|Fabric Type||15d Ultra-sil Nylon|
|Brand||Sea to Summit|
About this item
- 15d Ultra-sil Nylon
- Best Use: Designed to fully cover you and your backpack in a downpour. Doubles as a rain tarp cover for sleeping or lightweight shelter.
- Waterproof: Siliconized 15D Ultra-Sil Nylon is durable & waterproof. Fully seam taped.
- Features: 3-panel hood construction with a wide brim is fully seam sealed. Drawcord cinch hood. Long back panel to cover a large backpack. Easy to use snap closures.
- Shelter: 57 x 104 in. can be set up as an A-Frame, Wind Shelter, Bivy, Hammock Fly, Awning, or Rook. Has guy line attachment points at corners and middle.
- Packable: Packaged in its own, mini siliconized Nylon stuff sack; Pack Size: 3 x 5.25 in; Weight: 8.1 oz / 230g
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Sea to Summit stands for a culture of design perfectionists who develop ingenious, functionally beautiful products with an independent, free-thinking Australian attitude. We strive to create equipment that is nimble and light, but serious enough to deliver when called into duty. Gear that works just that little bit better, so you may find yourself inspired to take the less-traveled road more often.
Ingenious. Functional. Reliable. Unconventional. Inspiring.
The lightest coated fabric that Sea to Summit manufactures, the 15 Denier Ultra-Sil is a siliconized nylon fabric with a polyurethane (PU) inner coating for mild waterproofing. This ultralight fabric has a 1,200mm hydrostatic head.
The Ultra-Sil Nano Poncho is a raincoat, pack cover, groundsheet and tarp all in one. It is made of 15D Ultra-Sil Nano fabric, is super lightweight and packs down incredibly small. This is an ideal solution in temperate climates and can be used as an emergency shelter if needed.
- Waterproof 15D Ultra-Sil Nano fabric
- Accommodates a large backpack
- Easily converts from rainwear to a 2-person shelter with guy attachment points
- Side snaps together for rain protection when worn as a poncho
- Double stitched, tape sealed, 3-panel hood construction
- Can be used with our bug tents to create an ultralight shelter
Compare with similar items
Sea to Summit Nylon Tarp-Poncho
TETON Sports Tarp/Shelter/Poncho
Sea to Summit Escapist Inner Bug Tent with Floor, Inner Bug Tent
|Sold By||MadAthlete||The Best V.B.G||Amazon.com||MadAthlete|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The STS tarp poncho provides decent coverage when used as a tarp (slightly larger than the mytrailco.) and excellent coverage as a poncho. I'm a big fan of the breathe-ability in poncho mode, much better than a rain jacket. This has quickly become one of my favorite pieces of 3-season gear and I really believe it It is worth the extra money over the mytrailco. and equinox and other ready-made options. It also came in over 1oz under spec weight, mine is only 6.9oz!
-Comes in ultra light at 7.27 ounces, with the pouch.
-Sil Nylon is very durable, can be folded and creased every which way.
-Multi use item. If you're doing ultralight, multi-use items are your best friends.
-The rear is longer than the front. Great if you have a large pack. Poncho goes over the bag, keeping it dry.
-$$$$$. It's sea to summit, what'd you expect. There are less expensive Sil-Nylon tarp ponchos on the market, but if you're buy from Amazon, this is the only brand I trust.
-Ultra small pouch. This is both a Pro & Con. I put this in the Con's just because you'll need to fold & roll the poncho just right for it to fit in the pouch. & if you're out on a trip, trying to get this to fit after a rain storm is going to be tough.
-The area you put your head through is small. I got a large head (most likely cuz I'm fat), and it's a tight squeeze.
Great for the ultralight hikers/backpackers. But very expensive for what it is. I have a sil-nylon 12'x10' hex tarp for my hammock & that was only $90. For myself, I don't really like it, due the the cons I have, therefore I'm going to return mine.
kept everything dry during rain, and great ventilation so you don't sweat to death. Light, and packs very small. Great buy!
Top reviews from other countries
* this poncho keeps you (&your backpack) really dry.
* it easily dries and you can put it back into its cover easily. I often had to put the pincho multiple times per day (and store it away after each use), and that is really easy-to-do. Folding it is easy and it takes very little space in your bag
* even in very windy & rainy conditions, this poncho kept me dry, at a time when many other travellers had issues ith keeping their poncho in place (or it was not covering their backpack anymore). I got a lot of questions form other travellers what kind of poncho this was and where I bought it, because they saw that it outperforms many other (most) other ponchos)/