket to thoroughly embarrass my teenage sons.
review image
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
Wish I could rate this bike 0 Stars, but that is not an option.

First of all, I ordered this bike in mid-November as a Christmas gift for my GF. I own a Trek myself and do a lot of trail riding in Florida, but the gf wanted something to ride around the streets with me so I turned to my trusted source, Amazon.
The bike was shipped on time and arrived in the first week of December; I let it sit in the box for a few days before I decided to build it. I took the bike out and undid all the zip-ties that hold it together in the box. I quickly realized the the front fork did not freely rotate like a bicycle should (it came with the front fork already attached).

After a frustrating night trying to fix the problem I noticed the fork was bent and would need replacing. I skipped over using the Amazon customer support system and found a direct number for customer support at WSports (where the bike came from).
Wsports was great, they immediately shipped me a new bike before I shipped the first one back. The second bike was sent from a local Florida shop to ensure it would make it before Christmas. I received the second bike around December 21st...still time for Christmas to happen! I opened the bike the day it arrived, expecting to find no problems...shortly after unpacking the bike I noticed once again that the front fork was not turning as it should. I'm a pretty sound technical/mechanical guy and am pretty handy with a set of tools...but just in case I was missing something I took the frame to the bike store. They confirmed my fear, the front fork was indeed bent and would not work correctly.

I contacted Wsports on December 23rd knowing there would be nothing they could do before Christmas...I am currently awaiting a return label to come via e-mail so I can return this bike for a full refund.

I should have known all along that ordering a bike on Amazon was a bad idea...there are many solid bike shops around Tampa, Florida that I regularly shop from while maintaining my Trek. I plan on taking my GF to a local shop this week once I get my paycheck and am going to hopefully talk her into getting a trail-capable bike instead of a cruiser...in the end I think it will be better that way, but Scwinn sure did do a great job of trying to ruin Christmas for us. Luckily my gf was understanding and knows where the blame falls ;)

End of story, I won't be purchasing anything from Schwinn ever again...there is obviously something wrong with either the production or shipping of this product..considering that the 2 bicycles I received were shipped from different locations my bet would lie on the production. The second bike even came shipped inside an extra box, but still the same problem.

If you want a cheap bike most likely will break even if you receive it in once piece, this is the one for you. If you want a quality bike you can trust to hold up while a loved one uses it, go support a local bike shop and your local economy. It might cost a little more, but it will be worth it down the road.

-EDIT-1/9/2012-
I am still waiting for WSports to send me a return label for this bike to be sent back. The first time I called with broken bike #1 they sent me a simple RF Number to write on the box and UPS came a day later and picked it up. For some reason it has taken almost 3 weeks for them to e-mail me a return label instead of an RF number. I have called/e-mailed them weekly and customer service now seems to be non-existent. Not only has Schwinn lost my business, WSports has as well.
I learned my lesson and will stick to Amazon for electronics/movies/books but will stick to local shops for everything else.
on December 27, 2011
At first glance, I knew this was the bike that I wanted. I ordered it right away. Unfortunately, beach cruisers aren't made for hills, and I live in a hilly area, so I have to load it in the car and drive to where its flat like the beach or around the lake area. Overall, it's a good bike. On my first ride, the brakes seemed to not work very well, but the 2nd day I hopped on, they were working fine. Putting it together was fairly easy, if you know what you're doing. If not, I would suggest asking someone who does or taking it to a bike shop where a professional can put it together. Eventually I plan to get a internal hub, so I can have the luxury of having gears. So if you plan to use this a commuter bike, do not buy it. It's meant for flat areas where you can ride comfortably without much effort. Unless you want to throw some money down for an internal hub, then go for it.
on August 6, 2013
Bought this bike for my wifes birthday and she absolutely loves it. She immediately had to send her friends pictures of the bike, and keeps it covered in the garage so it remains "pretty".

Bike arrived on 11th day, much faster than the month that was initially estimated upon purchase. And was packaged very well.

Assembly was much easier than I expected as well. The core of the bike is already intact. I was worried about installing the chain, but it comes attached already. Your job is mostly to put on the tires and the handlebars. Took under an hour, and would have been very simple with another set of hands.
on May 20, 2013
I bought this bike so I could make small trips around town without needing to get my car out, and this bike is perfect for that. My dad helped me assemble it, but we had it all put together in under an hour. I am 5'8", and my dad is 6'0", and we are both able to ride the bike comfortably.
on September 28, 2013
Its a Shwinn! They are always great bikes;this style is fantastic for the casual rider! It is so cute and will last me a long time! I ride it to work everyday and love it. I have owned this bike since May and it is holding up great! This only down side is they left out a small screw...which i picked up from the hardware store.
Oh and this is an amazing bike for the price!!!!!!
Thank you! 5 stars!!!
on June 18, 2010
I bought this bike for my wife. It shipped fast with free super saver shipping. Today I built the bike with about 4 tools in less than half an hour and tonight we went on a ride downtown Sacramento. She absolutely loves the look. She said the seat is very comfortable. She got a few compliments which made her happy. The front wheel turns very close to the petal so it can hit your shoe, but thats just something you have to get used to avoiding, like on all cruisers. Overall I am very happy with this purchase. You can't beat the price.
on January 1, 2012
The packing was terrible. The fenders were bent, the paint scratched, cargo rack was bent, handle bar stem was bent. None of the bearings had been oiled or greased. This is not the Chicago Schwinn Bicycle company that had a reputation for quality. I will never buy another Schwinn.
on July 19, 2010
Bought this bike for my girlfriend. She loves it. Majority of bike was assembled, took about an additional 45 minutes for me to complete the entire assembly. (I have never assembled a bike before) Its a very good bike with a smooth ride for those just planning on flat road riding or thru a park of sorts. Might not be ideal if you plan on riding where there are alot of hills as this is a single speed bike. But all in all, a perfect gift and had enough pink on the bike for her to love it.
on May 31, 2013
Unfortunately, when the box arrived, the bike was scratched from, shipping maybe, deep gashes. Didn't take it out of box, just taped back up and returned to Amazon. Nice looking bike in pictures and I'm sure would have been great, but the deep scratches on a new item wasn't Amazon's usual product.

Returning product was extremely easy though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.