Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 344 reviews
on March 1, 2016
Horrible!! I've used scotch refill hundreds of times & always been happy, until this time. The roll is backwards, sticky is on wrong side of the roll to use with an ATG. When you unroll to load the glue should be on the outside, when I load this the sticky is on the inside. Total wast of money!
1010 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2016
Like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead, when this works it is very very good but when it doesn't it's horrid. My latest batch of tape is defective--and I'm clearly not the only one with this problem. What happens is that the adhesive does not stay on the proper side--it randomly adheres to the backside of the upper tape. I know that you should be able to manually put the adhesive back on the correct side but it just doesn't work for me. It balls up and continues to adhere to the wrong side. This wrong side problem will happen many times during a roll. I end up having to put the roll in upside down and switching and rewinding many times, but then it doesn't always wind on the spool as it should.

I've loved this tool for years but I'm reaching my breaking point on it. Yes, it's cheaper than other tapes but the frustration level is too high. BTW, I'm using acid-free tape. Using regular non-acid free tape is even worse. 3M, get your act together. You've angered a lot of paper crafters with this problem.
on November 21, 2015
As an avid scrapbooker and stamper, I am always looking for a good deal on adhesives! This is a double roll from my favorite adhesive and I will continue to go with this brand and variety. It can be a bit tricky loading the Tape Glider, I always have to look at the instructions for directions but once you do it a few times it gets easier. As for the adhesive itself I am happy with the ease of use and the quality of the product.
I make and sell greeting cards to benefit our local library, and I started out in my hobby using double-sided tape to stick pieces of paper together. When I discovered the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider through one of my craft teachers, I was delighted. It made my projects so much easier to put together. There are only two things I would change if I could:

(1) As the roll of tape gets toward the end, it is harder and harder to use.
(2) Putting a new roll of tape onto the glider is quite a fiddly process. I have wrecked whole rolls of tape in my efforts to place the roll properly on the glider.

In spite of these two drawbacks, I'll never go back to the regular double-sided tape except under special circumstances.
VINE VOICEon August 13, 2016
This is the only double-sided glider I've used so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's works fine once you get it started. I think it's difficult to load and you have to put quite a bit of pressure on the front roller when you're rolling tape. Other than that, it seems to work fine. Quality is good, price seems right, tape sticks the way it should.
on September 9, 2016
I have been using the Scotch ATG gun for several years, and it is my preferred adhesive for cardmaking and scrapbooking. I always choose the acid-free refills, even though the general adhesive will work just as well on cardmaking. Acid free is safer for archival scrapbooking. This 2-pack was a good deal.
on June 12, 2016
Item was supposed to be the Acid Free Type, but I was sent General Purpose. Not sure if this is different, but it seems like the sticky is on the wrong side of the roll so I had to fuss with it over loading the ATG. Plus, it quite frequently doesn't feed correctly and gums up so it is a sticky string instead of a line of tape like it should be. Not sure it this is the fault of Scotch or the vendor but I won't be buying this again since it was a complete waste of money!
review image review image review image
on July 1, 2016
I've been buying this tape for years, and using it on all my papercrafting projects. When it works, it works great. However, this last batch that I purchased is NOT working at all in the ATG 'gun'. I have tried all four rolls (two boxes), & the adhesive part rolls up on the wrong side of the rollers! Have had to remove & throw away all four rolls. :-( Lots of $$ in the trash!!! Not sure if it is a bad batch from the manufacturer, or if it was left outside in my mailbox too long in the weather. Will only be buying this IN A LOCAL STORE from now on! (And yes, I am loading it correctly--as I said, been doing this for years, but today got the directions out and followed them step-by-step!)
on April 15, 2017
The glue gets stuck to the wrong side of the tape. When I purchase from the store it works fine. Maybe these are being stored in an area that too hot or something.
on February 25, 2013
I love this Tape Glider and the refills. They are priced reasonable for they last a long time. The tape does not always run properly out of the glider and can become a sticky mess... but it doesn't happen every time. I've learned to watch how I press on the project and the timing of pressing the button and releasing it. Those things matter. It can only be improved with practice. Replacing the tape roll can be daunting, but I use the diagram every time. I would have given this 5 stars if I did not have problems about 30% of the time with the glue rolling properly out of the machine onto my project. Sometimes I have to use my fingers to grab the other end of the glue and place it down on the project as it is still sticking to the roller instead of my project when it comes out. All of that being said, it was well worth the purchase and is far better than dealing with double sided tape. I would not go back. I think that if the glue rolls are perfected some by the mfg then it may become easier to use. That is my hope. I have to be honest about it -- so I hope they see this and solve the issues for their customers.

Tip: As you use this, set the roller on the top side of your project, press the black button under the glider, with some pressure on the project (not too much -- practice with this), roll the glider back towards you. When you are beyond the bottom side of your project, release the black button. If the glue is in the air, use your finger to press it down onto your project. This is for those times when the roller does not work properly and set the glue down for you the way it should. Hopefully, you won't have to do this too much, but if so, this is how I deal with the problem. Hope it helps. It works pretty good to do it this way and it should not stick to your finger.

This makes about a 1/4" wide strip of glue / tape so it is nice for thinner areas -- which double sided tape does not do as well without either folding it in half or pulling strips in half after you have a piece in your hands.

The glider makes for quicker work and allows you to use only one hand for the taping process (most of the time). The other hand can be used to hold the project steady. I like this for my altered art projects -- boxes and small brag book type projects. The glue I use is the permanent and it seems to hold very well.