Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scotch Restickable Strips, 1 x 3 Inches, 6 Strips (R101)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Size: 1" x 3"|Change
Price:$2.77+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 20, 2015
These strips are absolutely horrible for hanging up anything more than a palm sized piece of paper. I recently bought these in order to hang up a map of mine and my husband's travels. Within an hour of getting the map stuck up on the wall and pinning the locations we've traveled to, the poster began peeling and eventually fell off the wall completely. I went on to hang the map back up three times before eventually giving up and taking it down. I ended up sending an email to the company explaining my issue and they said they had no idea why this would be happening. I was told that the strips were defective and that they would send out a replacement. A few weeks later, I finally received the replacements in the mail and went straight to hanging our map back up and filling it with pins again. Much to my dismay, the same exact thing happened. Within an hour my poor map was falling off the wall. I've now used Scotch Restickable Strips from four different packages, so at this point I'm fairly certain that the products I've received aren't defective, but that the product in general just isn't well made. I know that a map is a fairly large thing to be hanging up, but we made sure to use a ridiculous amount of strips to make sure it had enough support. Plus, we also tried hanging up an 8x10 photograph on the wall above our bed. We were incredibly excited when it didn't fall down within an hour, but we went on the wake up very cranky in the middle of the night when it (and a poster) fell down on us when we were sleeping. I truly wish that we never purchased these strips and I'm hoping that the company will just issue us a refund so that we can buy something that will actually work. Avoid these things at all costs.
on November 21, 2014
This might be the first review I've ever written, but after my poster fell, for the 20th time, and that's after I bought a new pack and added more strips to the back to make sure poster stays...I have to come here and let it be known that this product sucks. I literally have like about 20 restickable strips on the back of my 20x30 poster...still wouldn't hold up. Now the poster is crinkled from having fallen too often, I really don't know what to do with the rest of the strips! What a waste of money.
Size: 1" x 3"|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well after 30 years married to a quilter, sewer, serger etc, I have wall so torn up from her latest "creation" that she gets so excited about, I have almost given up. And I have tried most tapes on the market as well. Any that are super strong take off paint of worse. Others are just too light duty. This comes into middle ground and hols a reasonable amount of weight if you use proper placement and does NO DAMAGE. None. Now it is thicker than some as well but with the mostly fabric hangings, wall hangings or whatever she calls them, it doesn't matter at all. The thickness borders some of the really nasty foam tapes I have tried that tore paint & worse off our walls. This is like so many 3M products. It woks, works as promised and really is reusable. I waited on my review till we had both the coldest day of the year and now the HOTTEST day of the year (103 degrees at the beach!)to see what would fail. Not a single thing.
Only reason I give it 4 stars instead of a perfect 5 is that to hold some weights the wife has I need to use more than I would like. I also come back on all my reviews as time passes to not be to exuberant at first try. It's hard to be not to enthusiastic though when something really does work this well. In a year If this is still working so well with other items, it will be upgraded. Downgrades sooner if any flaws develop that so far have NOT. Thanks again (as usual) 3M.
on June 25, 2015
I ended up buying 2 packs from 2 different stores, just to make sure the first pack wasn't a dud. I used the entire first pack to hold up a non-laminated, paper poster that weighs 1.5 ounces. Not only did the poster keep falling off the wall, the poster was eventually ruined (several of the strips took paper with it when I tried to remove them, though others came off cleanly). After the poster fell the first few times, I bought a second pack of strips and added that to the back of the poster (just to give the product the benefit of the doubt). Poster kept falling. The strips would unstick from the wall, fall, and get stuck to other places on the poster. Maybe this product works better on glass or metal, but I'm not going to buy it again to find out.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 29, 2011
Size: 1" x 3"|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These strips (cut to size) are holding photos to my filing cabinet, an envelope with stamps on my refrigerator (I could never find them before this!) and a few other lightweight items to walls and other vertical surfaces. They haven't damaged the paint or finish on anything, but will tear plain, uncoated paper (like that envelope) if not removed very carefully. The only way I've found to remove bits of paper from these is to scrape it off, which is time-consuming.

