Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Lawn & Garden Extended Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone.
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item.
- Zero deductible.
- Day-one coverage includes power surges.Full refund within the first 30 days if you're not satisfied; Fully transferable, cancel anytime.
- Products used for commercial or business purposes are excluded
Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.73 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features Scotts exclusive Edge Guard and Handy Lock Technologies
- Year-round spreader - Feed, Seed, Weed, Melt
- Holds up to 2,500 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn care products
- Battery-powered 5 ft. broadcast spreader
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Be sure to know the size of your lawn and grass type before you begin. Read and follow all directions for use on the label of the product that you are buying.
Designed to hold enough product to cover 2,500 sq. ft. Be sure not to overfill or over-apply.
Turn the orange dial to the correct setting which can be found in the Settings section of the label. Also, turn the EdgeGuard on to protect non-lawn areas.
Begin walking and pull trigger to apply product. Be sure to walk at a steady pace of 4 ft. per second. See the How to Apply section of the label for more details.
Compare with similar items
Scotts Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
Scotts Easy Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
Precision Products HHBS-125 Handheld Broadcast Spreader
Chapin 84150A 1.5-Liter All Season Poly Hand Crank Spreader For Seeds, Fertilizer, Salt and Ice Melt
HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Stock Your Home||Amazon.com||Jamlyn-Supply||Avalanche Brands|
|Item Dimensions||23.25 x 7.75 x 19.25 in||23.25 x 19.25 x 7.75 in||10 x 7.75 x 8.38 in||11 x 9 x 9 in||22.2 x 22.2 x 15 in||9.53 x 8.27 x 8.98 in|
Introducing the new, battery-powered spreader! The Scotts Wiz Spreader is the quick and easy option when it comes to spreading. The Wiz holds up to 2,500 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn care products and features Scotts exclusive Edge Guard and Handy Lock Technology. Use it year round to feed, seed, weed and melt! Scotts Wiz Hand-Held Spreader.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't know how long the batteries will last. I did about 3000 square feet. Seemed just as strong finishing as starting. I removed a batteries until next use. You can control the width of the path and the amount distributed.
I am happy to report that this spreader works just as well on grass seed. It was a breeze to spread seed in my backyard and did a nice even job!
The battery-operated nature is far superior to "hand crank" spreaders as it does not require both hands. One subtle benefit is that one can hold it in either hand while spreading, not generally possible with most crank spreaders. I am not sure how long the batteries would last but it worked fine for my needs.
It has the "edge guard" feature, a simple lever which works to block seed from spreading out to the left side (meaning you need to walk clockwise around the perimeter of your lawn).
One note on the batteries: It seems to take 3 AA batteries, which seemed not to be indicated in any of the specs or listings on Amazon or even on the Scotts website. (This would seem a nice thing to include). I was, however, pleasantly surprised to find the batteries included and already installed in the product (with one of those "pull here" paper isolator things to prevent accidental turning on while shipping.
You do have to jiggle it back and forth a bit as the seed begins to deplete so that the remainder falls into the feed hole (perhaps a more "conical" design wouldn't need to do this, although that would presumably limit the capacity of the hopper or make the device unwieldy), but that's minor and not unheard of with these types of devices.
The device comes almost ready to use (need to remove the battery isolator, mentioned above), with a promotional sticker applied to one side. I foolishly ripped this off (thinking it was just one of those glossy sales stickers) before noting it had the suggested dial settings for different types of seed/fertilizer/melt. So now I will have to glue it back on or otherwise not lose it so that the next time i use it I can know what the settings should be. (They also have this info posted on the Scotts website, I later found out).
The price point was good (I guess it's a few dollars more than a crank spreader) but the ease of use makes it more than worth it.
Note: I was NOT given the product or any other consideration in exchange for this review.
What I love about it:
- I handles a large amount of fertilizer (or whatever material you are dispensing) which avoids constant filing up
- It has a SUPER handy lock, which makes it very easy to use for extended periods of time
- It comes ready out of the box (with batteries)
- It spreads the material VERY evenly
- It can take many different types and sizes of material
What I don't like:
- Battery life (fixed that by using two sets of rechargeable batteries)
No brainer if you have a smaller yard and want an even spread of fertilizer
Please let us know if this helps by clicking on the helpful button below and if you have a specific question about it post it here and I will be sure to answer it. Cheers
1. The dial selector doesn't translate from the commonly established settings that everyone publishes on their packaging for the larger rotary spreaders. The Wizz does come with a little instruction card to do that but that's annoying to keep around. I've included a picture of that. I wish it was at least printed on the Wizz.
2. I wish it was a little bigger but that's a minor gripe.
Otherwise it's a well made and designed product. I like the built in loop to enable it to be hung up as well as it comes with batteries already installed.