Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on June 16, 2015
This is a great pen. I have tried another 3D pen and the additional controls of temp., speed and ABS or PLA are super useful. The piece in my photo is 3 ft. tall and many hours. My other pen didn't last long enough to finish one previous piece and it was less than half this size. This is the 3D pen to get.
review imagereview imagereview image
102 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 8, 2016
Great 3D pen. Purchased to do minor repairs and tweaks to prints off our Rostock Max V2 printer. Right out of the box, my 15 year old son was making things and used it to "plastic weld" two PLA printed parts together. Works great for PLA and ABS, but have not tried other materials yet. Chose this one after reading review of various pens and watching numerous Youtube video reviews.

***UPDATE***: have had the pen for 4 days, son went to use it this morning and pen will not feed filament. motor operates, but not gripping filament. can push filament all the way through pen, so there is no blockage. have emailed manufacturer and awaiting response. will update again after this is resolved.
25 people found this helpful
on October 14, 2015
Got for daughter for her birthday. She is having fun learning to use it. She loves the 6 speeds and back up feature. You don't have to lose several inches of plastic when you want to change colors. And different speeds are needed for different projects. There are also 2 temp settings which are adjustable for different materials. Her hand does get tired but it is definitely more ergonomic than others I have seen. Great present but you must have patience to learn to use it. You will not be perfect right at the start.
22 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2016
Love this thing! My 9, 11, and 13 yr old boys have been using it with no problems right out of the box! Only wish I had 2 more!
19 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2016
I ordered this for my daughter this Christmas. She plugged it in, and soon the LCD began to flicker. As it heated up, it got worse and worse until it was unreadable. I contacted the company and got a personal reply within hours - on Christmas Day. I sent the pen back and got a new one within a week. It works perfectly. This is an excellent product with customer service that is second to none. Buy it.
21 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2015
This pen is amazing. Perfect speeds and temps. Both my 10 yr old and I love this. So many hours we spend together creating anything we dream up.
17 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2016
Gave this to my 12 yr old niece for Christmas. I figured there would be a learning curve but the very first thing she made was pretty and she's sent pics of several successful projects since then. No problems with the pen so far. Other pens seem to have better PR but if you look at the reviews they're not very good. This one has been great so far.
19 people found this helpful
on October 29, 2015
This was a gift but I hear they are loving it!
14 people found this helpful
on September 23, 2015
The scribbler 3d pen is a fun little gadget.
It jams up sometimes and you have to take it sort and pull the inside feed tube out to unjam it.
But other than that it was fun to play with before I gave it away as a gift, and ordered a more professional 3d pen.
The more professional pen that I ordered was the Lix Pen.
The scibbler is mad of plastic and has a thicker more bulky body style which leads to a loss of finer movement when creating a piece, this is good for arts and crafts day at school.
The Lix Pen is thin like a pencil and made of light weight aluminum, something that you would use at work to rough out idea's quickly to show the basics or even full on working pieces.
7 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 15, 2015
We have all been designing with it from ages 10 to 38!
12 people found this helpful