Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 970 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,005 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Take back everything I said before. No water got through this stuff
review image
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2016
This stuff is AMAZING! Even though I put it on, I was still trying to be careful not to get my shoes wet. I accidentally stepped in a puddle that was way deeper than I thought, but while my sock and pant leg were both soaked, my shoe looked wet for a minute and then it was perfectly fine. This stuff is great!
on November 3, 2015
This works great on suede. However, be careful not to get this on smooth finished leather. It will dry the leather out and leave it looking chapped. I was cleaning up all my boots for the winter and was using this product on all of them. I have a bomber style pair of Uggs with smooth brown leather and this really dried them out and I was afraid I'd ruined them. I got some leather moisturizer and it brought them back to life. It pays to read the entire can. ;)
on October 27, 2014
The bottle sprays fine for me. Also didn't discolor my shoes. I have applied two coats and feel like I am only halfway thru the bottle. However, I have yet to wear them in the rain.

Quick Tip: When done using, hold the can upside down and spray it until only air comes out. This will clean the nozzle and keep it working as designed. This also works to keep spray paint nozzles clean.
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2017
It is impossible to get full, even spray coverage with this product. It comes out in a narrow (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) stream, instead of a wide angle spray like the other brands I have used. This leaves only streaky partial coverage on the item, in this case suede booties, and requires a huge excess of product to get only this poor coverage. This may be on purpose by the manufacturer, or just a poor nozzle design. Yes, I followed all the instructions to the letter! But both cans were the same. One of the cans was only partially full, so I don't trust this vendor. If you still want to try it, plan on one can per pair of shoes, around $9.00. It is cheaper to have it done at the shoe repair shop.
on June 3, 2016
I purchased a very expensive pair of nu buck dove grey boots and wanted to scotch guard them. I was so very worried that the spray would darken the nu buck or change the texture. I did a spot test of the inside of the boot near the zipper and had a minor heart attack when the grey darkened into slate! Not to worry. Given ample drying time, the product dries and the nu buck was restored to its original color. I then applied the product to my boots - by the next morning, my boots had returned to their original color with no change to the texture of the nu buck. I applied a second coat with the same great results. This product is great!
on July 11, 2015
Bought this to waterproof a very expensive pair of suede boots last fall. I wanted to wear them to a fancy event, but it was outdoors and it was expected to rain.
This applied easily, and dried quickly (to the touch at least, I gave them a few days before wearing).
I went overboard and used the entire can- the tan suede boots didn't discolor at all.

Many months and wears later, the suede still looks brand new, and moisture hasn't effected their look at all.
This was great "insurance", for sure.
on August 29, 2014
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS STUFF BEFORE, AFTER SEVERAL PURCHASES. GOT A NEW CAN TODAY AND TRIED IT ON A NEW PAIR OF SUEDE SHOES. CAN SPRAYED LIKE A HOSE STREAM, NOT AT ALL IN A SPRAY PATTERN. POSSIBLY RUINED NEW PAIR OF SUEDE SHOES WITH PROTECTANT STRIPES. WHEN REPLACEMENT CAN COMES, I WILL SEE IF I CAN EVEN THEM OUT. IF NOT, I WILL HAVE TO MAKE A CLAIM FOR SHOES TOO. LESSON, TEST BEFORE YOU USE. Received new can, no hassle. Checked Spray Patern before use and it was OK. One Glitch, although Amazon offered to reimburse me for 80% of the cost of the ruined shoes ( better than nothing), they sent me a return shipment label and, much to my dismay, there is nothing to Return. My Wife (for now), upon hearing the shoes were ruined, gleefully 'threw them away' down the garbage chute of a huge apartmennt building. She always feels that I have too many shoes for a 'straight' guy (she might be right). No Shoes, No Refund, No Nothing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 5, 2016
I bought this spray last year to protect my suede and nubuck boots, shoes, and a few other things. My can was one of those that seemed to spray in a stream rather than a mist but I ran the tip under hot water for a while and shook the can well and the stream wasn't so bad after that. It still wasn't a fine mist though.

Despite that. this Scotchguard protector did a good job on my items and was easy to use. The scent isn't great but not eye wateringly awful. I was so afraid it would stain my lighter colored boots but, even though they looked darker when I applied the protector, once dry, they were fine. No staining and no discoloration. It's time to use the spray again and, along with the Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner I bought, my boots and shoes will stay looking good through this winter as well.

The can changed a bit as far as design since when I bought it but it's the same stuff. It works well but I do wish it could make my items waterproof. It does help repel water but by no means does it waterproof my boots and shoes so I just stay away from puddles and weta areas if possible. Salt stains are greatly diminished though and we use salt here in New York very early in the year until spring so that is a major plus. I will buy more of this product when I run out.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.