Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 269 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 423 reviews
on February 15, 2014
My first book by Nora Roberts was "Vision in White". I actually read the entire series (Bride Quartet) since I bought the 4 books at the same time. I liked it but there was something lacking, something that didn't capture me as other stories do.
I was even reluctant to read Nora Roberts again but she has so many books and she's considered one of the best romance authors, so how could I not give her books another try?

I looked through her series and found the Chesapeake Bay Saga. The summary of Sea Swept (first book) draw me in and I knew I had to read it.
I'm so glad I did.

Each character is interesting. I felt myself liking all the Quinn brothers, though I have to admit I loved Cameron. And the heroine? Wow! It's been a long time since I liked the heroine as much as the hero. Lately it's happened to me that I liked the hero more, but in this case I absolutely loved them both.
Anna knows how to hold her ground, how to stand up to people. She was the perfect match for Cameron who like her knows how to hold his ground.
It was amazing seeing them falling in love. They are perfect for each other. I can't wait to read the following books in the saga to know more about them, and also to know more about the rest of the Quinn brothers.
Their brotherhood was actually my favorite part in the story, more than the romance between Cameron and Anna (and I absolutely loved those two).

God, I feel like I wrote a lot, haha. All that's left to say is that I highly recommend this book to those romance readers who are not only looking for a story about two people falling in love, but also about the importance of family.
on May 7, 2013
This is Cameron Quinn's book. He lives in speed; races, cars, women. And he loves the fast forward lifestyle he has in Europe, or anywhere in any country he chooses. He first grew up in a bad neighborhood in a horrible living situation with his mom. He got in trouble more times than he can count.
He is also the first adopted son of Stella and Ray Quinn. They have changed his world and made it better. They have helped to create the opportunities he has now in his life. He owes everything to them.

Cameron's first dilemma is running home to his dying father, Ray, when he hears word. Ray has left pieces of his life unsettled, his finances, his newest adopted son Seth, and mostly, his other older adopted sons. His first compromise is moving home to be with all his brothers, and caring for Seth.

Seth is 10-yrs old and doesn't know who to trust, or what is expected of him. But he is on the look out, and he is ready to run at first instinct.

Cameron has to find the patience and stability needed to become guardian over Seth, and deal with his other brothers and his father's leftover shambles.
What he isn't prepared for, is the deliciously intriguing Ms. Anna Spinelli, Seth's social worker. He has never met anyone like her, and he intends to find out why she is so different. And he has to determine why she is becoming so special to him when every other woman has been in and out of his life so fast in what seems like another life.

First he needs to find the balance of working with her for Seth's own wellbeing.

I loved the dynamics of Cameron and his brothers. And I liked the fact that Nora takes us on a ride of survival that we find we are all fighting for the same cause.
on April 5, 2015
A little predictable but I loved it! A bit different with the magical twist of gods and demons but I'm on a kick with that right now so it was exactly what I was looking for. I had read the first book in this series a few years ago and was happy to complete it. The sexual content is mild and easily skimmed over if you don't care for those details. The violence is just enough to give the sense of battle and your imagination can take over creating as dark an image as you care to. Overall it was a well written book. I generally refer to Nora Roberts books as 'smut' so for me this was far removed from her usual. What I have read at least.
on December 20, 2014
Nora Robert is known for engaging character this is not short on them while the language is saltier then most romances her book grabs you and makes you want to know who the characters are . to describe beyond the description given it is about brothers who love each other but still fight but at the end of the day they are each others best friends while like any good romance it is about guy meet girl guy screws girl guy ask her to marries him this also has another kind of love story the Kramer vs Kramer type love . cam the oldest comes home at the death of his adopted father and find out about anther brother that he grows devoted too. over all great book . Nora doesn't skimp on the humor either that helps the book defnantly makes one one want to read the rest of the series simply because by the end of the book your about your best friends people who you have connected with on and almost intiment level not because of the sex but because you have gotten to know there secrets and private thoughts
on June 5, 2013
Dont misunderstand me. I like Nora Roberts. She still keeps it real and close to the modern novel kind of romantic and with a splash of reality. Compared to previous works, Nora tries to put us in the shoes of three men who were abused and abandoned in a very early age and the three women destined for them and with similar or closed problems. We have a plot that reunites these men (with lives apart) into the same town, the same house. And then alpha rivalries rise up, but also, the memories of love and caring by their stepparents makes them remember what is important: the Family. I Wont deep into the plot so I wont spoil it for you. You have to read it and get your own conclusions.

