BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 23, 2016
Take back everything I said before. No water got through this stuff
review image
on March 19, 2015
This protector seems to do the job so far for my suede shoes and boots. One canister covered 4 pairs of booties/shoes and 1 knee-high pair of boots with 2 coats each. One note--on my first use of the spray, the initial 10 seconds of spraying was more of a liquid "squirt" than a spray, so I'd recommend pointing away from your suede when you use the product for the first time. Even though I did hit my shoes with the "squirt," it didn't leave any marks on my shoes. I just came back and bought more!
on March 3, 2015
Here it is ! 3 coats, first time in snow. It works ok but some parts still stain.
make sure to do it in the bathroom or outdoor (from the bottle), the smell is unpleasant. It doesn't have smell after dry.
The color might be a little bit darker compared to uncoated. make sure you get the right distance and spray evenly.
Good luck!
review image review image
44 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2016
Got this to coat my hiking shoes for the summer.
I wear suede look leather hiking shoes.
SO far covered mid-high hiking shoes 3 times and there is enough left for a couple more coatings at least.
Initially the color did get darker (same as when they are wet) but when they dried the returned to original color, feel and look.
What I received is the 7 oz aerosol spray can.
It coats fairly evenly at the 6" distance. It did not have as strong a smell as I expected but I did do it out on the porch on cardboard to avoid the over spray aerosol spray cans cause.
Have not gotten to really test the water resistant part yet - hopefully wont any time soon! --- Girlfriend laughs loudly!
Will update after a good dunking or two if my experience is not at least 4 stars.
on January 23, 2015
I don't know if my can was defective or if this is the way it normally comes out of the can, but the spray was not a fine mist, it was more like a stream and soaked my suede boots when I sprayed it on them. The finished result was satisfactory but it was difficult to get even, proper coverage and I worried my new boots would be stained.
on January 4, 2015
I used this on a pair of suede New Balance sneakers and would highly recommend it. The product sprays easily and goes on evenly. There is no strong smell. The shoes I treated are a light gray color and the spray turned them slightly darker, but the color change was even over the entire shoe and was very subtle- it made no difference to me but is something you may want to consider. I've worn the sneaker through a few light rains and they've held up very well, no water marks thanks to this product.
on May 19, 2016
This does work well as a protective agent for my suede and nubuck shoes and boots. I follow the directions and spray
two light coats (allowing time to dry in between) . The only reason for the four stars is that it does darken the lighter colors, not a huge deal, but I do notice it. Also, it does have a heavy chemical when you spray, which disappears when dry, so I always apply outdoors.
on January 29, 2014
I used these to protect my nubuck Clarks Desert Boots. I gave them two liberal coats. The first sprayed very evenly, but I had a bit of trouble on the second go-round. I think that the nozzle became a bit clogged with dry product after sitting up for a couple hours. The tip of a sewing needle would have probably remedied this. Also, make sure to spray this outside and over some garbage bags or a tarp. Otherwise, the overspray will scotchgard everything in its wake and possibly give you a headache. So far, it has offered great protection for my shoes and the clear coat did not adversely affect the color or finish of my shoes.
on May 2, 2017
received with broken sprayer. I tried to re-attach, but the spray is now a stream. This makes it difficult to use when waterproofing boots.

I suggest purchasing direct from your local retain store, as I think the problem probably happened during shipping.
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.