- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Scrapbooking Your Faith: Layouts That Celebrate Your Spiritual Beliefs Paperback – April 13, 2007
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
what this book does is basically show very clear photos of faith pages created by a number of women contributors (their bios are at the back of the book). you see the photo, and the women describe the page and the story behind it in the adjoining text. the photos can give you inspiration to make your own, and the content allows you to think about new ideas for pages or studies you might want to make in your own faithbook-- so that's valuable. it's also just sort of inspirational to read a bit about these women's stories.
but, no, it's not a how-to. but it's really good for what it is.
1) The premise of the book is that you are more than what you do....more than birthdays, vacations, etc. You are what you believe. So, scrapbook about your faith.
2) It's a beautiful book. It has nearly 100 layouts, each printed large enough to see (5x5"). Each layout is so meaningful. The style varies layout to layout.
3) There's lots of text: lots of heartfelt journaling in the layouts themselves, plus a paragraph from the book's author under each layout, a page of text at the beginning of each chapter, and "focus on faith" sections which encourage the reader to create layouts about similar themes. Here are some examples of the "focus on faith" sections: What phrases only make sense to other people in your religion? What have you witnessed that strengthened your faith? Which of God's traits do you most admire?
4) I like that there's a thumbnail picture of each scrapbook page in the supplies list in the back. The source guide is also useful.
5) The index lists the topics of the layouts, so that you can easily flip to layouts about healing or freedom or humor or inspirational people.
Before the book arrived, I could imagine creating one or two layouts about what I believe. With this book as an inspiration / guide, I think I could create an entire album about my faith.
This is not a how-to book, and there are no 2-page layouts. But, that's just fine with me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It really wasn't what I thought it was going to be.
It didn't help me @ all.
The reason I really like this book on scrapbooking your faith is that it shows so many beautiful layout examples. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Dashpack
This gave me plenty of ideas, and I also used it for a scrapbooking class at our church. Several people asked for the author so they could order one.Published on December 2, 2013 by Once Redeemed
This book gives good ideas for scrapbooking your faith as the title suggests.
It arrived in good order in the time specified. I was happy with my purchase.
I was expecting a little more from this book. I did like some of the ideas, but I will probably not refer to this book very often when making my faith journals.Published on June 11, 2013 by Molly's mom
Very helpful book. Well done in every way! Lays out everything to have a memorable faith journey record.I would recommend highly.Published on February 21, 2013 by Jillian
Great book with lots of interesting ideas on how to pass our religious/spiritual beliefs on to our families in our scrapbooks.Published on October 16, 2012 by JoAnn B