Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 974 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,010 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Take back everything I said before. No water got through this stuff
on February 3, 2017
It is impossible to get full, even spray coverage with this product. It comes out in a narrow (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) stream, instead of a wide angle spray like the other brands I have used. This leaves only streaky partial coverage on the item, in this case suede booties, and requires a huge excess of product to get only this poor coverage. This may be on purpose by the manufacturer, or just a poor nozzle design. Yes, I followed all the instructions to the letter! But both cans were the same. One of the cans was only partially full, so I don't trust this vendor. If you still want to try it, plan on one can per pair of shoes, around $9.00. It is cheaper to have it done at the shoe repair shop.
on June 3, 2016
I purchased a very expensive pair of nu buck dove grey boots and wanted to scotch guard them. I was so very worried that the spray would darken the nu buck or change the texture. I did a spot test of the inside of the boot near the zipper and had a minor heart attack when the grey darkened into slate! Not to worry. Given ample drying time, the product dries and the nu buck was restored to its original color. I then applied the product to my boots - by the next morning, my boots had returned to their original color with no change to the texture of the nu buck. I applied a second coat with the same great results. This product is great!
on July 11, 2015
Bought this to waterproof a very expensive pair of suede boots last fall. I wanted to wear them to a fancy event, but it was outdoors and it was expected to rain.
This applied easily, and dried quickly (to the touch at least, I gave them a few days before wearing).
I went overboard and used the entire can- the tan suede boots didn't discolor at all.

Many months and wears later, the suede still looks brand new, and moisture hasn't effected their look at all.
This was great "insurance", for sure.
on September 1, 2016
I bought this spray for my Fiance's new suede Puma shoes that he had recently bought. I sort of have mixed feelings about the results. I did start by doing the spot test and saw no color bleeding so I proceeded to spray the first pair as instructed on the back of the can. I also did read that it said it may make your shoe "slightly" darker. After spraying his shoes I noticed that they did indeed look darker but I feel like it's a lot more than "slightly". They got really dark and they look as if they are still wet. I read some reviews that said after 24hrs the color returned light again but that's not the case here. The shoes don't look bad so to speak but I feel like the shoe looked better prior to applying this product....
on August 29, 2014
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS STUFF BEFORE, AFTER SEVERAL PURCHASES. GOT A NEW CAN TODAY AND TRIED IT ON A NEW PAIR OF SUEDE SHOES. CAN SPRAYED LIKE A HOSE STREAM, NOT AT ALL IN A SPRAY PATTERN. POSSIBLY RUINED NEW PAIR OF SUEDE SHOES WITH PROTECTANT STRIPES. WHEN REPLACEMENT CAN COMES, I WILL SEE IF I CAN EVEN THEM OUT. IF NOT, I WILL HAVE TO MAKE A CLAIM FOR SHOES TOO. LESSON, TEST BEFORE YOU USE. Received new can, no hassle. Checked Spray Patern before use and it was OK. One Glitch, although Amazon offered to reimburse me for 80% of the cost of the ruined shoes ( better than nothing), they sent me a return shipment label and, much to my dismay, there is nothing to Return. My Wife (for now), upon hearing the shoes were ruined, gleefully 'threw them away' down the garbage chute of a huge apartmennt building. She always feels that I have too many shoes for a 'straight' guy (she might be right). No Shoes, No Refund, No Nothing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 5, 2016
I bought this spray last year to protect my suede and nubuck boots, shoes, and a few other things. My can was one of those that seemed to spray in a stream rather than a mist but I ran the tip under hot water for a while and shook the can well and the stream wasn't so bad after that. It still wasn't a fine mist though.

Despite that. this Scotchguard protector did a good job on my items and was easy to use. The scent isn't great but not eye wateringly awful. I was so afraid it would stain my lighter colored boots but, even though they looked darker when I applied the protector, once dry, they were fine. No staining and no discoloration. It's time to use the spray again and, along with the Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner I bought, my boots and shoes will stay looking good through this winter as well.

The can changed a bit as far as design since when I bought it but it's the same stuff. It works well but I do wish it could make my items waterproof. It does help repel water but by no means does it waterproof my boots and shoes so I just stay away from puddles and weta areas if possible. Salt stains are greatly diminished though and we use salt here in New York very early in the year until spring so that is a major plus. I will buy more of this product when I run out.
on December 11, 2015
I'm very disappointed in this product. In order to spray a "cloud" or spray, I had to run the sprayer under hot water. Then I would get maybe 5 seconds of spray then it would turn into a stream again. One would think that they would use a decent grade of sprayer so that it would spray instead of stream. I used MOST of the can trying to get it to work. What I did get on the boot has probably now ruined it. Scotchguard used to be a brand to trust. I will never order this brand again. Waste of money imho.
on February 13, 2016
I used this to protect 3 pair of boots. One pair was faux leather and the other were a faux type of suede. It seems to do the job and I have plenty left to either re-apply if needed or to use on other footwear. I put cardboard down on the garage floor and sprayed them out there. There was a smell but it dissipated rather quickly. When they were dry I noticed no smell and they've been fine ever since in the house. So far the boots all look like new. I haven't trudged through mud or puddles with them but with everyday wear they look great. I would recommend this product.
on January 16, 2016
UPDATE: After two months, I noticed that my daughters boots have no salt stains on them, while my girlfriend's boots that weren't treated did have stains (see photo). Any marks also very easily come off just by dabbing with a damp paper towels. I am very satisfied with the protection that this spray offers.

I bought this product to weather proof the Bearclaw Emma Tall suede boots that I bought her for Christmas. My girlfriend was given a pair of black suede wedge heeled boots for Christmas. My son also received a pair of Eddie Bauer nubuck boots. With this single can I was able to thoroughly treat all three pairs of boots.

When I applied the scotch guard to the boots, I sprayed each pair with two moderate coats. I sprayed as directed from about 6" away, and in a manner to ensure that I had complete coverage. In order to get the best application do not spray outside. The slightest wind affects the spray, and prevents good application. This will waste some spray and require more for full application.

The directions state to check for color fastness in a concealed area, but the boots I was spraying did not have any such test area. The potential problem is not with the spray, but if used on suede or nubuck that is not dyed properly or cheaply, then it is likely to change color, or bleed.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.