|Item Weight||3.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 15.2 x 4.6 inches|
|Item model number||TL901C-T|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||TL901C-T|
Scotch Thermal Laminator, 2 Roller System, Fast Warm-up, Quick Laminating Speed (TL901C-T )
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.32. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$17.08 (49%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Warms up in 3-4 minutes
- Laminates 1 letter-size page per minute, Includes 2 letter size Scotch Thermal Pouches
- Input is 9" - and can be used with a variety of pouch sizes, up to 9" wide
- Two temperature settings for laminating 3 mil and 5 mil pouches with professional quality finish
- Portable design with a hidden cord storage that makes it easy to carry and store
- Includes ready light to signal when machine has warmed up
- Only for use with 120V~/60hz supply voltage, not for use with a power converter
- Includes 1-year limited warranty*
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy-to-Use Machine Produces High-Quality Lamination
Laminate important documents, recipe cards, name-tags, and more with the easy-to-use Scotch Thermal Laminator.
Scotch Thermal Laminator
Scotch Thermal Laminator TL901C-T will laminate items up to 9-inches wide. It features a two roller system that has two temperature settings. It can be used for photographs, documents, recipes and much more. This laminator will laminate items up to 5-mil thick, including popular 3-mil and 5-mil pouches. Businesses and families can always find a use for a laminator that is built with 3M quality and durable, intelligent construction. The Scotch TL901C-T laminating system laminates letter-size, legal-size, business-card size, photo-size and other papers up to 9-inches wide, your photographs and important documents along with dozens of other projects and crafts. Practical and fun, you can set it up anywhere and anytime. Protect your licenses, make luggage tags, preserve invitations, and create reusable menus, bookmarks, and gifts--you're limited only by your imagination.
Plus, the Scotch TL901C laminating system is portable and lightweight, taking up just 14-inches of your valuable desk surface. Includes a pouch release lever.
What's in the Box
Laminator, two letter-size 8.9-inch x 11.4-inch lamination pouches (3-mil thick), instructions, warranty information.
At a Glance:
- Warms up in under 4 minutes.
- Laminates 13.5 inches per minute.
- Two heat settings for 3 mil and 5 mil pouches.
- Ready light indicator glows when machine is ready.
- Pouch release lever clears misfeeds.
- Hidden cord storage makes it easy to carry and store.
Easy to Use
Just place your item in a laminating pouch, insert into the machine, and seal it! Two heat settings to laminate basic 3-mil and thicker 5-mil pouches. Touch panel includes a 'Power' and 'Ready' light to show when machine is on and ready to laminate.
Heats up in just 3-4 minutes. Includes 'Ready' light to signal when machine has warmed up. It also laminates quickly at 13.5-inches per minute. Use with a variety of thermal pouches, including letter size, legal size, photo size, business card size (max input 9-inches wide).
Designed for Convenience
Underside storage keeps cord neatly hidden when not in use. Designed to be lightweight and portable. Compact design is easy to transport and store.
Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouch Options
3 Mil Thick
For clear but durable two-sided protection. Available in letter-size 20, 50, 100 and 200-pouch packs as well as legal-size 20-pouch pack.
5 Mil Thick
For a thicker, more durable seal. Available in letter-size 50 and 100-pouch packs.
All Scotch Thermal Pouches are photo safe. Ideal pouches for photos available in 5 x 7-inch and 4 x 6-inch 20 and 100-pouch packs.
Other Various Sizes
Additional sizes available for various uses including business cards, ID badges (with or without clip), luggage tags and wallet size.
New slim design now warms up 2X faster! Ready in under 4 minutes and laminates one page per minute! For items up to 9 inches wide. Compact design is easy to carry and easy to store while providing the 3M quality you have come to expect from Scotch laminating products. Scotch Thermal Laminator protects documents you handle frequently. This thermal laminator provides a professional quality finish and protects items from damage. With a 3-4 minute warm up time, quick laminating speed, a compact design, it's great for projects in the home, school and office.
General Use Instructions:
Use 3 to 5 mil thick pouches. The laminator is designed to work with pouches that are a minimum of 3 mils (1 mil = .001 inches) and a maximum of 5 mils thick. Using pouches that are thinner or thicker may cause jamming or difference in quality (ex. Bubbling).
If white blotches appear or the laminated pouch appears hazy, send the item, sealed end first, through the laminator again.
Items must be laminated on both sides. One side lamination will cause the film to be rolled up inside the machine, making the laminating machine unusable. Never attempt to laminate with only one side of a laminating pouch.
DO NOT insert the open end of the pouch into the machine to prevent it from being rolled up into the machine.
DO NOT cut the pouch before laminating to prevent it from being rolled up into the machine.
