Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 3, 2015
Here it is ! 3 coats, first time in snow. It works ok but some parts still stain.
make sure to do it in the bathroom or outdoor (from the bottle), the smell is unpleasant. It doesn't have smell after dry.
The color might be a little bit darker compared to uncoated. make sure you get the right distance and spray evenly.
Good luck!
review image
44 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 16, 2016
UPDATE: After two months, I noticed that my daughters boots have no salt stains on them, while my girlfriend's boots that weren't treated did have stains (see photo). Any marks also very easily come off just by dabbing with a damp paper towels. I am very satisfied with the protection that this spray offers.

I bought this product to weather proof the Bearclaw Emma Tall suede boots that I bought her for Christmas. My girlfriend was given a pair of black suede wedge heeled boots for Christmas. My son also received a pair of Eddie Bauer nubuck boots. With this single can I was able to thoroughly treat all three pairs of boots.

When I applied the scotch guard to the boots, I sprayed each pair with two moderate coats. I sprayed as directed from about 6" away, and in a manner to ensure that I had complete coverage. In order to get the best application do not spray outside. The slightest wind affects the spray, and prevents good application. This will waste some spray and require more for full application.

The directions state to check for color fastness in a concealed area, but the boots I was spraying did not have any such test area. The potential problem is not with the spray, but if used on suede or nubuck that is not dyed properly or cheaply, then it is likely to change color, or bleed.
review image
0Comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2017
Appears to work great. No staining, no discoloration. Shoes look great. Hope they are well-protected.
on February 8, 2016
I may have bought the wrong kind of product...it stained my Merrill shade shoe boots.
on January 8, 2018
Got it when i ordered my bearclaw boots- seems to work just fine after a few applications.
on March 29, 2017
It works. 4 stars for can size. Don't expect to do to do too many pairs, especially after 1st application.
on December 16, 2015
Works well. Did not stain. Only enough for a thorough single light coating of four boots.
on November 18, 2014
I sprayed this on my boots. So far I had no had the chance the test this under the rain (or snow), but I tried to splash water on it several times...the water went off just like that, so I have big hope for this in real situation.
on May 13, 2015
Good stuff for leather/suede/nubuck, an absolute must for your good suede/nubuck/leather shoes - does a great job of protecting & waterproofing!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.