Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3M Scotchgard Suede and Nubuck Protector, 7-Ounce
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size Name: Shoes|Change

on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
Here it is ! 3 coats, first time in snow. It works ok but some parts still stain.
make sure to do it in the bathroom or outdoor (from the bottle), the smell is unpleasant. It doesn't have smell after dry.
The color might be a little bit darker compared to uncoated. make sure you get the right distance and spray evenly.
Good luck!
review image review image
44 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
The bottle sprays fine for me. Also didn't discolor my shoes. I have applied two coats and feel like I am only halfway thru the bottle. However, I have yet to wear them in the rain.

Quick Tip: When done using, hold the can upside down and spray it until only air comes out. This will clean the nozzle and keep it working as designed. This also works to keep spray paint nozzles clean.
on January 20, 2013
This is a good brand of protectant spray. It has worked beautifully and fully covered 3 high boots and I still have some left. I'm buying more and there's no better endorsement than a repeat purchase.
on December 18, 2015
Just applied to my new uggs...I was also one of the lucky ones who got a bottle that doesn't mist but rather does a squirt/mist combo. Out of stupidity and curiosity, I decided to give it a try anyway. So far, so good. I have the dark chocolate Uggs so I wasn't too worried about the color changing since I prefer a darker color. After giving it a thorough mist/squirt, I rubbed it with the side of my finger to make sure there weren't any visible squirt marks. The material pretty much evened it out without me having smooth it out. Only giving 3 stars because this really should MIST and not spray like a firehouse. Worked for me on dark Uggs but be careful of any different colors/materials. Photo is of the Uggs drying about 10 mins post application.
review image
on January 20, 2013
I love using this spray on my purses and my Ugg boots. It dries really fast and doesn't stain. Use in a well vented area.
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2014
If you have invested in uggs or any other non water proof suede boots you better get this fast! I was scared to spray my light colored uggs so I did my light brown slippers first, and it is perfect, got darker when sprayed then dried perfect. So I did all our uggs from dark to light, even light pink ones and the only difference is u can poor water on them and it just beeds up and rolls off. Great product, will probably re do yearly just to be safe
on December 14, 2012
Worked right away and is keeping the new boots looking like new. I recommend this product for anyone purchasing this material.
on January 16, 2016
UPDATE: After two months, I noticed that my daughters boots have no salt stains on them, while my girlfriend's boots that weren't treated did have stains (see photo). Any marks also very easily come off just by dabbing with a damp paper towels. I am very satisfied with the protection that this spray offers.

I bought this product to weather proof the Bearclaw Emma Tall suede boots that I bought her for Christmas. My girlfriend was given a pair of black suede wedge heeled boots for Christmas. My son also received a pair of Eddie Bauer nubuck boots. With this single can I was able to thoroughly treat all three pairs of boots.

When I applied the scotch guard to the boots, I sprayed each pair with two moderate coats. I sprayed as directed from about 6" away, and in a manner to ensure that I had complete coverage. In order to get the best application do not spray outside. The slightest wind affects the spray, and prevents good application. This will waste some spray and require more for full application.

The directions state to check for color fastness in a concealed area, but the boots I was spraying did not have any such test area. The potential problem is not with the spray, but if used on suede or nubuck that is not dyed properly or cheaply, then it is likely to change color, or bleed.
review image
on August 3, 2014
So far so good. I just purchased some BearPaw boots (middle of summer, but want to make sure I can get my size!) and ordered some of this too. I sprayed my boots on a hot, sunny day. I did it in the grass. The boots dried quick with no color change. We will see how they hold up in the snow and salt come (dreaded) winter.