Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on April 8, 2012
Most comfortable bike I have ever had. The price and shipping is great, the packaging is excellent. If you're having issues with the wheel hitting the pedals, you have to adjust the "camber" so that the wheel is angled outward, the earlier reviews are unfair if you take into account that they had to put it a certain way to fit it in the box and you have to adjust it yourself. I love the women-specific design of this bike. I hated how awful my old bike was on my back and butt, this new one was almost worth the old one getting stolen. They can have that back straining thing. Be sure to get a theft resistant u-bar lock and a specialty seat, I got the one recommended with this bike and it's sooooo much better.
on November 3, 2012
I am no bicycle mechanic, just an I.T. professional.

This was one of those purchases that my girlfriend picked out....

The package arrived on time and was doubled boxed, easy to assemble in 20 minutes after you removed all of the tape and foam that secured all of the movable attachments and manual. The Assembly portion was straight forward, connect the quick release axle to the front rim, quick release the seat post, needed some Allen wrenches for the handle bars and pump the tires. The gears and chain was per-assembled with no adjustments needed.

Once it was assembled, It was just beautiful to look at, great color very solid.

Was able to test ride this purchase was great confidence. This was a great purchase, one that I would recommend to my Sister.
on July 1, 2012
My wife likes the bike a lot, but putting it together was tricky. The information that came with the bike stated that it was put together by a trained or certified person. We had to loosen, adjust, and tighten several parts...specifically the handlebars. After we got the bike assembled, my wife took it for a test ride. She noticed that several of the positions of gear shifting created a ticking noise. It sounded like the bike wasn't engaging in the gear all the way. Also, the break pads were rubbing on the tires. We tried to do a few adjustments without much success. We haven't worked on bikes very much, so we were just "winging" it. We ended up taking the bike to a professional bike shop for a tune up and proper adjustments. It's going to cost us $80 for them to tweak it.

This may just be the way our bike was assembled, so I don't want to say the product is bad by any means. Once it's put together properly, I think it will suit my wife's needs perfectly. She will use the bike to ride around the subdivision hills and on light trails. We would buy the bike again, but I wanted others to know that you may be spending additional money to get the bike put together properly unless you know your way around bikes.
on April 4, 2013
Purchased this bike for my wife as I have a mountain bike and now we can ride together, though she is not really into hitting the trails. It came in very secure and solid packaging. The bike was essentially pre-assembled and it was incredibly easy to put the final pieces together, though I am still trying to figure out whether the handlebar height is adjustable or not (I am trying to mount the iBert child carrier on it and cannot unless it raises a bit). All that is required is an allen wrench and philips screwdriver for final assembly, very intuitive. In terms of performance, the bike is sturdy and smooth. My wife just recently learned to ride a bike and she feels very comfortable with this. I need to take the bike in to a professional bike shop to get a tune up because, in the lower gears, it seems to make a clicking sound while pedaling, but otherwise the gears transition just fine. Overall I am pleased with the cycle and, for the cost, it is well worth it!
on March 21, 2013
Ordered it Sunday, and it came on Wedensday. It came well packedged in its original Scwhinn Bike box that was inside another box for added protection. The color is Purple. And it was slightly disassembled. You do need to put the handle bars on, pedels, the seat post and front tire, adjust the front brake, and inflate the tires. It took me 30 minutes from the moment I opened the box, untill my daughter rode it down the driveway.... The components are low end quality. But the bike is a good value for the money. The bike is sturdy and it rides well. No problems with the shifters and everything works as it should...I did have to adjust the gears with a little tweaking. The seat is comfortable. The tires are really good quality, better than what I saw at the bike shop on bikes with price tags of 425.00. This bike is comparable to those found in that price range at your local bike shop. I bought this bike for my 11 year old daughter who loves it, and rides it with ease. This is a good choice if your child is ready for the next size bike (adult small). It will give her years of enjoyment and plenty of room for growth. Buy it with confidence.
on November 29, 2012
I really like this bike and am happy with the purchase so far. I'm a beginner mountain biker/trail rider, and this is my first bike with gears and hand brakes! I was concerned about the assembly and quality at this price point, but my boyfriend was able to assemble the bike fairly quickly and all of the parts were included/in tact. It also came with a water bottle holder, which was a nice surprise! I've ridden the bike a few times now and so far, so good - it works great and gets the job done. The seat is a bit hard but after the 2nd ride, I was already more used to it although I might buy a padded seat cover. The gears shift fine but I do plan to take the bike to a local shop to have it checked out and adjusted. For beginner bike riders, I highly recommend this bike, as the price is great and it's a well-known brand.
on December 30, 2014
I love the bike itself but the seat is horrible! I have yet to find a comfortable seat. I use my bike every now and then. Have ridden it on both road and dirt and it works just fine as long as you change the speeds. Make sure that you either watch a video on how to put it together or you get someone who knows. I put it together myself and ended up messing with the breaks because I couldn't figure out how to put the tire on. It was so simple to do it but it was too late, I had already messed up the breaks and had to get someone to help me fix them.

I love the fact that you can ride it without hunching over so much and the color is so pretty!!!
on April 10, 2013
I am really pleased with this bike - I purchased a couple weeks ago and have been riding almost daily, mostly dirt roads/trails with some sidewalks/streets. Rides (I usually go between 5-10 miles a trip) are comfortable with no back (or anywhere else) pain, although I did upgrade the seat to a Schwinn pillow top. Gear transitions are not perfectly smooth (hence a 4 instead of 5 star rating) but not bad and definitely not a reason to return. Bike was easy to put together (mostly pre-assembled). Overall, a great deal for the price.
on May 6, 2016
Not a bad bike but trying to adjust the front derailleur after putting the bike together was impossible. I finally had to take it to a bicycle shop so I spent the money I saved by ordering it online and putting it together myself.
on March 8, 2015
This bike has been sitting in my garage for the last two years because it was so poorly assembled. I took it to a bike shop finally and they couldn't even get the front wheel on! My husband bought a bike as well and the tire is constantly rubbing against the brakes. I will never buy a bike from Amazon again!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.