Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Michael Jackson's Scream is the perfect collection of 13 all-time electrifying dance classics and fan favorites from The King of Pop on one album, including "Ghosts," "Thriller," "Dirty Diana" and more. The album also includes a brand-new bonus track: the five-song mash-up "Blood On The Dance Floor X Dangerous (The White Panda Mash-Up)." Fans can unlock an immersive Scream augmented reality experience with their mobile device and the collectible poster in this package!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The reviews for this product are quickly turning into a parade of collectors eager to point out that there isn't anything really new here, and that this has all been released before. Isn't it possible that new Michael Jackson fans have been born in the last 20 years, and they want some of his most powerful tunes in one cheap package without having to hunt down out-of-print collections? Is it not possible that there are young people who saw the teaser for season two of Stranger Things and wanted a whole album of songs just like "Thriller?" Of course it is. New Michael Jackson fans are born every day, and they don't care what came out in 1997 on a Hong Kong video disc or a UK exclusive set. They want Michael Jackson in their ears right now, and "Scream" gives it to them.
Here's what we should be celebrating: Legacy Recordings has released a new CD and Double Vinyl of classic Michael Jackson music in 2017, when physical media is considered all but dead. Furthermore, they've priced it as a budget release (which alone should silence some of the complaints) and included something really cool: the album art unfolds into an awesome poster that comes alive via "augmented reality" when you scan it with your smart phone. Something old, something new.
This collection could have had more tracks. It could have been a double CD set. It could have had deeper cuts, and extended mixes of the ones that are already on here, but that was not its purpose. Instead, we have a lean, mean, hard-hitting compilation of some of Michael Jackson's most powerful and aggressive music just in time for Halloween and the month of October, which already uses "Thriller" as its unofficial soundtrack. This exact collection of songs has never been put together on a single CD, and I think it was done with a lot of thought and purpose. I have all of Michael Jackson's albums, but I bought this because it's FUN and is meant to invoke a certain mood and spirit. It does exactly that, and remarkably well. I should also mention that these tracks sound AMAZING, and songs from three decades ago sound like they were recorded yesterday. This is not for die-hard fans. This is for everyone wanting a blast of what made Michael Jackson such a unique and incredible talent. If this is a cash grab, take my money, because this thing rocks.
1. This Place Hotel (a.k.a. Heartbreak Hotel)/ from the Jacksons' Triumph album - Great opener to the album, the song is a really nice, scary track to start things off.
2. Thriller/from the Thriller album - What can I say that's not been said, it's classic! The track is one of the first tracks you would expect when thinking of a Halloween themed compilation album.
3. Blood on the Dance Floor/from the Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix album - Very underrated song, great to see this song get the respect it deserves. Great song!
4. Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell feat. Michael Jackson)/from Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me album - Classic song! Great to see this track put on this album.
5. Dirty Diana/from the Bad album - Great track, classic rock song from Michael. Personally, I would include it later in the compilation.
6. Torture/from the Jacksons' Victory album - Amazing song with vocals from Michael & Jermaine. Great song, from an amazing album!
7. Leave Me Alone/ from the Bad album - Originally a bonus track off the Bad album, this track is a great song. The sounds of the song really fit well on this album!
8. Scream (Duet with Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson)/from the HIStory: Past, Present, & Future, Book I album - The song that gave this album it's name, this song is a great song from the later part of Michael's career. Janet is also amazing on the song too!
9. Dangerous/ from the Dangerous album - Starting with the sounds of a metal, this song is a great song featuring Michael, insteading of singing the verses, speaking them. Classic song, from my all time favorite Michael Jackson album.
10. Unbreakable (with the Notorious B.I.G.)/from the Invincible album - Underrated song from an underrated album. Being the 2nd collaboration with Biggie Smalls, this song is a great song. Just....I believe they coulda' picked a better song for this album. This song, great as it is, it does not fit the theme of the album. Great song, just does not fit.
11. Xscape/from the Xscape posthumous album - Being the only song from the post-death albums, this song is great. I believe the original version (included on the deluxe version of Xscape) is superior to this version.
12. Threatened/from the Invincible album - Amazing song, that originally closed the Invincible album. Also, there's a section in the song that uses clips of Rod Serling on The Twilight Zone. Great song!
13. Ghosts/from the Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix album - Classic song with a classic 40 minute video! Great closer to the album!
14. Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous (The White Panda Mashup) - Amazing remix! This remix uses 5 songs & mixes them into one 3 minute song!
So, what are my thoughts on the album? I think it's a great album with 13 of Michael's all time greatest songs! My only complaint is that Unbreakable does not really fit the album. Maybe they could have included instead Is It Scary.
Who would I recommend this to? If you want to go farther into Michael's music than just the hits, you need music for a Halloween party, or you're just a Michael Jackson fan, I would recommend this!
Got it this time! This is a very good CD. Sure there may be songs we've heard before but there's awesome remixes. But for those of you who have never heard "Somebody's Watching me" This album is a must have.