Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scosche Dash Kit for 1992-Up General Motors Oversize Radio Multi Kit with 2 Cd Pocket
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on May 10, 2011
My 03 Silverado stock CD player stopped working about a year ago and I didn't want to pay someone to install a new stereo so I have been suffering with the radio only. Recently I mentioned this to someone and they told me how easy it is to get the dash plate off by just pulling on it. Boy did I feel stupid! Anyway once I found this and saw what needed done I found this adapter on Amazon and pulled the trigger. Let me tell you, for something so simple and inexpensive I couldn't be happier. New stereo head (Sony from Amazon) went in easy and fit perfectly. The holes lined right up and the included shims made everything line up perfectly in the dash. No gaps, everything is firm like OEM and now I have a pocket for a CD or my Droid when using it for the music source.
on July 14, 2011
Wasn't sure if this was gonna fit, now I am. Fits perfectly in my 2005 Colorado. Great bargin for the price.
on May 14, 2011
Have been an installer for just over 15 years, this is by far the best single DIN dash kit available for GMC/Chevy vehicles - the fit and finish is superb and it's not a mix and match of snap together and rattle apart later pieces - better than Metra kits for these cars and same price point.
on January 8, 2012
I've read mostly good reviews on this adapter but nowhere did anyone mention the lack of assembly or installation instructions. This certainly seemed to be flimsy adapter but does become more rigid after assembly and installation of the stereo. The first problem I had was the slot opening on the side was not molded straight so I had to take a small file to to make the opening larger. Second, the opening to mount the stereo may be large enough for most stereos but not a DUAL. I had to mark the height of stereo and shaved/filed the opening wider so the stereo would fit. I also had to file off small tabs on the stereo. I had to find four longer mounting screws to secure the stereo to the plastic mounting brackets. Note that with a DUAL, you cannot use the metal slide in housing provided and normally used with a stereo. Nor do you need the stereo cover plate. It would be nice if Schoshe included a little more detail in there installation instructions on some cautions/notes. I felt like I was putting together a jigsaw puzzle. After I checked the fit, I put a dab of hot glue on the plastic mounting tabs to ensure they couldn't slide out. I am mechanicaly inclined and very patient, so I figured I would get there eventually. Total assembly/installation time - 2 hours. Just keep in mind that it may not be as easy as all the reviews would lead you to believe. Also, for you that have a chevrolet product (mine was a 2006 silverado), that standard $10 GM electrical connector/harness will not fit. You need one that separates the doors chimes/alarms. Schosche makes one for about $40 at Walmart or if you have lots of money, go to your local car audio store and pay $150 for the same product. Hope this helps.
on March 24, 2012
I've installed a few stereos in my day and I know the importance of having the right piece of kit to complete your install.

This Scosche kit does the job well. I installed it in a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. The real key to this is a proper installation of the head unit trim ring. Make sure you use the lock down tabs on the trim to hold it in place. The single greatest point of failure in these is a failure by the installer to know to do this (if you don't, that's when the radio slides around or falls out of the dash).

Once installed properly, it's pretty solid. To make myself feel better and because I'll be driving my truck along the Alaskan Highway, I used some cardboard to fill the gap between the pocket and stereo (with some double-stick tape) so the radio will not move in the mount.

Once wired up and everything, the kit bolted right up to my truck with no issues. It's a great fit. It doesn't look bad, not great either. Not cheap, but not high end. It is sufficient in every way to install an aftermarket head unit. If you're looking for fancy, go with a double-DIN aftermarket head unit.

For my application, I did not need any of the included shims or screws. The shims are included in case your application needs them.

Total install time for this piece was about 5 minutes.
on February 17, 2012
If you have the right stereo(small stereo) it should go by easily but i had to break a couple pices inside the dashboard to make the stereo fit(but thats the stereo problem) This kit fit so snug, and went in flawlessly, the only problem was that the squared front did not fit through the alero's panel so i had to chip away at the corners, took me a couple hours to install with the stereo and everything but the kit did its job, my only problem was the stereo, the kit supplied what you needed for the intstall of the kit itself,even spacers for if any reason the stereo didnt fit like me
on October 8, 2015
Bought this to replace the Metra dash kit I got 5 years ago that had no lower pocket but a little covering a hole cut for a pocket. Glad I did. Bracket was more heavy duty, having the pocket is a nice storage add-on, and after installing I realized how this was a proper fit and the old Metra was way off. It included a bracket that appeared to be a guide pin like on the back of the stock stereo, but it was worthless. Because it fits multiple models it has some spacer brackets that may need to be added, just throw a piece of scotch tape to hold them together for the install or glue.
on May 17, 2012
I bought this to install a Kenwood stereo in a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero. It fits perfectly and works well for much less than the car audio shop charges.
on December 29, 2010
This works perfectly for replacing the stock radio in the 2005 Trailblazer. I put in the Kenwood Kdc-Hd545U with no problems!
on June 4, 2015
I purchased this to install in my 2005 Pontiac GrandAm using a Pioneer receiver. Overall installation was easy. Every lined up correctly. I had an issue with the receiver where I couldn't get enough of the tabs you bend to hold it in place to grip this adapter. This led to a rattle that kept getting worse and worse. I ended up tweaking the install and added a few pieces of foam weatherstrips to cushion the receiver so there was less leveraging weight at the back of the receiver. Basically I put the weatherstrip on top of the cd pocket towards the rear so the receiver had something to rest on in the back instead of putting all that weight onto the receiver tabs in the front that engage with the front of the adapter kit.