Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 16, 2016
UPDATE: After two months, I noticed that my daughters boots have no salt stains on them, while my girlfriend's boots that weren't treated did have stains (see photo). Any marks also very easily come off just by dabbing with a damp paper towels. I am very satisfied with the protection that this spray offers.

I bought this product to weather proof the Bearclaw Emma Tall suede boots that I bought her for Christmas. My girlfriend was given a pair of black suede wedge heeled boots for Christmas. My son also received a pair of Eddie Bauer nubuck boots. With this single can I was able to thoroughly treat all three pairs of boots.

When I applied the scotch guard to the boots, I sprayed each pair with two moderate coats. I sprayed as directed from about 6" away, and in a manner to ensure that I had complete coverage. In order to get the best application do not spray outside. The slightest wind affects the spray, and prevents good application. This will waste some spray and require more for full application.

The directions state to check for color fastness in a concealed area, but the boots I was spraying did not have any such test area. The potential problem is not with the spray, but if used on suede or nubuck that is not dyed properly or cheaply, then it is likely to change color, or bleed.
review image
0Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 266 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 21, 2016
This stuff is AMAZING! Even though I put it on, I was still trying to be careful not to get my shoes wet. I accidentally stepped in a puddle that was way deeper than I thought, but while my sock and pant leg were both soaked, my shoe looked wet for a minute and then it was perfectly fine. This stuff is great!
on November 3, 2015
This works great on suede. However, be careful not to get this on smooth finished leather. It will dry the leather out and leave it looking chapped. I was cleaning up all my boots for the winter and was using this product on all of them. I have a bomber style pair of Uggs with smooth brown leather and this really dried them out and I was afraid I'd ruined them. I got some leather moisturizer and it brought them back to life. It pays to read the entire can. ;)
on October 27, 2014
The bottle sprays fine for me. Also didn't discolor my shoes. I have applied two coats and feel like I am only halfway thru the bottle. However, I have yet to wear them in the rain.

Quick Tip: When done using, hold the can upside down and spray it until only air comes out. This will clean the nozzle and keep it working as designed. This also works to keep spray paint nozzles clean.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2015
Here it is ! 3 coats, first time in snow. It works ok but some parts still stain.
make sure to do it in the bathroom or outdoor (from the bottle), the smell is unpleasant. It doesn't have smell after dry.
The color might be a little bit darker compared to uncoated. make sure you get the right distance and spray evenly.
Good luck!
review image
44 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 1, 2017
Leaving one star so this is easier to find and honestly shouldn’t be an issue. Tough review because it works great, so long as you remove the plastic tip and run hot water to clean in out before using. The first one I purchased I thought was defective because it came out like a jet spray. I’ve used products like this in the past and knew it should have been more like a mist. After they sent me a new one (free of charge without returning defective one, which was nice) the second did the exact same thing. I ventured into the reviews and FAQ section only to find other buyers have already mentioned this issue. So long as you run hot water through the plastic tip it works great but hopefully others will read this before use.
on September 1, 2016
I bought this spray for my Fiance's new suede Puma shoes that he had recently bought. I sort of have mixed feelings about the results. I did start by doing the spot test and saw no color bleeding so I proceeded to spray the first pair as instructed on the back of the can. I also did read that it said it may make your shoe "slightly" darker. After spraying his shoes I noticed that they did indeed look darker but I feel like it's a lot more than "slightly". They got really dark and they look as if they are still wet. I read some reviews that said after 24hrs the color returned light again but that's not the case here. The shoes don't look bad so to speak but I feel like the shoe looked better prior to applying this product....
on December 16, 2017
 I like! Also I sprayed outside of my home 1 coat each 30 minutes apart for the second coat
But I didn't wear them till the next day at the park playing with pups / the picture is after I got back inside...

Waiting for my bf to wear his but...he's scared it maybe not work 🤔 But his are blue / mine are chestnut 😂
on February 13, 2016
I used this to protect 3 pair of boots. One pair was faux leather and the other were a faux type of suede. It seems to do the job and I have plenty left to either re-apply if needed or to use on other footwear. I put cardboard down on the garage floor and sprayed them out there. There was a smell but it dissipated rather quickly. When they were dry I noticed no smell and they've been fine ever since in the house. So far the boots all look like new. I haven't trudged through mud or puddles with them but with everyday wear they look great. I would recommend this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.