Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 220 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on April 9, 2011
This is just what it looks like. Each tag consists of two rectangular sheets of clear plastic connected at the bottom. One of them has a sticker backing on it. You take whatever paper you want, put it in the middle, peel off the backing, slowly fold the sticky side down, press firmly to make sure everything's sealed, and that's it - instant "lamination." Each tag also comes with a little plastic loop so you can attach it to a bag. (ID forms are not included, but it's easy enough to print or write your own.)

What this means is that you can make your own custom tag. Obviously. The nice thing is that both sides are clear, so your tag can be double-sided. Put your contact info on one side, and whatever you want on the other. I used a picture of myself with my nephew. The sticker glue can make one side slightly more cloudy, but I can see both sides of my tag quite easily.
on April 15, 2017
I keep ordering these, as I like to provide laminated tags as gifts for friends and colleagues, as well as for my own use. The plastic loops are near indestructible, though they will yellow with age. The card pouch itself will separate if bent repeatedly, but once I attach it to a suitcase or briefcase, it tends to stay there. I can't imagine a better way to mark my bag. Just add your business card, and in 10 seconds, you're good to go. Never had one removed by careless airline bag handlers or TSA goons.
review image review image review image
on February 26, 2012
No problem with the tags themselves; they are good.

Odd note on what you get: If you're looking for luggage tags from major brands that can be sealed, you'll find Scotch by 3M and then just 3M variety, according to the options on Amazon.

Odd because 3M and Scotch are the same company, so I assumed that perhaps these white packaging ones were better for some reason, but the package received was the Scotch by 3M ones (purple packaging), which can be found elsewhere for a few dollars cheaper.
on June 2, 2010
I have used these on my luggage for several years, but lost a couple tags thanks to baggage handlers and/or airport equipment. That same event necessitated a new luggage set, so I need to buy more tags.

These are very easy to use. You peel back the tag, place whatever you want to "laminate" in the middle and then carefully press the tag shut to seal it in there. Be sure to leave enough space around whatever you place in the middle so it can seal on all sides. Then use the little cord that comes with it to attach it to your luggage strap.

We have never had one smudge, tear or break, and they don't bend very easily either. I just used the new set on a trip last month and although one of my bags came back heavily bent, the tag held up beautifully.

I would highly recommend these for anyone wanting to add a little personalization to their luggage.
on July 12, 2015
We travel a lot so these tags come in very handy. I use my business card because it has all necessary contact information and it is unique. If you do not have a personalized business card, I suggest using a bright or neon colored card stock paper to prepare a tag. This is an attention getter and helps your luggage stand out from all the other bags. The best thing about these tags is that they are relatively inexpensive and you can replace them as needed. However, mine have lasted for a couple years, so you should not have to do that unless baggage handling machinery gets at it and mangles it.... again, I travel a lot and that has never happened to me personally.
on June 4, 2012
For about $1 each including shipping these are the best luggage tags. Don't let the low price put you off!
The laminated label is thin so baggage handlers are less likely to use it as a handle when grabbing the suitcase.

I suggest making sure that your business card sized label is centered so there is a good amount adhesive on all sides. Then press firmly to remove all bubbles. The plastic cord loop makes it fairly easy to attach the laminated label to the suitcase handle, but not so easy that it can come loose and fall off. There is plenty of space to stick a white address label on the outside of the laminated label with your destination address and phone number, handy if you are stopping at several places on a trip -just stick a new label on top each time you set out.

There are several viewpoints on what information to put inside on the laminated label, I suggest name and airline club membership number, and possibly a PO Box Address. But not home phone number or street address.
Use of an outside white stick on "destination address and phone number" label makes it easy for the airline to find your hotel if the suitcase is lost.
on May 3, 2015
I used these to make luggage tags from my business cards for my briefcase and luggage. They did the trick. Not convinced they're the most sturdy solution, but given the price I'm completely satisfied.

I'll update in a year on how they're holding up -- or earlier if they don't.
on December 5, 2014
No mystery here. I had used custom made (my art and text) labels in the past from a national, on-line print house. When I went to re-order, they were no longer available. I took the occasion to rethink my option. I consider a luggage tag eminently utilitarian, and expected to suffer from weather, handling, and all of the other kinds of abuse to which our luggage is subjected. Sometimes they are even ripped from the piece of luggage and are never seen again. These laminating pouches are what I was looking for. Easy to create (I already have business cards), easy to attach, and after one becomes too scarred and crimped from being tossed about with other luggage, I don't mind replacing it with a newer one. A good deal!
on September 10, 2011
I wanted cute luggage tags that I could point out anywhere, so the obvious answer was to make my own. The great thing is that both sides are transparent so you can see the designs on either side, so I used pattered card stock to create the inserts. All you do is line it up properly, remove the protective sheet, then carefully press down so it seals on the 3 edges.

One of the card stocks I used had an embossed type pattern, so the sticky side never sealed well against it. It gets crinkly sounding when I run my fingers across it. Also, you have to make sure to leave plenty of clear border so the whole thing seals - there's a little bit of space between the inserts and the sealed edges (because you're not running it through a laminating machine to get all of the air out), so if you cut the inserts too big it may no seal all the way around. Also, while I'm sure the plastic loops are heavy duty, I don't think they're particularly attractive so I just used some ribbon to tie it to my luggage.

Overall I'm happy with it. I think it'll do it's job over multiple travels. It's inexpensive enough that if it does get damaged I can just make another.
on December 2, 2013
I got this to make last-minute luggage tags for a trip. While a bit bigger than other tags (overall), you have to leave enough space around the edges so the tag can seal. This makes the actual card area smaller, which is perfect for business cards and fine for pictures. I put the picture on the glossy side and my contact info on the slightly-less-glossy side with the adhesive. The tags held up just fine and are still on my bags.

Edit May 2014: 6 months later, the tags are generally holding up great, but be warned that if you take the tags off and on (to move them to different bags), the adhesive doesn't hold that well and the middle part (where the tag was bending) pops open a little. The edges can be pressed back together and it seems like the inside of the tag will stay put just fine so I'm not worried about losing the tag information.