Is very intriguing how she mixes up the fear of grown men what turns them more real. But what don't make me give five stars to this first novel of the series is the fact that don't finish winning me is the personality of these first two characters introduced into this first book. I wont give more details so I wont spoil the first book. I've read Roberts trilogy of Blood Brothers and I've Liked so much more that this first book of these new trilogy. I have to finish to read the second one (I haven't advanced so much in the second to give a full review about it or compared both trilogies), but till now, between this first book and the first book of "Blood Brothers" I like that one so much more.
on October 11, 2016
The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because it just ended. The 'mystery' didn't get resolved, so I will have to read the next book. That's okay with me. However, my experience with other Nora Roberts books is that they do each have a beginning and an end and the 'story' is complete by the last page. Granted, more information is given in the subsequent story, but nothing really that would have added value to the first. Okay, gotta go. Gotta order Book 2.
on May 1, 2016
This was my first book of Nora Roberts that I read and let me tell you that it was the Quinn Brothers who decided if I will or will not continue to read other books of Nora Roberts. I love this book so much! It moved and grabbed me in a way that left me in a very happy place. I still haven't found another Family book that I love as much as this one.

This book has romance but also has the theme of family and about brothers. It's a very special book for me.
on December 3, 2012
Unlike other Nora Roberts books, the love story isn't the main attraction here. Instead, its the interaction between the three brothers that draws you in. The love story between Anna (social worker extraordinaire) and Cam (adrenaline-junkie-turned-pseudo-father) is just a distraction from what makes this story attractive.

Brother not by blood, but in every other way, Phillip, Cam and Ethan's unique love for each other reaches from the pages into the readers heart. You'll wish you were there to give as good as you get and to rough house. When faced with tragedy, the three of them band together and give a united front to the rest of the world.

One of the best love stories, this is not. But enjoyable? Yes, it is. Roberts creates interesting male characters who make the reader feel like part of the family.
on March 8, 2016
I love Nora Roberts books and this is a good trilogy. The story line is interesting and the characters are well developed.
on November 16, 2013
This is the first of the Chesapeake Bay series, focusing on Cameron, the oldest of the four Quinn 'brothers' (four troubled young men adopted off the streets and raised as brothers). The Quinns are reeling from their father's inexplicable death in a single car accident which might not have been an accident. The three oldest brothers, fully grown, make a deathbed promise to their father to take care of their youngest brother, Seth. Seth is ten and his adoption into the Quinn family had not been finalized at the patriarch's death, which leaves his guardianship uncertain.

Enter Anna, a caseworker from Social Services assigned to investigate Seth's placement with the Quinns. Now, I found it HUGELY unlikely that a social worker would get romantically involved with a client and not recuse herself from the case, and when her dual role as caseworker and lover made for plot conflict later, I just rolled my eyes because, seriously, who didn't see that coming? I also was annoyed by the casual violence in the relationships in the book: the brothers are always getting into fistfights, and Cameron and Anna get into several physical fights, too. No one gets seriously hurt, but it bothered me. (I work in the domestic violence field, so my tolerance for relationship violence in fiction--as in life--is really low.)

I did like the relationship between the brothers, and I loved that Anna is saucy and sexually liberated, despite a sexually traumatic past, even before she meets Cam. Ooh, also: this book has sailboats, and I'm a total sucker for boats.