BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on March 16, 2014
Want a unique gift for the mothers in your life?

This little gem has it all! I laughed, cried and found myself nodding along with this delightful collection of anecdotes, advice, and famous quotes from and about mothers. Throw in a dozen easy recipes and a colorful, creative background and you have the makings of a wonderful, re-readable keepsake. "You Might Be a Mommy If..." had me rolling with understanding laughter.

I highly recommend this lovely gift book:

For new mommy's to start them on their journey
For in the middle mom's who need a new perspective and a boost to keep going
For mothers and grandmothers who have weathered the parental storms and will enjoy the reminiscing

A collaborative work of five experienced authors who have lived out the joys and challenges of motherhood, this book would make a wonderful shower gift, birthday gift or Mother's Day gift. Or even give it as an encouragement for a family member or friend who's having a difficult time in the parental realm. I also appreciated the inclusion of adoptive parenting difficulties and victories.
on April 15, 2013
Review of A Scrapbook of Motherhood First

This collection of beautifully written nonfiction stories by five celebrated women, Leslie Wilson, Trish Berg, Terra Hangen, Cathy Messecar and Karen Robbins is wise, inspirational, personal and, at the time, touching. The stories told by these authors in the Motherhood First are arranged from Getting the Party Started to Gifts, and finishes with lessons learned. Within each chapter several personal tales are shared, accompanied by words of wisdom, tips, favorite things and occasionally recipes contributed by the authors. I am particularly fond of the wisdoms from the authors in each chapter, such as "Don't worry over small things. Save it for the larger issues." The yummy recipes included truly make A Scrapbook of Motherhood First delicious. This book not only makes a great baby shower gift, but also a marvelous gift for any time of the year for young moms, or moms with kids of any age. I highly recommend it.
on April 22, 2014
Purchased for a new mother. The stories were all very interesting and sweet. I did expect there to be space for a mother to write her own stories but there was not. it was a nice book to give.
on February 10, 2014
great for any scrapbookers. makes themes easy and at your finger tips. bright colors for all occasions and events for your whole family
on September 4, 2012
Oh! The joy! of Motherhood! A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts by Leslie Wilson, Trish Berg, Terra Hangen, Cathy Messner and Karen Robbins is one of those fine books that every new mother should read and a good book for us "seasoned" mothers as well.
Now that I'm a "seasoned" mother I heartily laughed at the escapades that come with being a new mom. As a wise person once said, "My child was perfect until I actually had a child!" Too true!
I loved the story by Leslie Wilson on page 44 about Bath Time. As a new mom it's so easy to over kill. Thank goodness for dads to help and keep us moms sane!
There are humorous and thought provoking antidotes through this beautiful book. It's amazing how mothers can laugh at their "mistakes" while rearing a child after said child is mostly grown.
As John Wilmot says, "Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children and now I have six children and no theories." (p. 81).
These great moms have also included some great recipes. For example there is a recipe for Terra Smoothie on p. 80. A fast and simple recipe for a healthy breakfast.
The authors have also included Discipline Tips, Kid recipes, Family Snapshot, Mama Sez, Scriptures for Mama's Spirit and so much more! Not only is the cover of this book beautiful but the inside pages are mapped out like a scrapbook full of well versed ideas and laughter.
This is one book that would make a wonderful gift for a new mom. I'd gift this book with the ingredients to one of the great recipes listed in the book.
*This book was provided for review by Leafwood Publishers*
on May 3, 2012
"A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate and Wisdom to Bless Moms" written by the Word Quilter's: Terra Hangen, Trish Berg, Cathy Messecar, Leslie Wilson and Karen Robbins is a delightful, humorous and touching look at motherhood. Each story is a special look into the lives of these Christain women and their journey as Moms. Gathering together so much collective wisdom, here is a group of women who successfully weave together their insights into a delightful book celebrating Moms. What a great book for all parents to read and cherish. Grandmothers and Grandfathers will enjoy reflecting on their experiences raising their children and learn new ways to appreciate their grandchildren.
There are wonderful one-liners such as " you might be a mommy if . . ." tasty recipes. and words of scripture. Terra Hangen shares her creative ways to inspire children to see nature as God's miracle. She speaks of saving spiders and letting them go free in the garden. What a valuable lesson for all of us to learn and teach our children and grandchildren that God's creatures are special. Fun activities include building a teepee for beans to grow over and planting seeds together. I appreciated the beautiful sentiments on the joys and woes of motherhood. I highly recommend this book especially with Mother's Day coming up on May 13th.
on July 10, 2012
A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms is a attractive book from front to back. The fun layout, short stories, and tidbits offer more than just soundbites. The advice from Leslie Wilson, Trish Berg, Terra Hangen, Cathy Messecar and Karen Robbins includes everything from recipes to the right way to handle an infant. The funny truth is that there are numerous "right ways." Since expert opinions more often than not contradict, it is best to follow your heart according to one essay.

The honesty of the book is what will grab a mom. Like the advice to "Give yourself a break. Aim for a C on your house cleaning or cooking report card and know it will be okay in the end. Crumbs on the kitchen floor or Ramen Noodles for supper never killed anyone." -Trish

Now that my children are all out of diapers, and nearly all out of grade school - it is clear the most important things are often the smallest and least appreciated, that is, until you stop doing them.

A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts offers gentle encouragement from moms who have been where you are - in a book that can be opened to any page and enjoyed - making it an ideal gift for any occasion.

Thank you to Leafwood Publishers for the review copy and for publishing such a genuine collection of wisdom from moms.
on August 13, 2012
As mothers, we all know how difficult our job can be as we strive to maintain some sort of balance, all while attempting to raise (and nurture) our children in the process. It's tough. It can be chaotic. And sometimes, it can be downright discouraging. Thankfully, this talented group of authors (comprised of super-knowledgeable moms), came together in order to produce "A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts": a beautifully written keepsake that all moms can learn from, laugh with, refer to, and enjoy. This sweet book will not only leave a smile on your face, but will renew your soul and warm your heart when you may need it the most. Packed with great tips, sweet humor, lots of wisdom, and a punch of faith, this book makes a wonderful gift for every mom, no matter what stage of motherhood she may be in. I highly recommend it! :)
on May 6, 2012
A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate and Wisdom to Bless Moms is a perfect gift for Mother's Day for mom, friends, sisters, etc. It would also make an excellent baby shower gift for the mom-to-be. I've only read halfway through the book and that was in just one sitting. It is such an easy and light read that is hard to put down. Everyone will be able to find a way in which they can relate to the book, by the stories, the quotes, the "You might be a mommy..." pages and more. The hard cover along with the thick, quality pages make it sturdy and appealing to the eye. The writing is comforting, encouraging, humorous and touching all at the same time. I plan to buy a couple to have on hand for gifts. I'll keep my copy on my nightstand to flip through again and again, especially after a long day of mothering when I'm in need of a little wisdom and a smile :)
on June 9, 2014
As a first-time mother, reading these stories made me breathe easy, feeling as if these moms were right next to me sipping their cups of tea, indulging me about their silly and wonderful stories, and mostly letting me know that I am, by far, not alone in this new motherhood adventure. Their wisdom is cherished by me and I also appreciate that it comes in tiny, beautifully colored doses as I only have tiny breaks in between caring for my little one. It would make for a great baby shower gift, or even a great gift for a mom who needs some extra special love and encouragement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse