Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on October 20, 2012
If you're a Mom struggling to find healthy food that your kids will actually eat I think this is the book for you. It's also great for grandparents who are babysitting their grandchildren and want some healthy recipes.

First I like the Jenny Collins cookbooks because they have an international flavor to them. She includes temperatures in celcius, fahrenheit and by gas mark. The measurements are by grams, ounces and cups. And finally she includes prep time and cooking time.

But I really like the recipes. She really has healthy substitutes for all of the unhealthy fast food meals that kids love. Simple fish kabobs, homemade meat balls, homemade chicken goujons (nuggets) homemade beef burgers. There's comfort food like macaroni and cheese, pizza, beef stew and chicken stew. There are other recipes that help kids get the veggies they usually reject: creamy cauliflower cheese, potato cakes with bacon, peas and sweet corn.

These look like real, original and deicious recipes that you won't find elsewhere. Highly recommended.
on December 18, 2012
I am always on the lookout for lunchtime inspiration, so I was very pleased to be able to download this booklet for free. The recipes are certainly creative and kid-friendly; I also appreciated the ethnic touches that included Indian, Chinese, Italian, and other world cuisines. However, these 31 recipes were not quite what I anticipated. Instead of ideas for lunches I could pack and send to school with my kids, the recipes are mostly for hot, home-style meals that I can easily prepare in my kitchen. This is actually not a problem for me, since my children can come home for lunch. These lunch ideas would also be great for families with preschoolers or those who home-school their children. Overall, I would recommend this helpful collection recipes for parents and children who are wanting to get out of a rut and try new flavors. Just be aware that the recipes in this booklet work best for days when children are eating at home.
on October 27, 2012
As a parent for 4 kids, we are always looking for new ideas to prepare healthy, delicious and wholesome food. I was happy to find that recipes in this book are just that.

The book has a variety of recipes such as soups, burgers, stews to salads etc. I was happy to see that the book did not include unhealthy ingredients which are so prevalent in other cookbooks. This books stands out in that sense.

I own other books by Jenny Collins and have always been impressed with the quality and presentation of the recipes.
This one is no exception.
on October 23, 2012
Half term is rapidly approaching, and for work at home Dads like me, that means a noisy house full of kids! Thankfully, like Jenny's children, mine do eat pretty much everything. But it can be a struggle to find original meals for them. And that's where this book shines! Not only is it packed full of delicious, healthy meals, but you can make most of them with your kids helping out too. (Although not ideal in this household unless you want lunch to stretch into dinner.....) The home made fish fingers are fantastic, the creamy linguine delicious, and the slow cooked chicken stew is scrumptious - and all of the recipes can easily be used for the grown ups in the house too!
on November 1, 2012
This is a wonderful book for parents and grandparents. Food that is good for your kids and taste good too.The recipes are well written and easy to follow. As a grandparent, I can tell you I would much rather see the kiddos eat something I have prepared that go grab something at the fast food joint.

So many of the lunch ideas sound very good to me and I'm sure their grandfather will enjoy these delights with the kids.Homemade fish fingers or pizza will make the entire family happy.Meatballs, stew, or Chicken Noodle soup is also wonderful for everyone.

I recommend this book for everyone who ever has kids in their home for meals
on October 23, 2012
With 4 kids, I'm always looking for simplicity, and "31 Scrumptious Kids Lunch Ideas With Recipes" provides just that. I appreciated the healthy ingredients that are a welcome alternative to fast food restaurants and snacks that come from a box or bag. The author provides directions on how to prepare each dish using easy, step-by-step guides that my children can follow. We can all have fun preparing healthy meals, all without a lot of fuss.
on October 22, 2012
These recipes are not just for kids but also anyone who loves to eat. Love the recipe for 15 minute vegetable soup for those days that I'm pressed for time. I also like the ideas for the homemade chicken and beef burgers...this way you can control the quality of the meat that you and your family is eating.

Each recipe lists the cooking time, servings and conversion for the ingredients.

Great variety of recipes.
on June 5, 2013
I loved her book of Salmon recipes, but this one fell short. Too much to do for me for lunch. Had difficulty with some of the wording. Just not used here in the US of A. Defining area specific things would have helped. I will use a few of the recipes for dinner but not for lunch.
on October 23, 2012
What a delightful book. This book contains some great recipes that anyone can easily make. I highly recommend this book to anyone that has kids or takes care of kids.

Some of these recipes are very imaginative, such as the simple fish kebabs. I would have never thought of such a thing. Excellent book indeed.
on October 24, 2012
As parents we want to serve our kids healthy meals. Unfortunately we get busy and sometimes we opt for the quick solution which is not as healthy. This book solves the problem by providing more than 30 great recipes. My personal favorites are the meatballs, and the quesdillas.