Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2017
Well written. I felt like a true insider to the events. The author did a good job of gathering and analyzing the information available. The characters were believable and real. He gave a good understanding of the evolvement of not only the main characters but also of the sport. I enjoyed not only the story behind the legend of the horse but the knowledge gained about racing and the people and animals involved. There was not a a chapter that was boring.
on May 23, 2017
The author did extensive research to bring this historical event so everyone could read it. I am now fascinated with horse racing. I admit I skipped a few paragraphs where it did not interest me, but so well documented and organized. I could see those horses racing in the dust, rain, mud, and whatever else. The flair and flavors were there!
on October 5, 2017
When you open this book you are immediately brought into each and every character with deep clarity. I learned much of the racing world and fell in love with Seabiscuit. The book is a wealth of informations, but the best part is Seabiscuit's character brought to life. Hillenbrand is a tremendous author. She never disappoints.
on May 24, 2017
An amazing story about how the lives of a simple brown horse, unknown trainer, and unlikely jockey came together, overcame problems and obstacles to become a force to be reckoned with on the racetrack! At a time of war and world turmoil, their story of hope and victory took the country by storm! The beginning detail sets the stage for the story to unfold in all it's glory. An uplifting must read!
on March 27, 2017
Wish I could have seen him in action. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I regretted every interruption in my reading of this book. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
2 helpful votes
on March 28, 2017
Very interesting even if you know nothing about thoroughbred racing in the old days and would like to. I know nothing about racing or even anything about horses but found this interesting. It is however a bit repetitive. To someone totally lacking in any knowledge of the subject a race is very much like every other race.
on May 26, 2017
This is the authentic story of a racing horse legend. I have heard about Seabiscuit over the years but was fascinated to learn the entire story of the horse and the people who owned, trained, and raced him. You will learn a lot about horse racing from years back and the things jockeys did to race.
on December 11, 2013
This is history not fiction, but it is comprised of dozens of fascinating stories about the lives of those who brought us Seabisquit, perhaps the greatest racehorse of all time and surely the most improbable of all the great winners. The characters are real to a fault, the prose journalistic at times and elegant and poetic at others. Above all, this is a masterpiece of research. It took only four years to write, but it's depth of detail and accuracy would have justified a lifetime of effort to complete. Brava and brava again to Laura Hillenbrand!!!
BookAWeekMan
2 helpful votes
on May 23, 2017
Who wouldn't love the story of this game little horse. Of course the telling is not hindered by the fact that Laura Hillenbrand is an excellent writer. I will keep this jewel tucked away in the back of my Kindle for another read. If you love horses, you'll love this book!
on March 1, 2014
After viewing my DVD film copy many times and enjoying it immensely, I decided to go to the actual source material.

As an avid reader who usually polishes off a book every two - three days, I was so pleased to find a book of several hundred pages when it arrived. What a joy! I loved the story which was the basis for the film. It is written beautifully and tells a truly moving story of a horse and the men involved in its amazing success. You really care about all the people involved and will find it almost impossible to put this book down. PLAN ON STAYING UP TO FINISH IT IN A SINGLE READING!! IT IS THAT GOOD!!