This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Scientific Explorer Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit
|You Save:||$17.00 (52%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Most impressive crystal growing kit you will ever find with 13 different growing activities
- Grow a shimmering crystal studded geode that glows in the dark and crystals that bounce and jiggle
- Includes sodium acetate, 3 packets of monoammonium phosphate, 2 packets of alum, zinc sulfide, polyacrylamide and a bag of granite rocks
- Also includes 2 cards, 4 containers, magnifier, measuring beaker, 2 petri dishes, pipette, plaster of Paris, safety goggles and an instruction guide
- Recommended for children 12 years of age and older
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Scientific Explorer is the industry leader in fun and educational activity-based science kits for children. Appreciated by parents for their educational value and loved by children for their hands-on fun, Scientific Explorer kits help develop critical thinking skills, inspire imagination, and encourage exploration through interactive experiments and activities that help make learning fun.
- Scientific Explorer exceptional series of home science kits based on the nationally recognized Great Explorations in Math and Science (GEMS) program pioneered at UC Berkley's Lawrence Hall of Science. These kits teach valuable lessons about the scientific method and how to propose, test and refine your hypothesis. Exploratory learning improves memory and keeps kids engaged with hands-on learning experiences. Kids will love it and learn at the same time. Scientific Explorer is a member of the ALEX Brands family of products.
13 Crystal Creations!
Make awesome crystals in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors with Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit! All the experiments and activates included in this kit explore the remarkable science of gemstones in nature and in the laboratory. See spectacular results and learn the science behind the projects as you grow shimmering crystal creations! The kit makes great projects for science fairs and is a perfect activity to learn about the beauty of what grows in our Earth.
- Crystal Stalagmite; a type of crystal that grows up from the ground.
- Crystal Flower; crystals can be almost any shape, create one that’s a flower.
- Cool Clear Crystals; grow a bigger, clearer crystal and notice the details.
- Golden Citrine; brighten your day with a juicy lemon-colored crystal.
- Red Tourmaline; make a red crystal that looks like a precious gem.
- Sapphire Sparkler; make a blue crystal that looks like one rumored to have healing properties.
- Jumbo Jewel; create something beautiful enough to be worn as jewelry.
- Crystal Clear Diamond; forge a stone as clear as a diamond.
- Crystal Cactus; grow crystals right on a card to make a prickly yellow cactus.
- Brilliant Blue Geode; crystals grown in a hollow, rounded surface.
- Atomic Glow Geode; glow-in-the-dark geode to dazzle friends and family day and night.
- Thirsty Crystals; crystals that stay soft a squishy before becoming solid.
- Crystal Competition; grow 3 different types of crystals at the same time and note the differences.
Scientific Explorer Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit
About ALEX Brands
- ALEX Brands offers some of the most highly recognizable branded toys, sports balls, educational activity kits, games, science kits, construction sets, and novelty products in the industry.
Recommended for children 12 years of age and older
2 Cards; 4 Containers (7 ounce Tub, 7 ounce Cup, 3.5 ounce Cup, Half Shell); Sodium Acetate (5.9 ounce); Monoammonium Phosphate (6.5 ounce Clear, 2.5 ounce Yellow, 2 ounce Red); Alum (6.15 ounce Clear, 5.4 ounce Blue); Zinc Sulfide (0.14 ounce); Polyacrylamide (0.5 ounce); Bag of Granite Rocks; Magnifier; Measuring; Beaker; 2 Petri Dishes; Pipette; Plaster of Paris (2.5 ounce); Safety Goggles; Instruction Guide
Scientific Explorer Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit teaches you how to make awesome crystals in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors. Family and friends will be amazed, but you will know the science behind the stones. With 13 activities, this is the most impressive crystal growing kit you will find. See spectacular results as you grow a shimmering crystal studded geode that glows in the dark, formations with long jagged spikes, crystals that bounce and jiggle and more. The crystal experiments in this kit make great projects for science fairs and are a perfect activity to learn about the beauty of what grows in our Earth. Recommended for children 12 years of age and older.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't recommend this product at all.
After that didn't work (too slow for an 8 year old), I started looking for a kit adequate enough to satiate my science guys appetite. I found this one a short time later and let me tell you-- This crystal growing kit is everything I hoped for and more! It includes several different concoctions to grow crystals. You can make different colors, different kinds, different shapes, and they all grow at different rates! And there are still leftovers! My guy was supremely satisfied with this product and so was I!
Most recent customer reviews
I don't think we did anything wrong.
The ones from the Dollar tree grew better.