Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 21, 2016
These may be some of the best comics I've ever read. I'm a beginning comic enthusiast and have read many of the big names out there. I've never read a better light-hearted comic than Scott Pilgrim, period. The characters are great, the drama is real, and the humor is top notch. I laugh out loud, I feel for the characters, I want to binge read the whole damn box set every time I sit down and crack open a book. There's also a LOT of content here. For the $40ish it cost me, I don't think I've ever gotten a better value page for dollar. Plus it's freaking Scott Pilgrim on top of that. Buy it, read it, read it again. O'Malley is a literal genius in this work and you should see why.
7 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2014
The story of a mid 20's slacker as he develops a relationship with a girl while battling her ex's. As the story progresses both him and the people around him will change with their experiences while looking back on their pasts as well. This story does a great job of building its cast of characters and certainly doesn't present any of them as perfect. The evil ex's themselves don't necessarily seem to be painted as all that bad (not all of them anyway). If there is one area i'm still iffy on, its the main character himself. I'm lazy and even I find him a bit unlikable in how little responsibility he takes but don't mistake that for me finding the character non genuine.

A quick word on the differences from book to movie. The movie did a good job husking all the best funny moments from the book and condensing them all in a much tighter movie. The book takes place over a much longer period of time which gives the characters time to develop and does a much better job showing why the relationship is worth fighting for.

If you haven't seen the movie I would do that first. Its not a matter of one being better than the other. I just think that if you read the graphic novels fist there's a lot missing from the movie and it may be less enjoyable. If you go movie first you get the fun romp version of it, then can go to the books for the expanded story.
8 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I had a lot of fun reading this series. As a child of the 80's and teen of the 90's, the references to games and pop culture from those eras was greatly appreciated. It kind of comes out of no where and is this unique little gem of a story, with flawed but fantastic characters. Maybe not for everyone, but definitely something I enjoyed. Now if I could just get my copy of it back from my friend that's "gonna read it when I find some time," 2 years later....
3 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2017
The entire series in a collectible sleeve with a special poster as well? This is absolutely perfect for any Scott pilgrim fan. And let's be honest, Scott Pilgrim is a cult classic, so if you're a fan then you're a FAN, meaning this is perfect for you. I absolutely love this purchase and this series. I also got a Knives Chau Funko (Knives forever), and the special limited edition steelbook blue-ray, so this rounds off the collection very nicely.
on December 2, 2013
I write this having just finished the sixth and final Scott Pilgrim book, so everything is still fresh in my mind.
My first impression of Scott was rather negative: a rather strange 23 year old that had virtually no future, his only occupation being that he's in a band (which kind of sucks). To my surprise, he started to grow on me, his complete social ineptitude becoming hilarious. The people surrounding him are just as good, their various relationships with Scott providing a ton of depth for the story (even as a hardened novel reader, I really had to try to keep up with some parts). O'Malley also did well creating characters that were downright hatable, which lends much more depth to an already large cast list.

The story itself goes much deeper than the moderately goofy premise: Scott must win the right to date a girl named Ramona Flowers by defeating her seven evil ex-boyfriends. If this was all that happened, the books would be rather dull, honestly, but Scott's shenanigans between fights are what adds meat to the books. The dialogue is hysterical, Scott's never-ending banter with his opponents and friends alike keeps the story fresh and exciting overall.

When I finished the first book, I tried to restrain myself, to keep them around longer, but I failed. I finished the entire series far too quickly, the last book deftly tying up many loose ends, relationships, and seemingly overlooked plot points in one fell swoop. If I have a single gripe about this series, I would want it to be longer.

So go. If you're on the fence about reading these, I'm pushing you off -- in the direction of Scott Pilgrim's Precious little Boxset.

Oh, the included poster and the box itself are works of art.
7 people found this helpful
on March 17, 2011
La saga de SCOTT PLIGRIM es una de las mas refrescantes de lo que va el siglo 21. Con un dibujo a medio camino entre manga y underground, mas situado al cartoon clasico o al aspecto de personajes de video juegos de los 80s, junto con una trama sencilla, llena de diálogos divertidos y "reales", nos presenta a este muchachito de 20 y pocos años, que lleva una vida feliz y a la vez standart. Las cosas se complican cuando aparece primero en sus sueños y luego en la realidad, la patinadora misteriosa Ramona Flowers, de quien se enamora al segundo. Claro, ella es sinónimo de complicaciones, pues el buen Scott tiene que enfrentarse por turnos a los siete ex novios malvados de la chica. Este comic va mas allá de esta premisa básica, pues es un continuo despliego de situaciones vitales y divertidas, con una sensación de sentirse bien a lo largo de todos los episodios. Una historia moderna para gente moderna, sin complicaciones ni traumas existenciales. Este box set contiene los seis tomos originales de la saga sin nada adicional en ellos, y vienen en una linda caja impresa y de bonus, un poster plegado original con los personajes. La historia de Scott Pilgrim es irrestrictamente para todos los publicos de cualquier sexo y edad. Todos encontrarán algo que les encantará.
on June 20, 2016
Love these books, and the price is reasonable enough for what you get. I should have read that it said they were in black and white. But, that's not really the sellers fault that's more my fault... Paperback is crap but, all paperbacks are crap so what did I expect. If you treat these good they'll stay in good quality, but if try to leave the house with one of these good luck. Overall, I was glad I got these, and I had a lot of fun reading them. A-
on February 5, 2011
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Boxset is the full collection of the series put inside a nifty little box.

The pixel art of about every character on the box is probably the most noteworthy feature of the box its self. Having been following the artist that created that prior to his work on this set (as well as the Scott Pilgrim game for XBLA/PSN) it's quite satisfying to be able to see his work on something else.

Along with the 6 books there's also a poster tossed in there for good measure which is a great addition if you like putting posters up around your room. I'm not a fan of it but I'm tempted to do so with this one.

As per the books, fabulous. While the first books ending seems to switch theme drastically to the point of making me confused it wasn't really a hampering point. The art style is perfect, the humor and writing is very impressive, and I highly suggest the story to anyone that's remotely interested.
on January 15, 2017
I read through this series when I was younger and I was dying to read through it again. This box set is excellent! It includes all of the graphic novels as expected and an awesome poster. I highly recommend the Scott Pilgrims series to any graphic novel fan. They are hilarious, quirky, action-packed reads, and I constantly find myself coming back to them!
on February 1, 2011
I never knew about the graphic novels till I watched the movie and loved it. So I was delighted to try and hunt down the books and do some more research, after missing a chance to pre order and looking towards major bookstores only to find out they were selling the collection for 74 dollars I came here and made an account as well as my first amazon purchase. =) Sorry for bouncing around so much haha. So I will have to say I love this series as well, it fills in the gaps that are within the movie that may make some people say eh? It fleshes out the chara. and makes you enjoy them so much more. Of course there are critics/purists that will dislike the movie and vice versa. Both are well done also check out the psn/live game, the books definitely help with some levels where you say who is that in the BG or why the heck is everyone dead at the beginning of the Crash and the Boys set. Now for people who haven't watched the movie at all maybe this is a "whats all the craze about this book" type of deal, I suggest get the first book and read it first so you can feel what humor you're going to get because most people didn't really get much of the gamer geeky type of jokes.
Any case this is a great series for video game fans as well as geeks who could see themselves in the chara and as well as the movie goers who loved the movie, just a reminder these were made first so the Seq. of the events are different which I don't mind at all. Well THANK YOU for reading this review. Get this set before it becomes like the Mario Collection for the Wii and disappears =)
3 people found this helpful