Limited Warranty: This product will be free from defects in material and manufacture for a period of one year from the date of purchase. User is responsible for determining whether the product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s application. If this 3M product is defective within the warranty period stated above, your exclusive remedy and 3M’s sole obligation shall be, at 3M’s option, to replace or repair the 3M product or refund the purchase price of the 3M product. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or damage resulting from accident, misuse, alteration or lack of reasonable care.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which may vary from state to state, country to country.
Limitation of Liability, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from this 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability. Some state and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||True Great Deals||Amazon.com||MARIGOLD TECHNOLOGY INC|
|Item Dimensions||15.25 x 4.87 x 4.56 in||11.5 x 26.06 x 9.25 in||20.94 x 5.75 x 4.13 in||9.5 x 11.6 x 1.5 in||11.73 x 10.98 x 13.19 in||2.5 x 15.5 x 5.5 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Assuming you have not owned one before, here are some tips based on a lot of experience using laminators.
First off, as a professional photographer, I generally would not use the type of laminator sold on these pages. The best type is a design that uses two metal heating plates in which you sandwich your item between and press down until the item is laminated. That design works best because the entire item is under equal pressure over its entire surface which minimizes bubbles or uneven lamination. I’m telling you this because the principle behind the design of a flat table laminator contains a lot of the answers you need to help choose the right one for you.
Most laminators like this one (they are all surprisingly alike despite how they look or what they cost) start off by making a big point of how quickly they heat up. That is actually one of the LEAST important things you want to be looking for. They all heat up in a reasonable time, +/- 5 minutes. It is a rare person who uses a laminator in such a way that they start it, use it and then shut it off for an hour and come back and turn it on again. Most people either use it for a long stretch of time or only use it occasionally, and start-up time is meaningless for that majority of users.
What you DO want are (rated in order of importance):
1. A very smooth, even pressure across the entire surface of the item you are laminating. A fast speed is not a positive feature and can actually be a negative. The best laminators I have used will take about 20 seconds to laminate one standard sheet of paper
2. Temperature consistency. Once the light tells you it is ready to use the laminator needs to keep that temperature, not cycle off, cool down and then heat up again. Some models are much better than others in staying at a consistent temperature
3. A release lever/switch. Unfortunately once a laminator screws up your work there isn’t much you can do to save it. But a release switch can help you from making matters even worse. Not all laminators have one. I would not buy one without this feature
4. A two-level temperature switch for laminating both 3 mil and 5 mil sheets. Different brands of laminating stock require different temperatures and sometimes you will get better results using a different temperature, despite the thickness of the media. It’s good to have the option.
5. A horizontal front feed slot has worked for me better than one where you drop the item down into a slot. A horizontal slot helps me guide the media to help prevent bunching, when it feeds from the top (gravity feed) there is little you can do to guide it
Everyone has different needs but I do offer this word of advice from experience … it is best not to attempt to laminate something that is a one-of-a-kind heirloom or irreplaceable. Keep your original is a safe place and if you want to use, handle or display it make a good color photocopy and laminate it. Laminators are pretty good, as cheap as they are, but they have an unfortunate tendency to mess up at just the wrong time. Once the plastic gets melted to your original there is no saving it. So use a bit of caution.
Bottom line is that this Scotch laminator meets or exceeds all of the above. I would kind of expect that from a product with the Scotch name on it, especially compared to the many no-name products being sold. I can tell that there is at least some degree of precision in the design of the rollers because so far I have never had it grab my work and feed it off kilter like the other one I use. It is not intended for heavy office use but it feels like it is built good enough to be used by an average user on a daily basis. The cost is reasonable for what it offers and I am happy with it enough to rate it 5-stars.
1. Heat-up time. This thing is RAPID. Within 4 minutes, this thing was fired up and ready to go.
2. Size. This thing is about 60% the size of our previous laminator, yet still capable of working on 3- and 5-mm sheets.
3. Cable storage. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Scotch, for adding an area on the bottom side of the laminator that allows me to wrap up the cord and plug so I can conveniently store the laminator away when I'm not using it. Given its small profile, having cord storage is a huge bonus for me as I'm not laminating 24-7, so being able to store it with minimal space impact is a breeze.
It would have been nice to be able to have a feeder tray, but given the ease of its use and its numerous improvements, I can hardly fault it for lack of one. Honestly, you don't really need it. This is a great laminator. Nice job, Scotch!!
If you're laminating a single sheet of paper, you won't need this trick. However, I laminate multiple small sheets within one pouch and I find that the easiest way to do this without pieces falling out or slipping is to level out the front of the machine with books or a tray. I work directly on top of my laminating pouches box and carry it over to the machine like a tray.
I have accidentally ran two sheets of the 3mil film at once and was worried that my sheets would become crunched up, but both sheets came out surprisingly fine. However, I still don't recommend using this machine to preserve precious heirlooms, as there is always a possibility of the machine ruining it. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would buy this machine again if it ever broke.