Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on March 5, 2017
This was another fun, quick read in this series.

Spoiler alert:

This story involves a m/f/m menage, but had what for me was a fun twist. In most menages that I've read, the two guys are long time friends who have at least occasionally shared women in the past. In this case, although the guys have been friends since college, they've never done this before, so it's a new experience for everyone involved.

This was an enjoyable, easy romance with little real angst or drama. Everything worked out a lot easier than it probably would have in real life, but that's why it's called fiction.
on September 8, 2013
After enjoying the hell out of Party Naked (Cocktales, Book One), I couldn't wait to check out the next book in the series. But it's kind of . . . meh.

I never really bought that the two male mains would agree to share Jordan. Nobody's motivations seemed believable at all and Carr seemed to just skip over all the emotional stuff that would go along with this situation. A long term threeway relationship for people who have never done it before would be really hard -- this book just seemed to gloss over all the details.

I've enjoyed everything else I've read by Carr, so I am just going to chalk this one up as a rare miss. She usually excels at writing realistic emotions to go along with her steamy sex.
on November 4, 2013
I really enjoyed reading the second book in the Cocktales Series about Jordan, Casey & Gabriel along with the entire crew at Books and Brew. Jordan is the accountant/bookkeeper for the book store/bar the four girls co-own together and she has the 'hots' for their landlord Gabriel, but he doesn't know it. She daydreams and fantasizes over him everyday and night for the last two years, and insist's they are "just friends" even though she would like more. The air conditioner has given up the ghost, and the book store/bar is sweltering, the tempeture outside is already in the nineties and its even hotter inside. The girls decided to shut down the business until the AC can be fixed. Jordan has already called Gabriel and left a message, but she hasn't heard anything yet. The girls are going to go swimming at the town pool, however Jordan isn't she's going to stay and see if the repair guy shows up, she'll catch up with the girls later for a late lunch. But before they go, they have a chat with her about how it's time she stops being by herself and gets back on the horse and finds somebody she can date. She tells the girls to give her a month to see if she can find somebody to date, and if all else fails she'll let Stephanie fix her up on a blind date with one of the cops Jordan knows. Not two minutes after the girls leave does the most incredible looking guy walk into the bar, it's Casey the Handy-man who is gorgeous. He tells Jordan that Stephanie said to come right in and to tell her, don't forget the deal you made, I'm not sure what she meant but she was drooling. Jordan just chuckles, so did Gabe call you, yes well I'm grateful you came it seems out AC is on the fritz. Well I'm your man, can you help me, she says sure, you can hand me the tools, so they go in the storage closet and he starts asking for tools, and she's handing them to him and they are carrying on an amazing conversation when he stops, and wipes the sweat off his forehead with his tee shirt. He says it sure is hot in here I'm going to take my top off, and if you want to as well that would be all right with me, Jordan just chuckles I just bet it would be all right with you. He continues to work and then stops and takes a long drink of water, and then try's to get Jordan to drink, and they end up running around the storage unit laughing at each other, when Gabriel walks in and says "what's going on in here" and he's pissed. We're trying to fix the AC, but just took a break to have some water, I can see that, what's the verdict I have to order a part. Casey leaves to order the part, mean while Gabriel and Jordan are left alone and he says I didn't mean to jump down your throat but what's going on with you two, nothing. Casey came to fix the AC, he asked me to help hand him tools, we hit it off, and started fooling around, totally innocent. I just worry about you Jordy, well don't I'm a big girl. Casey comes back and says the part should be in tomorrow, so I'm done here, I'll be back when the part comes in. Gabriel says I'm off I have a date, Jordan is off to have lunch with the girls and Casey is on his way to go fishing. Jordan is interested in Casey, and the next day they both go shopping at the mall, where she gets a new hair-do and buys a whole new sexy ward-robe that Casey helps her pick out and then they go and buy sexy shoes, and en go to the food court to eat. While their Casey is sitting at the table trying to get his libidos back into check, cause Jordan is one very hot and incredible lady and he wants her, even though he knows his best friend Gabe has the hots for her, but he's trying to get Jordan to see that Gabe is the right guy for her. Read this book because it will make you laugh, and cum a lot. It's about two guys who are best friends and have falling for the same girl, and its about a girl who is ready to move on and try something new, and the bad girl in her wants the both of them, even if society says that's not cool, the bad girl doesn't care. I can't wait to read the last two books in the series. Enjoy!
on March 21, 2012
So far this is a great series to read. This second book is about Jordan, Casey & Gabriel. Jordan is the bookkeeper at the books & brew and kinda a geek. Gabriel is her good friend, who she has a huge crush on. Casey is Gabriel's best friend who is the handy man for the book store. Casey realizes Gabriel and Jordan both have feelings for each other and decides to make Gabriel jealous. Casey realizes he also has feelings for Jordan when they go on a date. When Gabriel and Casey realize they both fall for the same girl they decide to go for her together. What I liked so much about this book was none of the characters had been in a menage relationship before. Like so many other books in the menage genre they are expected or whatever town they live in, it is the norm. In this book they are all going in it not knowing what to expect or how it will work or how the community will judge them. The characters are all well developed and have good background stories, I could feel the passion between them, it didn't feel fake or pushed.

