Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scotchgard Sude & Nubuck Protector, 1 Can, 7-Ounce
Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Size Name: 7-Ounce|Change

Showing 1-10 of 846 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 27, 2013
Just a heads up, if you are spraying your leather item outside, I would suggest using some cardboard or a tarp to prevent over-spray. As a testament to staying power, my wife sprayed a pair of shoes with this about six months ago, when it rains the water-proofed outline of her shoes shows up on our deck as the wood doesn't absorb water and change color in those places.
22 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
The bottle sprays fine for me. Also didn't discolor my shoes. I have applied two coats and feel like I am only halfway thru the bottle. However, I have yet to wear them in the rain.

Quick Tip: When done using, hold the can upside down and spray it until only air comes out. This will clean the nozzle and keep it working as designed. This also works to keep spray paint nozzles clean.
on January 20, 2013
This is a good brand of protectant spray. It has worked beautifully and fully covered 3 high boots and I still have some left. I'm buying more and there's no better endorsement than a repeat purchase.
on January 20, 2013
I love using this spray on my purses and my Ugg boots. It dries really fast and doesn't stain. Use in a well vented area.
44 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2012
Worked right away and is keeping the new boots looking like new. I recommend this product for anyone purchasing this material.
on February 2, 2014
If you have invested in uggs or any other non water proof suede boots you better get this fast! I was scared to spray my light colored uggs so I did my light brown slippers first, and it is perfect, got darker when sprayed then dried perfect. So I did all our uggs from dark to light, even light pink ones and the only difference is u can poor water on them and it just beeds up and rolls off. Great product, will probably re do yearly just to be safe
on December 18, 2015
Just applied to my new uggs...I was also one of the lucky ones who got a bottle that doesn't mist but rather does a squirt/mist combo. Out of stupidity and curiosity, I decided to give it a try anyway. So far, so good. I have the dark chocolate Uggs so I wasn't too worried about the color changing since I prefer a darker color. After giving it a thorough mist/squirt, I rubbed it with the side of my finger to make sure there weren't any visible squirt marks. The material pretty much evened it out without me having smooth it out. Only giving 3 stars because this really should MIST and not spray like a firehouse. Worked for me on dark Uggs but be careful of any different colors/materials. Photo is of the Uggs drying about 10 mins post application.
review image
on January 16, 2016
UPDATE: After two months, I noticed that my daughters boots have no salt stains on them, while my girlfriend's boots that weren't treated did have stains (see photo). Any marks also very easily come off just by dabbing with a damp paper towels. I am very satisfied with the protection that this spray offers.

I bought this product to weather proof the Bearclaw Emma Tall suede boots that I bought her for Christmas. My girlfriend was given a pair of black suede wedge heeled boots for Christmas. My son also received a pair of Eddie Bauer nubuck boots. With this single can I was able to thoroughly treat all three pairs of boots.

When I applied the scotch guard to the boots, I sprayed each pair with two moderate coats. I sprayed as directed from about 6" away, and in a manner to ensure that I had complete coverage. In order to get the best application do not spray outside. The slightest wind affects the spray, and prevents good application. This will waste some spray and require more for full application.

The directions state to check for color fastness in a concealed area, but the boots I was spraying did not have any such test area. The potential problem is not with the spray, but if used on suede or nubuck that is not dyed properly or cheaply, then it is likely to change color, or bleed.
review image
on November 3, 2015
This works great on suede. However, be careful not to get this on smooth finished leather. It will dry the leather out and leave it looking chapped. I was cleaning up all my boots for the winter and was using this product on all of them. I have a bomber style pair of Uggs with smooth brown leather and this really dried them out and I was afraid I'd ruined them. I got some leather moisturizer and it brought them back to life. It pays to read the entire can. ;)
on December 5, 2015
I did the recommended colorfast test on two pairs of shoes. Color came off on the white cloth both times. Very frustrating! Besides not being able to use this spray to protect my shoes, now I have a faded spot on my brand new suede boots (the most expensive shoes I've ever bought). Some reviews say they've used and liked this product. If you choose to buy Scotchgard Suede and Nubuck Protector, I warn you to make sure you test it before spraying a pair of shoes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.