Scrivener 2 for Mac [Download]
- Corkboard - In Scrivener, every document is attached to a virtual index card onto which you can jot a synopsis; moving the cards on Scriveners corkboard rearranges their associated text in your draft.
- Outliner - View and edit the synopses and meta-data of your documents in Scriveners powerful outliner. Organise your ideas using as many or few levels as you want and drag and drop to restructure your work.
- Scrivenings - Scriveners innovative Scrivenings mode allows you to move smoothly between editing your document one piece at a time or together as a whole.
- Statistics and Targets - A live word and character count of the current section is always in view at the bottom of the screen, and you can set a word or character count target for each section.
- Full-Screen - Because sometimes you want to blank out the rest of the world while you write - or at least the rest of the screen. One click in Scriveners toolbar and you can leave the rest of your desktop behind and write distraction free.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.
Writing a novel, research paper, script or any long-form text involves more than hammering away at the keys until you’re done. Collecting research, ordering fragmented ideas, shuffling index cards in search of that elusive structure—most writing software is fired up only after much of the hard work is over. Enter Scrivener: a word processor and project management tool that stays with you from that first, unformed idea all the way through to the final draft. Outline and structure your ideas, take notes, view research alongside your writing and compose the constituent pieces of your text in isolation or in context. Scrivener won't tell you how to write - it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application.
Scrivener puts everything you need for structuring, writing and editing long documents at your fingertips. On the left of the window, the “binder” allows you to navigate between the different parts of your manuscript, your notes, and research materials, with ease. Break your text into pieces as small or large as you want - so you can forget wrestling with one long document. Restructuring your draft is as simple as drag and drop. Select a single document to edit a section of your manuscript in isolation, or use “Scrivenings” mode to work on multiple sections as though they were one: Scrivener makes it easy to switch between focussing on the details and stepping back to get a wider view of your composition.
- Scrivener for Mac requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or above. Scrivener 2 is fully compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
- Intel Only: An Intel-based Mac is required to run Scrivener.
- Scrivener for Mac App Store requires OS X 10.6.7 or above, owing to the fact that the Mac App Store itself cannot be installed on an older version of 10.6.
|Mac Minimum System Requirements:||Mac Recommended System Requirements:|
Platform: Mac Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I heard about Ywriter recently (but it's only for PC users, so I was momentarily devastated - till I found this). I was a bit nervous to try it after reading how frustrated some people were because of it's technical aspects (I flounder technologically - a lot of us aspiring writers are trying to activate the left side of our brains enough to get the plotting down, there's not a whole lot left over for anything like programming speak, at least for me.)
Anyhow, don't let the technical aspects scare you off if that's an issue. It's pretty brilliant, really. Pretty simple. I only spent part of one day reading the digital manual (the guy was pretty entertaining actually who wrote it) and today I'm off and running. Amazed that I can keep everything together all in one place on my desktop. All in one place - that's worth repeating. I just click on one thing and all my files are right there, together, sequentially, in whatever order I need them to be. (You can import your word files too.)
You can come at if from so many different angles - whatever suits your mojo. Like if you want to start with just the index cards first to sketch out scene ideas, or get the scene order down, then later create documents to write the actual scenes. Or bounce around several documents as the mood hits you to outline, or do general sketches, work on a scene, add details for world building, whatever. This helps you stay organized. I feel like I can work on whatever I need to (quick access, can find everything easily, and the fact that it looks so organized totally does something for me in my writing efforts.)
This has made life so much simpler and really propelled me forward in my efforts. It's inexpensive. I would have paid more for it. But the low price (about $23 when I bought it, made the decision easy for me.) I highly recommend it. It's a lot of work, this writing business, but having the right tools in your hands can make all the difference. Good luck. Happy writing!
Excellent email support from company as well as user forums.
The number one software package for indy publishers and writers, and the most powerful creative writing software I've ever used. A bargain at about $40.
This proved to be the thing to do. I don't use all the features, but I'm very happy to have them. No more using the find function to figure out if a character's eyes are blue or brown, no more hunting around for maps (although I still use them) for place names on secondary worlds ... it's all at my fingertips.
Highly recommended. You get a very powerful piece of software practically for free. Compares favorably with software for which I've paid ten times the money.