The other thing I use these for is to stabilize small items on a plant shelf, almost like museum putty. The shelf is slightly textured, but they stick anyway. I'm not sure they'd take a great deal of stress, but they keep things from falling when I dust. They've worked for months and don't seem to be drying out.

Pretty handy for lightweight uses.
on April 29, 2014
I used this on a poster which is about 34" x 23"- it's a fairly thick, quality poster. I had first tried that putty type of stuff, which wasn't working at all. So I gave this a try. I've had this up for quite some time now, maybe 5 or 6 months, and it's still sticking just fine. I didn't even use too much of this one pack for the poster. I'm really surprised it's stayed so well with just the amount that I used. I haven't tried it for anything else yet, but it has been working for my intended use. The only issue with posters that I can see is that if you live in a very humid area, especially hot and humid, like the southeast, it may not work as well (I'm only guessing though.)
on May 30, 2013
I use these restickable strips when sewing on my sewing machine. After I find my 1/4" seam spot I use a piece of a strip to put on my machine bed (do not put over machine feed dogs) to use a seam guide. Just cut a strip in half length wide and use one of the sticky sides. If I have to remove it for any reason and the sticky part seems to be getting gummy, just wet it and clean the strip and the sticky stuff comes back! For more info on how to use these strips for 1/4" seam guide marking go to
on October 14, 2012
Although these do the job, they are quite a hassle. Even with washing the wall before using them they still tend to come unstuck from the wall. They stick back easily, and if they won't then all it takes is a wet rag to wipe the tabs down with in order to get them sticky again, but they still don't stay adhered to the wall very well. I have to press them back into place nearly every single day (sometimes multiple times a day). I am using 8 of the tabs to hold up a 40"x60" poster and 4 tabs to hold up a 24"x36" poster, but neither poster will stay on the wall. The tabs were not 1"x3" as stated in the description, they are about 1"x1" tabs that are scored into two 3x3 sheets but still need to be cut completely from the other tabs.
Q. What is it?

A. It's a weird tape-like substance that you can use over and over.

Q. Why?

A. Not really sure, but the Scotch R&D guys have to keep inventing new stuff if they want to keep their jobs.

Q. What do you get?

A. Six strips of 1" x 3" double-back clear tape.

Q. Huh?

A. Right.

So this stuff is pretty cool, but I can't think of that many uses for it. The one use that seems pretty practical is classrooms & conference rooms. I'm thinking of a corporate training center where the instructors make notes on big flip charts and then taped these to the walls. This tape would be perfect for that, because they could just use these same six strips of tape day after day after day. When the tape gets grubby after repeated use, you can just wash it off and then it's sticky again after it dries. I don't know if that's completely practical for classroom applications, but it works.

Aside from that, it's not really practical for wrapping a present or repairing your spectacles. It's just a pre-cut piece of tape (6 of 'em) that you can use for adhering lightweight items to smooth/clean surfaces. That's it.
VINE VOICEon August 21, 2011
Size: 1" x 3"|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I decided to spackle and repaint my bedroom walls and decided to use this to hang up my calendar and some posters. The restickable strips were very easy to use with the posters, and I tested them by removing and repositioning the posters several times, the strips worked excellently and left no residue or mess; most importantly it did not strip away the laquer and paint that I had applied. I repainted my walls the lightest creammy yellow and the strips did not discolor the paint. The only problem I had was getting my Muramatsu Dogs Calendar to stick. I had to buy another packet of strips and use all six strips plus the two left from the first pack to get the calendar to stay up and be securely stuck to the wall. The restickable strips are definitely great for single leaf cardstock posters, but not to be used for framed posters or multiple page calendars. You definitely have to stick to the weight limit for the strips. I also use them to secure my pack of post its to my monitor and I haven't had to restick them like I used to.