Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
asked by nic_lus on September 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 29 answers
A
I have the same problem. All I can guess is perhaps the firmware update is already applied to new TVs being shipped now, and running the firmware updater on the shipping firmware is crashing it?

I read both Nico and Scott comments before updating, and wish I had listened, learned, and waited.

But trying to look at the glass half full... If this was going to happen, then getting it over with during the Amazon free return window is less painful than it probably would have been later.
Cueballio answered on October 1, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a blank screen after the upgrade. What is the fix?
Robbo answered on December 21, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was completely happy with the tv. All was good ubtill I upgraded. DO NOT UPGRADE. It killed my display. I hope to get a realution soon and will post it.
Robbo answered on December 21, 2011

A
I was also happy with the purchase until hdmi started doing the blinking thing. so I updated, and everything turned black after. Called the service center that tcl says they work with... they don't apparently. Now I'm more pissed. no box to return. A convenient location doesn't fix their tv's. Running out of convenient options here. Will call TCL later. Maybe there is a miracle I don't know about.
hp answered on December 22, 2011

A
I have the same problem. I have had the tv for a year and just today it started. But I did not upgrade, I did not doing anything. One minute it worked the next it didnt. Anyone figure it out?
forestking answered on January 2, 2012

A
Bill B. answered on January 11, 2012

A
Yes! The so called upgrade Does Not Work! I returned the TV for a full refund. Thanks Amazon!
Robbo answered on January 13, 2012

A
Tcl customer service sucks, I have been without a tv for almost a month and they still have not sent a tech to fix the problem. THANKS TCL!!!!
forestking answered on January 21, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
BDP answered on February 24, 2012

A
so i didn't do the update and having the same problem. is it possible the tv updated itself?
wile answered on August 18, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product