- Hardcover: 244 pages
- Publisher: Carol Publishing Corporation (September 1, 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1559721529
- ISBN-13: 978-1559721523
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.9 x 11.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,395,776 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Scorsese Picture: The Art and Life of Martin Scorsese Hardcover – September 1, 1992
From Library Journal
Filmmaker Scorsese is quoted at length here, but the native New Yorker's life is addressed primarily by analysis of an impressive film canon that includes Raging Bull (1980) , The Last Temptation of Christ (1988), and Goodfellas (1990) . The influence of British director Michael Powell and Scorsese's collaborations with actor Robert De Niro are evaluated. Especially revealing is an account of a Cape Fear (1992) editing session in which Ehrenstein observes editor Thelma Schoonmaker, Scorsese, and his dog Zoe. Illustrations (photos, memoranda, etc.) and a large-print format make this readable in one or two sittings. Cinema collections will find that it nicely complements Scorsese on Scorsese (Faber & Faber, 1989). Recommended for most libraries.
- Kim Holston, American Inst. for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters, Malvern, Pa.
Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|