Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on September 4, 2014
This book is pretty neat but i think that it is more geared toward 2-3 year olds. Some of the activities in it are still great for 4-6 year olds to do but they really don't offer much education for the experiments. There is a lack of scientific explanation for the experiments -- the book poses questions like "what happens?" but doesn't offer any explanations as to why. An example: go out on a walk in the rain. See what happens. See what you see.
or : Sock Walk, put a pair of old socks on over your shoes and walk through a dry field, see what seeds/ plants/ insects stick to your socks.
or: mix glitter/ confetti in a jar with water, tie a string to it and wear it around your neck-- hop jump and run, what happens to the contents of the jar?
If your looking for fun and easy scientific activities for the 2-3 age group its cool. If your looking for science for the 4-6 age group you'll need to do some additional research to make it more educational.
on June 27, 2012
I ordered this book to go along with my son's upcoming science curriculum. I wish I would've found this book when my daughter's were in preschool. This book has the CUTEST and most SIMPLEST project ideas and recipes in it! This is science at first glance for little ones. It's JUST right for their little curious minds. It's not too in depth, not too complicated, not overly expensive for the projects, and it's also fun! I flipped through this book in planning his upcoming school year and I couldn't stop thinking how every homeschooled parent of preschoolers and even kindergarteners should have this book! Most of the projects call for supplies that are EASY to find and some require a little ahead prep work, but nothing most parents couldn't swing together the morning of the lesson.
on February 29, 2016
I'm in love! I decided not to use any kind of paper curriculum with my homeschool kids until they are at least 7 unless they ask for it, however I still want to "teach" them and help them explore. The Little Hands series is great for for this approach. Engaging, simple and fun!
on June 23, 2017
Will be great to use with preschoolers in a STEM setting.
on November 12, 2011
I purchased this book for my daughter's second birthday, which is in May. I was hoping to use many of the ideas over the summer vacation. Since I am a teacher, I was looking for new ideas that would keep us both busy and help her learn more about science by experiencing it. I do have to say that the majority of these ideas- although educational, and require limited supplies, are more geared for probably age 3 and up. We didn't use too many ideas this summer, but I am looking forward to doing a lot more with this book next summer when she is 3.
The book itself is visually appealing. Some of the Williamson books are not in full color, but this one is. (I love that)! It is well-organized as well.

Can't wait to start using it more!
on July 17, 2013
As a first time mom, I have a hard time explaining science to my little one. I feel like this helps me word science correctly so that her little curious mind can understand me without thinking that everything around her is rocket science. It also gives you plenty of activities so that family time is always fun!
on January 22, 2009
I first picked this book up at the library. Now that I have to return it, I realize that I need to own it. There are so many wonderful activities and ideas in this book. I'm excited to do more of the activities in the spring and summer. I have 4 year old twins and a 20 month old and all 3 children have loved the activities so far. The book is for ages 2-6.
on November 7, 2015
Awesome ideas
on May 22, 2013
This book is an excellent was to introduce young children into the fun and exciting world of science. My children love to try new things and this was a great way to get them to learn about science. It was easy to read and fun to do.
on June 11, 2014
Wife loves this book. Our LO really enjoys the experiments and is learning a lot from them, and she loves that these can mostly be created from things around the house and/or for just a few dollars.