This is the second book of the cocktales series, you can read as a stand alone but the first book is just as good so I would recommend reading in order. I can't wait to read more from this series. The only thing I didn't like about this book was the girls name Jordan, it sounded too much like a boys name with reading it in a menage. It felt like reading 3 boy names, but it wasn't that big of a problem. I still give it 5 stars.
on March 21, 2012
Screwdriver is book 2 in Mari Carr's Cocktales series and it's awesome! I could not get enough of the characters or the story. The characters of Gabe, Jordan & Casey were down-to-earth people which made them endearing to me and I enjoyed the friendship portrayed between these three as well as with the rest of the gang. Jordan is the bookkeeper of the bookstore she and her girl friends own and has had a secret crush on building owner, Gabe, who has a starring role in her fantasies. Her friends encourage her to act on her feelings for Gabe or let him go and pursue someone else. Enter Casey, sexy handyman and Gabe's best friend and things begin to change. Jordan and Casey have instant chemistry that's sizzling hot and he treats her like the most beautiful woman in the world. Gabe witnesses their closeness and he can no longer deny his feelings for Jordan as jealousy rears it head. Casey senses this and sets out to prove it while trying not to act on his own desires. Readers learn Gabe has been hurt before by a woman in his past so he's built a wall around his heart for the past 2 years and Casey wants Gabe to start living again. In the end the three of them embark in a ménage relationship that's a new experience for all. The story was well written, friendships nicely developed, and sex scenes were totally hot. I became emotionally invested in these characters and whether they could make this new relationship work. I look forward to reading the next book in this wonderful series.
on April 16, 2012
This was one hot read! I've said it before but I'm gonna say it again...Mari Carr can write a damn steamy story. I was once again up way too late reading this one. I just could not put it down until I read every word of it. As I said with the first book in this series this story has everything you could want in a good erotic romance plus a fantastic story with believable characters. I could totally picture myself as one of the women who own Books and Brew, which I have to say is an awesome idea. What better than to have a glass of wine and pick out a new romance novel all at the same place.

The characters in this one are probably some of my favorites. I just loved Jordan, she kinda made me think of myself a little. Quiet, a little shy but once you get to know her she opens right up. And Casey...*sigh*...I want a Casey! What a sweet heart to do that for his friend even when he thinks he is going to lose the one girl he wants for himself. Gabriel wasn't so bad either, talk about intense. I so love intense men, everything with them is done with so much emotion, which is definitely the case with Gabriel. I loved the chemistry between the three of them, talk about HOTT!!!! And come on...what woman wouldn't want two sexy men giving her the best pleasure of her life?

I can not wait for the next addition to this series. It's sure to be a good one judging from these first two. I give this book 4.5 Moons and highly recommend it to any lover of erotica!

*Reviewed by Anna @ Book Lovin' Mamas*
on April 26, 2015
Serious, playful, sexy,erotic, and a good read. Two men to make sure Jordan gets it through her thick head that she is beautiful, intelligent, and fun to be with.
on February 27, 2015
Interesting story not what I had expected but Mari Carr pulled off a surprise. Great introduction and a twist in the story well done.
Yummy book. Of course, we'd all like to be Jordy at least once in life. Lol. I'll look for more from this author.
on January 2, 2014
One woman who thinks she's just ok and has a crush on her landlord and friend finally gets the guys to go after him with his best friend's help. Then she realizes she wants them both but do they want her? The steaminess after they test the waters is off the charts. She sees what they see and knows she is worth it. Hot read good as stand alone or in the series. Can't wait to read book 3 to see the next woman from Books and Brew find her HEA