Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size Name: 7-Ounce|Change

Showing 1-10 of 912 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 945 reviews
on October 27, 2014
The bottle sprays fine for me. Also didn't discolor my shoes. I have applied two coats and feel like I am only halfway thru the bottle. However, I have yet to wear them in the rain.

Quick Tip: When done using, hold the can upside down and spray it until only air comes out. This will clean the nozzle and keep it working as designed. This also works to keep spray paint nozzles clean.
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 5, 2016
I bought this spray last year to protect my suede and nubuck boots, shoes, and a few other things. My can was one of those that seemed to spray in a stream rather than a mist but I ran the tip under hot water for a while and shook the can well and the stream wasn't so bad after that. It still wasn't a fine mist though.

Despite that. this Scotchguard protector did a good job on my items and was easy to use. The scent isn't great but not eye wateringly awful. I was so afraid it would stain my lighter colored boots but, even though they looked darker when I applied the protector, once dry, they were fine. No staining and no discoloration. It's time to use the spray again and, along with the Shacke Suede & Nubuck 4-Way Leather Brush Cleaner I bought, my boots and shoes will stay looking good through this winter as well.

The can changed a bit as far as design since when I bought it but it's the same stuff. It works well but I do wish it could make my items waterproof. It does help repel water but by no means does it waterproof my boots and shoes so I just stay away from puddles and weta areas if possible. Salt stains are greatly diminished though and we use salt here in New York very early in the year until spring so that is a major plus. I will buy more of this product when I run out.
review image
on January 20, 2013
This is a good brand of protectant spray. It has worked beautifully and fully covered 3 high boots and I still have some left. I'm buying more and there's no better endorsement than a repeat purchase.
on November 3, 2015
This works great on suede. However, be careful not to get this on smooth finished leather. It will dry the leather out and leave it looking chapped. I was cleaning up all my boots for the winter and was using this product on all of them. I have a bomber style pair of Uggs with smooth brown leather and this really dried them out and I was afraid I'd ruined them. I got some leather moisturizer and it brought them back to life. It pays to read the entire can. ;)
on November 12, 2016
This product didn't work on my brand new boots and ended up ruining them. After letting them dry some more, they are even more destroyed than I originally thought. I'm very upset about this as I really loved these new boots, I've worn them once, and now I need to throw them out. Others have written that they got one that sprays in a direct line rather than a mist; I got a straight line bottle. I would not recommend buying this and risking it. I also wrote Scotchgard to refund my boots and they put me through a lot of rigamarole...not worth it.
on November 21, 2016
This stuff is AMAZING! Even though I put it on, I was still trying to be careful not to get my shoes wet. I accidentally stepped in a puddle that was way deeper than I thought, but while my sock and pant leg were both soaked, my shoe looked wet for a minute and then it was perfectly fine. This stuff is great!
on October 23, 2016
Take back everything I said before. No water got through this stuff
review image
on February 9, 2016
But a brand-new pair of medium brown UGGs three button Bailey's sprayed a very inconspicuous part of the boat with this product and it turned it dark brown and when it dried it did not change back to them light medium brown that the boot was purchased there.! Very disappointed and very happy I did not spray the whole boot! I'm disappointed that I threw away the can I should've returned it! What I did the news was 303 fabric guard trigger spray 32 ounce (39606) has a beautiful nice mist spray I sprayed the whole boot let it dry for 24 hours sprayed the whole boot again and my boat is the beautiful color that I purchased it is without any darkening. The nap as beautiful as I move my hand over it it has not change the nap at all great product! The 303 fabric guard! Do not use the Scotchgard suede and nubuck it is expensive and I don't think it would do a whole pair of boots! The spray does not spray it comes out in a stream! I do not recommend it whatsoever. The only boot I Think it might work and is something like black or dark brown where it wouldn't bother it if it were to darken the color however like I said it is expensive and would not be suitable to cover a whole pair of tall boots and it comes out in a stream and not a nice find spray like the 303 and for just about the same price I got 32 ounces of the 303 fabric guard !!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 29, 2015
Bought this last winter to spray some suede boots... a tiny bit fumey.. so sprayed them outside and let them dry before I brought them in. The spray was easy to use and went a long way.. did two pair of boots and still have some left. One pair I wore outside a lot last winter. for we had bitter cold weather and much snowfall.. The boots that I wore around the yard and for snow removal still look like new.. no stains on them from melting snow and it remained dry inside the boot which is more inmportant than any stains... I liked the product and will buy it again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.