Scientific Explorer Mind Blowing Science Kit
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.48. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$8.19 (34%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 20 piece kit allows your young scientist to explore and learn the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of science tools
- Represents STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) principles – open ended toys to construct, engineer, explorer and experiment
- Chemicals Included: Red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, 3 color tablets, crosslinked polyacrylate copolymer, vegetable oil, corn starch
- Supplies Included: 2 cotton swabs, 3 test tubes with stand, 3 plastic cups, pipette, 2 sticks, 2 measuring scoops and activity guide
- Recommended for children 6 years of age and older with adult supervision
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
Your junior chemist’s introduction to the world of scientific exploration
Dynamic, Fun Science at Home!
Learn the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of science tools. With mind blowing experiments such as creating a sunset in a test tube and making a color-changing volcano, children will love learning fascinating facts about their natural world and this kit will keep them engrossed with interactive experiments.
Scientific Explorer's Mind Blowing Science Kit includes almost everything you need to set up exciting, colorful experiments with your young scientist. Although none of the experiments included in this kit are especially messy, each one should be done on a flat surface that can be easily wiped clean in case of spills.
Adults who are supervising experiments do not need to be science gurus. In addition to step-by-step instructions for each experiment, the detailed activity guide included with this kit provides adults with 'mind blowing science secrets' that help to answer questions about what's happening in each experiment.
Adults and kids will learn amazing new things about basic and acidic solutions with the Mind-Blowing Science Kit. Whether erupting an under-water volcano or growing colorful, jiggly crystals, this science kit mixes learning with experimentation in a fun and colorful way for a wide range of ages. Each of the hands-on activities in the science guide is intended to be performed by a young scientist under adult supervision, although these activities can be adjusted to accommodate a range of ages and capabilities while still maintaining the educational excitement of the original experiments.
Household items needed:
- Water, baking flour, plate or tray, tape, red and blue pens, grape juice, coffee filter paper, bowl, measuring spoons and cups, stirring spoon, towels for clean-up
What's in the Box:
Red cabbage powder (0.25oz/7g), citric acid (2oz/59ml), baking soda (2oz/59ml), 3 color tablets, cross-linked polyacrylamide co-polymer (0.5oz/14g), vegetable oil (2oz/59ml), corn starch (2oz/59ml), paper, 2 cotton swabs, 3 test tubes with caps, test tube stand, 3 plastic cups, pipette, stir 2 sticks, small and medium plastic measuring scoops and activity guide.
Scientific Explorer is the industry leader in fun and educational activity-based science kits for children. Appreciated by parents for their educational value and loved by children for their hands-on fun, Scientific Explorer kits help develop critical thinking skills, inspire imagination, and encourage exploration through interactive experiments and activities that help make learning fun. Scientific Explorer is a member of the Alex Brands Family.
Recommended for children 6 years of age and older with adult supervision
- Activity 1 : Dancing Powders: Get started on your mind blowing journey in the world of chemistry with this simple activity to learn about acids, bases and chemical reactions
- Activity 2: Color Changing Liquids: Use acids, bases and red cabbage powder to make color changing liquids
- Activity 3: Acid or Base? Test some safe household liquids to find out if they are acids or bases
- Activity 4: Create Colorful Jiggly Crystals
- Activity 5: Test Tube Sunset: Watch beautiful colors as they change before your eyes
- Activity 6: Create Giant Jiggly Crystals
- Activity 7: Color Changing Volcano: Make a volcano erupt with color changing lava
- Activity 8: Create an Underwater Volcano
- Activity 9: Color Changing Grapes: Can you make a fruit change color?
- Activity 10: Magic Ooze: Is it a solid or a liquid?
- Activity 11: Mix Colors with your Eyes: Mix colors without them ever touching!
Compare to similar items
This item Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12.1 x 3 x 10 in||10.1 x 2.8 x 12.1 in||10 x 4 x 12 in||12 x 3 x 10 in||12 x 3 x 10 in||2.25 x 11 x 8.25 in|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Sure, you can make your own red cabbage extract... but if you are like me, you won't. Because you did for a homeschool experiment 10 years ago with your oldest child, and you still remember what a horrible mess it was.
Some of the experiments are repetitive, but that's a good thing for early childhood.
And cornstarch and water? Everyone knows that one. (if you don't, google it. Too much fun to miss).
But the point is, I had not done any of these experiments with my daughter until we got this box. This has everything in one box, with all the equipment-- including a stand for the test tubes, which another review didn't have for some reason. (And get a little bag superabsorbent polymers, too. Those little buggers are fun but somehow end up everywhere). It's fun, it's easy, there are some experiments that require patience, which is really good for this age group. We are most of the way through the kit, doing maybe three experiments a week, and now I am shopping for more kits. Because even though I have the equipment, the books, and the education to diy the whole thing... the kit is easy, fun, and we actually DO it.
This came well packaged and in good condition with no missing items.
You will need some extra items to do some of the experiments. Most will be around the house but I deducted a star since there are so many.
Extra Items Needed:
Water & Other Safe Household Liquids(?)
Grape Juice(Not White)
White Coffee Filter Paper
Plate or Tray, Light Colored Dinner Plate
2 Dinner Plates or Wide Shallow Bowls
Medium-Sized Cup or Bowl
Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cup, Spoon
Food Coloring (optional)
Red Pen, Blue Pen
We still have more to do, but we're having fun.
Most recent customer reviews
Oh well.Read more