Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 985 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,022 reviews
on March 19, 2015
This protector seems to do the job so far for my suede shoes and boots. One canister covered 4 pairs of booties/shoes and 1 knee-high pair of boots with 2 coats each. One note--on my first use of the spray, the initial 10 seconds of spraying was more of a liquid "squirt" than a spray, so I'd recommend pointing away from your suede when you use the product for the first time. Even though I did hit my shoes with the "squirt," it didn't leave any marks on my shoes. I just came back and bought more!
on April 17, 2016
Got this to coat my hiking shoes for the summer.
I wear suede look leather hiking shoes.
SO far covered mid-high hiking shoes 3 times and there is enough left for a couple more coatings at least.
Initially the color did get darker (same as when they are wet) but when they dried the returned to original color, feel and look.
What I received is the 7 oz aerosol spray can.
It coats fairly evenly at the 6" distance. It did not have as strong a smell as I expected but I did do it out on the porch on cardboard to avoid the over spray aerosol spray cans cause.
Have not gotten to really test the water resistant part yet - hopefully wont any time soon! --- Girlfriend laughs loudly!
Will update after a good dunking or two if my experience is not at least 4 stars.
on January 23, 2015
I don't know if my can was defective or if this is the way it normally comes out of the can, but the spray was not a fine mist, it was more like a stream and soaked my suede boots when I sprayed it on them. The finished result was satisfactory but it was difficult to get even, proper coverage and I worried my new boots would be stained.
on January 4, 2015
I used this on a pair of suede New Balance sneakers and would highly recommend it. The product sprays easily and goes on evenly. There is no strong smell. The shoes I treated are a light gray color and the spray turned them slightly darker, but the color change was even over the entire shoe and was very subtle- it made no difference to me but is something you may want to consider. I've worn the sneaker through a few light rains and they've held up very well, no water marks thanks to this product.
on May 19, 2016
This does work well as a protective agent for my suede and nubuck shoes and boots. I follow the directions and spray
two light coats (allowing time to dry in between) . The only reason for the four stars is that it does darken the lighter colors, not a huge deal, but I do notice it. Also, it does have a heavy chemical when you spray, which disappears when dry, so I always apply outdoors.
on May 27, 2015
Writing this review as a word of caution to anyone considering purchasing this for nubuck shoes:

I purchased this product as a protectant for several of my pairs of basketball sneakers, which are made of nubuck. According to the can's instructions, I sprayed a small amount of the product on an inconspicuous area of the sneakers in order to check for colorfastness in the material. In all of the multiple different pairs of sneakers I tested in this manner, the Scotchgard spray caused the color to bleed out of the material, and thus could not be safely used without damaging the shoes (as per the can's instructions).

Additionally, the small areas which I sprayed the material now look different than the rest of the shoe, clearly indicating that this product caused some sort of damage to the colored nubuck material commonly found in sneakers (thankfully, I read the instructions, and so each pair of shoes is not ruined; if someone were to omit reading these instructions, they could easily mess up a perfectly good pair of sneakers).

What is the point of a protectant material SPECIFICALLY designed for nubuck shoes, if it cannot safely be used on said shoes without damaging them?
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2016
Got this to add to my boots that I will be taking on a trip with me to Wisconsin.
I read the other reviews about it not spraying correctly and I have to agree. It shoots out as a garbled up kind of stream (mix between a fan spray and straight stream) so you have to spray it a little further from the boot so that you aren't over spraying or getting lines in the material.
Other than that it's a great buy to add some extra protection to your winter boots!
on December 16, 2015
Product is not good. The spray can does not really come out as a spray mist but small drops instead. As it dries, it will leave a water mark ring on your shoes. I will return the product.
on November 28, 2015
worked great, enough to do two pairs at least. I read several other reviews and thought it was worth to spend the investment to protect the shoes and prolong the life of them. I would recommend to do outside, as I sprayed two pairs of boots in our garage, and the STRONG odor lingered in the garage for about two days!

As a buyer I often rely on the reviews of other buyers when making my purchases. So I always try to give my honest, unbiased opinion.

If this review was helpful to you please press YES in the link below.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.