Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scientific Explorer Ultimate Spa'Mazing Kit
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on December 26, 2008
This kit includes natural ingredients for making your own spa products. Along the way, you will learn what some of the different ingredients are, and what they're used for, as well as a bit of aromatherapy.
Included in the kit are the following items:
3 essential fragrance oils (coconut, strawberry, & vanilla), oats, citric acid, sea salt, baking soda, bentonite clay, a wooden spatula, a plastic pipette, an eye mask, 7 empty plastic storage jars and bottles for the "products" you create, and an instruction booklet. The kit includes instructions and some of the products needed to create: a bentonite clay mask, a french vanilla bentonite clay facial, perfumes, an island goddess foot soak, caribbean fizz sugar cubes (for the bath), café vanilla frappe pre glazing bath or shower wash, surfing oahu scrub, a sweet honey mask, a natural oats yogurt mask, a strawberry-honey clay mask, a chocolate clay facial, a banana oatmeal honey mask, a natural blemish treatment, a caribbean island spa treatment, a blueberry honey face mask, and a whipped apple pie body scrub.
The use of a stove or microwave is required for some of the activities.
When making some of the products, you will need to supplement with some items from your home, such as water, flowers, honey, ground coffee, yogurt, strawberries, cocoa, milk, bananas, tomatoes, lemon or lime juice, blueberries, whipping cream, apple juice, and measuring cups/spoons/bowls, and towels and washcloths.
Lots of fun for any girl who enjoys bath products, cooking, etc!
review image review image
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
I will not be giving this item to my children! I ordered several for Christmas and items arrived with a huge "THIS ITEM IS KNOWN TO CONTAIN INGREDIENTS THAT CAUSE CANCER" sticker plastered across the front. NO WAY!!
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2010
This was a birthday present for my daughter, and since we have made these type of products before, I expected to get a lot of use out of it. This is a great kit if you have not made these products before, or if you don't have the basic ingredients already. Since I have baking soda, oatmeal, European clay, citric acid and salt in my cupboards already (and the kit comes with about $5 worth of these ingredients) and keep essential oils (the oils in the kit are synthetic- maybe $3 worth) the only benefits are the jars and directions. It would be great for a little girl's party, if you get extra jars (the kit comes with maybe four 1 ounce jars and two 4 ounce jars).
on December 29, 2010
Purchased this product as a Christmas present for my 12-year-old neice who loves sciene experiments. Unforunately, the product did not ship well, and powders and liquids came out of the packaging which made a big mess when opened. We obtained a refund after the product was returned. It was a good idea, but unless the shipping situation is resolved, I would not recommend the product.
on April 11, 2016
For a child that wants to know how everything is made, great product. Well organized, only needed a few items that weren't included to make it work. Hours of entertainment and plenty of lip gloss to go around for the entire sleepover gang.
on January 26, 2014
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter. We recently had several snow days and this kept her and my 14 year old daughter entertained all day. You'll need some ingredients from your own kitchen, such as bananas, honey and blueberries. I think it's a great introduction to "kitchen beauty" but I think should have included more information explaining the science behind what makes the ingredients good for your skin. But still, it's inspired her to learn and try more things on her own. Most most importantly, she had fun and it was good to see them getting along as sisters. I wouldn't have bought it at the full retail price of $29.99 though.
on January 3, 2010
I bought this kit as a Christmas present for my 7 year-old daughter, and was disappointed by it. The components of the kit are every day items that could easily be found in many stocked kitchens, such as baking soda, sea salt and oats, and not much of each. It includes only 3 essential oils (vanilla, coconut, and strawberry). For the price of the kit, I expected much more. I feel like I spent $30 for a few ingredients, most of which I had in my pantry, some small empty jars, and a handful of recipes that I could have easily found on the internet. We had one enjoyable morning, but that was it. It's definitely not worth the money.
on March 29, 2011
This was very easy to use, but you very quickly run out of ingredients. Also some of the recipies need to be adjusted, things come out way to thick or to thin. There is also not enough ingredients to do more than a couple of the redipes in the book. Overall my daughter had a good time with it, we are still looking for more citric acid.
on July 16, 2016
First, I did not buy this via Amazon. However, I was so disappointed that I was compelled to share how lame this kit is. I got it for a birthday party for 10& 11 year olds. Opened it up only to discover the loooooong list of ingredients I needed to buy in addition to the cheap "essential oils" and other plastic junk in the box. Also, the instructions were mixed up with ingredient lists in the wrong place with the wrong activities. Basically, you can go to the grocery store and buy a banana, honey, oatmeal and make some "masks" and wash them off. This was a complete waste of money. Next time, mobile spa.
on August 9, 2013
Its a great idea in theory, but all the kit stuff is made in China and after all the reports I'm not sure I want kids mixing the stuff and putting it on their faces. You can make the facial stuff out of things in your own cabinets (e.g., oat meal scrub). save your $$ buy something else, or just get a book and make things from scratch.