Schwinn Women's Starlet Wave Helmet, Green
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sleek adult woman's bike helmet with aerodynamic design
- Dial Fit adjustment system for an easy, custom fit
- Soft, dual-stitch straps for comfort under the chin
- 21 contoured vents and rear exhaust ports for enhanced air flow
- Snap on/off visor for sun protection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||5.2 x 8.5 x 13.7 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.8 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
1) It too big for me. My head is 54 cm. I think all women helmets are around 50-57 cm. I don't know for this one. I didn't see any sizing information on the helmet. I adjusted all straps, but it doesn't help. Even when I dial the adjust reel to tighten it up until i have a headache, it still does not snug my head well. I may have weird head shape (-_-")
2) The dial adjusting is very convenient. However, the position of the strap is not okay for me. The strap is pretty high on the back of my head and it is INSIDE the helmet. I have long thick hair and love wearing ponytail when I ride. I cannot do so in this helmet. I later on tried other helmets, their straps are slightly below on the back of my head and there is a hole between the helmet and the adjusting strap where my ponytail can come out.
I am not sure if you will understand what I mean. i wish I took pictures of the helmet before i returned it. It will be a lot easier to explain.
3)Side straps do not have lock. It's a bit difficult to adjust. However, once you get them to the right place, they will stay right there without sliding.
4) Minor point; it looks HUGE on me. The light color and the design just make my head 2 times bigger.
One lesson learned: NEVER BUY HELMET WITHOUT TRYING IT ON. It wastes my time and money returning it (return shipping cost is on me).
I went to a bike shop near my place and tried couple helmets there. I came back and found Amazon has the helmets that fit me well( Bell Vela and Giro Skyla). In the end I ordered Bell women Vela from a seller on Amazon at a good price.
EDIT: May 2015.
I have had this for 4 years now. I have worn it on occasion, and I find it can be hard to wear when you have a ponytail. It seems to work fine as long as you leave your hair free, but you do find that hair gets into your eyes.
The adjustable strap does not work as well as advertised. I have tried adjusting it several ways and I think the issue is that it's neither wide enough nor placed low enough to snugly fit into a position. It seems to do very little since all of the snugness seems to come from the chin strap, which isn't particularly comfortable (rather scratchy).
On the plus side, it's good if you have a smaller head, since a lot of adult helmets can be rather large.
However, the craftsmanship of the helmet is cheap. The external plastic shell that's glued onto the foam part of the helmet is not made from hard plastic, but from a thin plastic layer (like the kind that cheap Halloween masks are made of). I noticed that right out of the box, some areas of the plastic were not glued firmly onto the foam and I could wedge my fingernail in between. Since the plastic part is just decorative (it's the foam that absorbs the impact of a collision), the flimsiness of it wasn't that big of a deal to me, but I still wish I knew this fact when purchasing. Overall this is a decent helmet for the money, but know what you're getting.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can't get this model to fit securely despite adjusting (shifts easily side to side and pushes back from the forehead especially). Read morePublished 3 months ago by bruyere
This helmet was a good fit, and did not look too bad. The vents really do help to prevent the top of your head from getting too overheated. The sun visor also is a nice feature.Published 4 months ago by lg
Took a lot of adjusting to get it right, but once I pulled it down over my forehead enough, it fit well. I thought it was too small at first. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Faile
Kept my skull from getting cracked open a couple times. I just hate that little brim on the front...but you can snap it off.Published 6 months ago by Danielle Airaghi
its a bike helmet, i have a tiny head, fits great, but let's be real no one looks good in a bike helmet lolPublished 6 months ago by KEH
This was a gift for a friend. It fits perfectly and is great quality!Published 8 months ago by Bethany