Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on March 24, 2009
First, let me say that I had previously purchased a different screen protector for my Kindle 1.0 (this one: http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-ClearTouch-Anti-Glare-Protector/dp/B001ACNN9W/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top). I was happy with that screen protector, which didn't add to the glare and left just a few tiny bubbles in the corners when I put it on. But it also cost $13, which seems pricey to me.

So when I got my Kindle 2.0, I decided to try this different screen protector. Big Mistake! First, the corners of the screen protector are square, whereas the corners on the new Kindle are rounded. Small detail perhaps, but it does make lining up the protector a bit trickier. After placing it on, I notice big bubbles on the screen that I could not squeeze out with the flimsy cardboard squeegee. But the worst part was the glare. It was like looking into a mirror! It was so bad that I removed the protector after 2 minutes.

I've decided not to use a protector at all, since I always close the cover when I'm not reading. If I were to use one, I would consider going back to the protector sold by BoxWave Corp.
Couldn't get it on the darn thing. Didn't fit properly. Bubbles. This thing is child proof and adult proof and oh yeah, utterly useless.
on January 22, 2009
I bought this as a replacement for my first Kindle screen protector, thinking it might be better. Not only was it too thick, it was impossible to get the bubbles out, and the white tag that says "peel off" did not, so I was left with frayed white paper on the front of my Kindle, which was impossible to remove. I wish I had stayed with my first, and have now ordered a full package from another company.
on April 24, 2009
I totally agree with other reviews! I was very careful. I have an Iphone so I went in knowing to clean the screen carefully prior. With my phone, it was clean it, lay it on, it fit perfectly! I was not prepared for this mess! I did get the backing off fine but I couldn't get the cover to lay flat on the screen since the corners needed to be shaped. So once I realized that, the backing was already off and in the juggle to get the corners clipped there are now a couple of tiny dust particles which create bubbles that don't look so tiny and it has a horrible glare!. I am constantly shifting to get the shine off the screen. I will be replacing this!
on July 16, 2014
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 28, 2010
I was so disapointed when I received this. The point of a kindle is that it has anti-glare on the screen. This completely removes that feature form the kindle. Worthless.
on March 4, 2009
Mine was a bit too big. That's not something you should have to deal with in a custom screen protector. To the person who commented on the stickers, however, the stickers are not on the screen protector, but on protective layers of plastic on BOTH sides of the screen protector. Still, though, not a great screen protector. Trimming isn't fun, and it is a very high glare surface: The glare is so bad, it lasted about 1 minute on my kindle. Find a better way to waste $5.
on March 10, 2010
Protector is good but tricky to place on screen without getting a bubble. The instructions could be better.
on May 31, 2009
My first frustration was that it did not fit the Kindle 2 as claimed. Once I went through the trouble of trimming it, I got to experience what the other users have said about this protector.

The glare is particularly eyecatching...which might be useful if you were say stranded... and needed to signal for help but breathtakingly annoying while you were attempting to read a few pages in between signaling and awaiting help to arrive.

If you absolutely feel compelled to cover your naked screen before the one you ordered has arrived...just wrap plastic wrap around the top of your Kindle. It will be just about as good as this protector, except for the signaling bit.
on January 15, 2010
After trying to put on several different types of screen protectors I have bought online, this is by far the easiest one to install. Very easy 1-2 step instructsions, you simply have to make sure the screen is clean and you are doing the right steps. This screen protector has saved my Kindle from many scratches. I've also purchased my Kindle skin and that fit perfectly as well and changed the entire look of my Kindle. Great product!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.