Sea to Summit Kitchen Sink
|Price:||$19.95 - $2,990.00|
- Unique design with stainless steel stiffening ring that prevents the sink from collapsing when full
- Base is broader than top so it won't tip over in use
- Fine to use with hot water and detergent
- Wide webbing carry handles
- Comes with its own handy storage pouch
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* It did not change my washing habits - Like many backpackers, I carry with me into the wilderness an ethic of conservation, both in the sense that I want to leave wilderness much as I found it for future travelers, but also in the sense that when you hike into the back country for days or weeks, you have only those resources that you carry in with you. As such, I didn't find this item as useful as I thought I would. I still just use the pots I used for cooking to also clean up with. I couldn't bring myself to fill this thing up with a ton of water just so I could wash the dishes like I do at home. It's also just one more thing to haul, whether on your back or in your car camping kit.
* It really does work best when full. Being soft-sided, the water inside acts to support the structure, so it'll hold up better when it's more than half-full rather than less. Consider this as there are different sizes: You'll want to get a size that both will fit the stuff you want to wash, but also will hold only as much water as you are willing to put in it. (e.g. It will not work well if you get the largest size and only put a gallon of water in it)
* It is well made and sturdy, and it does not leak.Read more ›
I bought this for my three-week hike along the John Muir Trail this past summer. It was a godsend, and for some people, a conversation piece. I used this to wash up with, wash clothes and wash dishes. I never had to worry about a completely level surface as this sink takes on its own shape. So many people were impressed with this thing that they vowed to get one, too.
Working this was easy, too: just open this thing up and scoop it into the creek for five gallons of water at your convenience. The sink then takes on the shape of a long and narrow bag that's easily carried to its destination. Using this keeps the creek water clean and it also allows you to use water where there isn't any water. It's made of a tough material that won't tear easily.
This packs small and weighs very little. I'll never go on another camp-out without it.
Packing a bowl, even a plastic one, is a messy nuisance. Why not pack a collapsible bowl! Well, in the past, collapsible bowls tended to collapse when you didn't want them to. They also didn't collapse that well.
The Kitchen Sink is a different matter. It stubbornly refuses to flop over when full, and yet it packs down into small when empty. It's built bulletproof. I have the 5 liter version, which is perfect for "personal" use either when you're car camping or backpacking.
Remember to use this item responsibly, please! Don't do your dishes in a water source, and toss dirty water far from water sources so the earth can filter it and decompose it. Thanks!
Great product...works well...but what was I thinking when I ordered the 10L? If I bring two 5-gallon "jerry can" style water jugs along on our camping trip, 25% of our clean water is gone after 1 "dishwashing"! (You do need to fill it up all the way for it to function as desired.)
Great product...wish I had gone with the 5-Liter or smaller.
The Sea to Summit sink is so perfectly packable and light it's a natural for backpacking or to use in an earthquake kit.
PS love the green color
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This worked well as a kitchen sink for rinsing dishes while camping in CO/WY NPs. Not sure I'm folding it up right to put it back in the bag, but I just got back and have to wash... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jayne
This is the right size for our needs. Will use it soon for our motorcycle camping trip. Its perfect.Published 2 months ago by Carol Lanning
Amazing sink for back packing or dogbowl to put water im for your loved one compact and light just bad imstruction on how to put it back in tbe casePublished 2 months ago by patrick Peck
Great little camping sink. Super light weight and easy to pack up. Used this on the trans catalina trail and it was perfect for first washing our faces etc and then doing the... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jax vS