|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 2 x 4.9 inches|
|Item model number||3311-50|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||2" X 50 yrds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||051131-85493-RL|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Scotch Foil Tape, 2-Inch by 50-Yard
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.96 (26%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Recommended Applications: Ductwork maintenance
- Extreme temperature application
- General repairs
- Resists water vapor, odor and smoke transmission
- For application ease, the adhesive is protected until the liner is removed.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Scotch 3311 foil tape provides quick, hassle-free use and top performance results every time. Specially designed for sealing joints or seams against harmful moisture or vapor on foil jacketing insulation and ideal for a variety of other uses including general maintenance and automotive repair. Product measures 2.0 inch x 50 YD, 50.8 mm x 9,1 m.
From the Manufacturer
Scotch no.174 Foil Tape 3311, Ideal for general duct sealing and MRO repair applications. Meets UL 723 standard.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've been in stores looking for the right kind of duct tape, but no-one who worked at any of the large home improvement chains could tell me anything about the duct tapes they carried. Nothing of value, so I had been reluctant until I had the grand idea of reading reviews of duct tapes online, which brought me to trying out this tape.
First of all, the tape is very, very easy to work with. There is a thin plastic backing that lets you handle the tape and cut it to the correct size without it sticking all over everything and losing its adhesiveness in the process. Once you're ready, you can peel a bit of the backing away and anchor the tape, then steadily peel the rest away as you apply the rest, exactly where you want it to go.
The air pressure behind the leaks is so high that it literally tore off the duct tape that was applied last year, but so far (about 3 weeks now), this foil tape has held on tight without even a slight bulge where the air leaks have been sealed. I've run the air conditioner in the day and the heater at night (desert conditions in spring--cold nights hot days), and there has been no warping or melting of any kind.
A couple of the air leaks are occurring where the duct work "meets" the HVAC unit. I put that in quotations because the "meeting" is offset by several centimeters, making it impossible to create a seal. I used some screws to wrench the duct work down onto the HVAC unit and quickly learned why this wasn't done--it caused the HVAC unit to make a racket that would wake the distant dead. I took the screws back out, leaving the large gap. These are the sort of air leaks this tape has been used to seal, and it has been famously effective. In fact, effective well beyond my expectations. And I've only even used a couple of yards off the 50 yard roll. That's all it took!
So, yes, high praise to this stuff. Very high praise.
My upstairs central air suddenly smelled of plastic, so--with the A/C turned off, and my wife on standby at the thermostat--I headed up the attic with a fire extinguisher. I didn't smell any burnt plastic in the attic even after she turned the A/C back on, but the upstairs bedrooms still did, so I figured the problem was with the A/C or the ducts.
I found that the attic A/C air intake and various housing components' tape covers were flapping about. I removed the original foil insulation tapes, wiped down the surfaces with paper towel dabbed in rubbing alcohol, then applied this foil tape to cover the openings. I also took the opportunity to tape up various holes and rips in the foil ducts, which ended up taking almost an hour.
Afterwards, I had my wife turn on the A/C, and voila, no more funky smell. I've hopefully also improved the A/C efficiency ever so slightly with the hole patches.
It has a full liner, I was specifically looking for a tape with the liner. It allows for a stronger adhesive on the tape. you can also cut to fit when the liner is there.