Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2015
Here it is ! 3 coats, first time in snow. It works ok but some parts still stain.
make sure to do it in the bathroom or outdoor (from the bottle), the smell is unpleasant. It doesn't have smell after dry.
The color might be a little bit darker compared to uncoated. make sure you get the right distance and spray evenly.
Good luck!
review image
44 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
I used this on a pair of suede New Balance sneakers and would highly recommend it. The product sprays easily and goes on evenly. There is no strong smell. The shoes I treated are a light gray color and the spray turned them slightly darker, but the color change was even over the entire shoe and was very subtle- it made no difference to me but is something you may want to consider. I've worn the sneaker through a few light rains and they've held up very well, no water marks thanks to this product.
on January 29, 2014
I used these to protect my nubuck Clarks Desert Boots. I gave them two liberal coats. The first sprayed very evenly, but I had a bit of trouble on the second go-round. I think that the nozzle became a bit clogged with dry product after sitting up for a couple hours. The tip of a sewing needle would have probably remedied this. Also, make sure to spray this outside and over some garbage bags or a tarp. Otherwise, the overspray will scotchgard everything in its wake and possibly give you a headache. So far, it has offered great protection for my shoes and the clear coat did not adversely affect the color or finish of my shoes.
on February 29, 2016
The nozzle on this is really bad. It doesn't come out in a fine spray more light small/medium drops so it is hard to get even coverage. I ended up buying another one from a local store after using this on 1 pair of shoes. Maybe mine was just defective but the new one was cheaper and worked better.
on February 11, 2017
Probably a bad can...but it sprayed in a stream which is not practical and makes you use a ton more. I barely got two pairs of Uggs done!
on May 16, 2014
After reading some of the reviews here, I worried about trying Scotchgard Leather Protector.

I'm happy to report that I had no problem with the application on my new, nubuck shoes (never worn). The spray went on evenly and dried without a trace. I applied two coats, allowing time to dry between coats.

Perhaps this product has been improved?

I used the spray outside and was fine with the odor. I wouldn't want to use the spray inside, however, as the scent can indeed be strong.

I've yet to wear my newly-sprayed shoes in the rain, so this review is strictly about the product application for now.
on December 10, 2016
This is going to sound weird but I love the way this thing sprays! It's so smooth and calming. Try it and I think you'll see what I mean. I just sprayed my suede booties so I haven't necessarily traversed the elements yet but am confident when the time comes this scotchgard will keep my shoes looking like new. If I find otherwise, I'll definitely update my review!
on August 26, 2014
Does the job well. I have been able to spray 3 pairs of shoes already and think I have enough to spray another 2-3. I, like other reviewers, also had an issue with the spray tip shooting the protector in a single stream. However, after the first 2 uses the tip seemed to open more and the spray became wider. It's clearly an issue with the design of the spray tip, but something you can learn to live with.

The smell is a bit awkward vis-a-vis other Suede protectors. This brand has a slight bleachy smell to it, but it goes away after the product has completely absorbed and dried.
on January 4, 2017
Great product! I got this for some suede boots that I had bought and I have to say this stuff works! I applied two coats to my boots and I just took them out in the snow a couple weeks ago and my shoes came back looking fresh, clean, and DRY. No complaints here will use on any future suede shoe purchases.
on October 6, 2016
Can't use it. When I did a test patch the dye from my suede boots rubbed off.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.