- File Size: 268 KB
- Print Length: 67 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Loose Id LLC (November 16, 2015)
- Publication Date: November 16, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0184OWT7A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,316,656 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Sea Between Us Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Aside from an odd perfunctory quality to the writing—something it shares with “Mi Amor”—I was so glad to have this “what next?” chapter in Javier and Adam’s life. What happens after Prince Charming sweeps Cinderella of her feet? Real life, that’s what happens. Plakcy rather rushes through time and action in order to focus on the emotional hurdles that Adam and Javier have to leap in order to survive. Not only is Javier risking everything with this latest project, but he is desperate to earn his parents’ blessing. Adam, from an entirely different background and with a family who is fully supportive, has to learn how to get outside his own head and consider what the man he loves is going through.
Relationships are not romantic all the time. Love needs to be nurtured. Real life gets in the way.
The Sea Between Us is the sequel to Mi Amor. The sequel highlights Adam returning to an east coast college to earn a MBA in marketing and real estate. The separation puts a strain on the relationship, causing Adam to have doubts regarding Javier’s feelings. However, the real issues stems from Javier’s Cuban culture. Some in the Cuban community still believe homosexuality is a choice. This way of thinking is especially true with Javier’s parents, who refuse to accept that their son is gay.
Neil Plakcy has created a wonderfully compassionate happily ever after romance that I thoroughly enjoyed. The Sea Between Us illustrates the transformation of Adam from a free spirit party boy to a mature responsible man.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial