|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||0.9 x 3.8 x 5.4 inches|
|Item model number||178|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||178|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Scotch Freezer Tape, 3/4 x 1000 Inch (178)
|Price:||$4.44 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for labeling and sealing frozen foods
- Special low-temperature adhesive sticks easily and tight on even bulky, odd shaped items
- Apply at or near room temperature to a dry surface
- Works well on paper, film, foil
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
After several weeks of using the tape once I ran out of labels, here's why I *now* prefer the tape:
1) Cheaper by far, if all you want to do is write a simple date for a bottle -- I just write out the date while the tape is still on the roll, sometimes several times if I have multiple bottles to label, then tear it off date by date.
2) While gel ink will smear, a regular ballpoint works just fine
3) Sticks great, peels off cleanly, and doesn't turn into a sticky mess when wet. (The aforementioned labels turn into a sodden mess and leave adhesive behind if you let them get at all wet -- even just from condensation upon removing them from the fridge or freezer.)
4) No scraps of backing strips to clean up -- important when labeling milk at O-dark-thirty and/or when sleep deprived due to the milk-consumer's behavior!
Update Feb 2013: I frequently have problems with ballpoint pens failing to mark on the tape -- I think it may have something to do with the same properties that allow the tape to release from itself easily, i.e. there may be some sort of coating inhibiting the ballpoint ink delivery. I've tried multiple pens. It seems to be worse the farther you get into the roll of tape, as well. As another reviewer mentioned, a china marker works well, but I like to have a finer point if possible. Maybe I'll try a Space Pen next; the pressurized ink may help.Read more ›
I bought this same tape at a store a few years ago and it wasn't this pricey for one roll. Being a new mom, though, I didn't have time to go searching around at stores for it as not too many stores usually carry it so I bought it from Amazon, though I think I could have gotten it cheaper at a store.
The tape core is a non-standard size, and the roll is larger than regular desk tape. I looked high and low for any sort of insert that would fit this roll, but in the end I decided to try out the Tartan Tabletop Tape Dispenser which comes with a 1" and 3" core insert. The freezer tape fits on the 1" core (there's extra room, but the core holder stays in just fine), and the roll fits down in the cavity. It works great, and it's very convenient for prepping bulk batches of food or quickly packing away leftovers.
The scotch freezer tape is great for containers, in the refrigerator, freezer, or any container really. They stick well to glass, plastic, metal, plastic bags, and even foil to a certain degree.They do not come off after frozen. Yet they're easy to peel off. I use regular Sharpie marker on the tape, and the writing does not transfer, does not smelt. The tape and writing pretty stay until I peel them off.
There is 1000 inch of tape in the roll. Because it's not precut, I can cut off a small section for small labels, or a very long one for a large box with details notes. However, the tape is not as neat as precut address labels. It's also beige (like masking take), not white. Sp the neat stack of containers are not as neat after using this label. But I'd rather have rough cut edges than label residue.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice one, does its job. Sticks well.. Easy to tear off no worries searching for cutting scissors. But this looks very thin, but doesn't affect its workingPublished 1 month ago by Customer1234
Works fine, but honestly I'd much rather just use cheap masking tape.Published 1 month ago by Leia709
I expected more from Scotch brand. While the tape works well, can be written on, and doesn't come off in the freezer, the downside is that it's very difficult to remove from the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Colorado Avid Reader
Using for labeling breastmilk bottles in the refrigerator. Sticks well and comes off easilyPublished 1 month ago by Arti