Space Science and Astronomy Theatre
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
If you’re a teacher or parent struggling to get youngsters or young adults interested in space science and astronomy—or an inquisitive student—then you’ll love this fun-filled book of theatrical scenes.
In addition to astronomers and astronauts, the scenes also feature engineers, accountants, graphic artists, public relations practitioners, biologists, meteorologists, and others who play a critical role in space adventures.
Scenarios will take you into the past and into the future and include:
• A cosmologist and a computer graphics artist are preparing a presentation for public television on theories about the distribution of galaxies in the universe, and the placement of voids where no galaxies are found.
• An astrobiologist and an engineer discover the first positive biosignature data from an exoplanet near Earth. The findings provide a big surprise.
• Two recent high school graduates explore a star factory (nebula) in the constellation Orion, and using a video arcade game, they make speculations about the future.
While the props and costumes needed for scripts are minimal, the scenes promote deep learning. Get ready to be entertained and informed with Space Science and Astronomy Theatre.
- Publisher : ArchwayPublishing (August 9, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 230 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1480848441
- ISBN-13 : 978-1480848443
- Item Weight : 12 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.58 x 9 inches
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The authors offer excellent suggestions for students to research key words and concepts in preparation before using the scripts and promote follow-on discussion topics after the scripts have been presented. This book is a great teaching resource for both classrooms and social groups, and as citizens of the 21st century, we must consider how the heavens have always been, and will be, part of our lives.