Screenplay Format Made (Stupidly) Easy (ScriptBully Book Series 4) Kindle Edition
|Length: 71 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) No attempt at formatting the screenplay text for kindle. None. Every part of every screenplay example fragment is left-justified, in the default kindle font. More than likely, the kindle version is a simple-minded automated translation from a PDF original. The author kindly offers the PDF version of this book if you ask him for it... and you WILL need the PDF to get a decently readable copy of this e-book. Don't expect to enjoy the reading experience of the Amazon format book on your kindle device.
The text also has annoyingly large paragraph breaks, which are actually also in the PDF version. One wonders if this was done to pad out the length of the PDF? (even so it is very short - 43 pages). Or perhaps the entire text of the book was done in a program like Final Draft, and that is the default spacing? That might also explain the lack of a table of contents.
2) There is no distinction between what is appropriate for spec scripts versus shooting scripts. 99% of those wanting to learn about formatting are going to be writing spec scripts, and yet this book goes into great detail about camera angles, sound effects, etc. with nary a caveat. I really doubt that most script readers are going to appreciate a new screenwriter trying to "direct" a movie like this.
It is a shame the book has these shortcomings, as there is quite a bit of good info here. Not good value at the asking price though.
In short, what makes this book so great is, it's to the point, it never confuses you, and, best of all, it leaves you feeling inspired to write. Best $2.99 investment I have ever made.
This book would have saved us countless hours and endless heartache. In less than forty pages, the author takes us through the most critical aspects of the screenplay format and shows us how to avoid the common mistakes that will, without doubt, label you as an amateur screenwriter and send your script to the bottom of the stack. Concepts such as locations and sublocations, writing strong visual direction, and managing transitions without driving people crazy are covered in enough detail (and humor) to give you a distinct advantage over other aspiring screenwriters out there.
Bottom line? If you want your screenplays to be read by the people who matter, you need to read this before you write another word.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Movies > Screenwriting
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Movies & Video > Screenwriting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills