Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Scrapbooking Your Faith: Layouts That Celebrate Your Spiritual Beliefs Paperback – April 13, 2007
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
what this book does is basically show very clear photos of faith pages created by a number of women contributors (their bios are at the back of the book). you see the photo, and the women describe the page and the story behind it in the adjoining text. the photos can give you inspiration to make your own, and the content allows you to think about new ideas for pages or studies you might want to make in your own faithbook-- so that's valuable. it's also just sort of inspirational to read a bit about these women's stories.
but, no, it's not a how-to. but it's really good for what it is.
1) The premise of the book is that you are more than what you do....more than birthdays, vacations, etc. You are what you believe. So, scrapbook about your faith.
2) It's a beautiful book. It has nearly 100 layouts, each printed large enough to see (5x5"). Each layout is so meaningful. The style varies layout to layout.
3) There's lots of text: lots of heartfelt journaling in the layouts themselves, plus a paragraph from the book's author under each layout, a page of text at the beginning of each chapter, and "focus on faith" sections which encourage the reader to create layouts about similar themes. Here are some examples of the "focus on faith" sections: What phrases only make sense to other people in your religion? What have you witnessed that strengthened your faith? Which of God's traits do you most admire?
4) I like that there's a thumbnail picture of each scrapbook page in the supplies list in the back. The source guide is also useful.
5) The index lists the topics of the layouts, so that you can easily flip to layouts about healing or freedom or humor or inspirational people.
Before the book arrived, I could imagine creating one or two layouts about what I believe. With this book as an inspiration / guide, I think I could create an entire album about my faith.
This is not a how-to book, and there are no 2-page layouts. But, that's just fine with me.
Most recent customer reviews
It arrived in good order in the time specified. I was happy with my purchase.