- Paperback: 180 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (July 2, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1861564236
- ISBN-13: 978-1861564238
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.3 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#13,791,247 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #787 in Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Special Education > Mentally Disabled
- #1166 in Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Special Education > Physically Disabled
- #2147 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Allied Health Services > Occupational Therapy
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Scissors Skills 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"…easy to read…useful resource in any child development service." (The British Journal of Occupational Therapy, August 2006)
From the Back Cover
Cutting with scissors is a complex skill. Difficulties may arise because of congenital or acquired disabilities, injury or lack of experience. All the skills needed to use scissors effectively are described by an experienced occupational therapist. There is discussion of the conditions which may preclude or delay the acquisition of scissors skills including neuropathy, poor muscle power, skeletal problems, pain and discomfort. Some conditions may require adaptations and special equipment.
There are suggestions of activities aimed to enhance the pre-scissors skills of children and adults. The book includes the wide range of conventional and special scissors available which help to promote and improve scissors skills. Carefully graded scissors activities are included together with a selection of photocopiable work sheets. The book will be useful for occupational therapists working in the areas of paediatrics, rehabilitation and learning difficulties as well as teachers and classroom support assistants at all educational levels.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|