3 Year Data Recovery Planfrom After Solutions
- Your Rescue Plan documents will be delivered to you via email only to the address associated with your Amazon.com account and can be found in your account message center within the Buyer/Seller Messages.
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will attempt to recover the data from the failed drive and recovered data will be returned on a media storage device or via secure cloud-based data storage.
- Covers new single-disk bare (internal) drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in–lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn’t recovered, you get your money back
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s with NCQ 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3750525AS
|Digital Storage Capacity||750 GB|
|Hardware Interface||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Type of product||3.5-Inch|
About this item
- 750GB Capacity and 32-MB Cache
- Best-in-class environmental specifications and reliability features
- Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write performance from the beginning to the end of your computing workload.
- Ships with the most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 750GB Capacity and 32-MB Cache. Two Year Warranty
- Best-Fit Applications include desktop PCs, workstations, direct attached external storage devices (DAS),
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch – Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000DM008)
(Old Model) Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD Sata 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000DM003)
Western Digital 1TB WD Blue PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, , 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EZEX
Seagate Barracuda 7200 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST3750528AS-Bare Drive
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500 GB 3.5 Internal Hard Drive - SATA - 7200 rpm -
|Sold By||SnapDealz||Amazon.com||OEMGENUINE||Amazon.com||SnapDealz||Worldwide Product Importer|
|Cache Memory Installed Size||32||256.00||64||64||32||16.00 MB|
|Digital Storage Capacity||750 GB||2 TB||1 TB||1 TB||750.0 GB||500.0 GB|
|Hard Disk Rotational Speed||7200.0 rpm||7200 rpm||7200 rpm||7200 rpm||7200.0 rpm||7200.0 rpm|
|Hard Disk Form Factor||3.50 inches||3.50 inches||3.50 inches||3.50 inches||3.50 inches||3.50 inches|
|Hardware Interface||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s||SATA 3.0 Gb/s||SATA 6.0 Gb/s|
|Item Dimensions||3.94 x 2.76 x 0.37 inches||5.79 x 4.00 x 0.79 inches||4.00 x 5.79 x 0.79 inches||5.80 x 4.00 x 1.00 inches||5.87 x 4.00 x 1.02 inches||0.70 x 4.00 x 6.00 inches|
|Item Weight||1.65 lbs||0.92 lbs||0.88 lbs||0.97 lbs||1.40 lbs||1.60 ounces|
|Size||750 GB||2TB||1TB||1TB (7200 RPM)||750 GB||500 GB|
By now the world knows that Seagate Barracuda 7200 drives, from the world’s premier storage provider, deliver years of reliable service and high performance. This is a product family that has been strengthened and refined over 12 generations. It embodies the highest levels of reliability, performance and capacity. And this latest generation is a leader in storage. The drive is available in capacities of 1 TB and 750 GB with 32-MB cache, 500 GB and 320 GB with 16-MB cache, and 250 GB and 160 GB with 8-MB cache. The Barracuda 7200.12 drive is an ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/ FireWire/eSATA external storage.
From the Manufacturer
By now the world knows that Seagate Barracuda 7200 drives, from the world’s premier storage provider, deliver years of reliable service and high performance. This is a product family that has been strengthened and refined over 12 generations. It embodies the highest levels of reliability, performance and capacity. And this latest generation is a leader in environmentally friendly storage. The drive is available in capacities of 1 TB and 750 GB with 32-MB cache, 500 GB and 320 GB with 16-MB cache, and 250 GB and 160 GB with 8-MB cache. The Barracuda 7200. 12 drive is an ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/ FireWire/eSATA external storage.
*We digitally watermark all electronics in order to prevent accidental (or purposeful) returns of similar, non-working goods.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So far, after about a week's usage, I've experienced faster loading and data transfer. It has been only a week but I will update in couple months whether the drive performs well or fails (I'm hoping I won't need to update you all regarding failures).
-Personally for me, I used this drive as a secondary drive for my PC. I installed Windows 7 on a Western Digital 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKS . I install programs, games, and add movies to this as a secondary hard drive so that I could load quickly for my PC. If you have any trouble installing this hard drive as a secondary drive, here are instructions on how I did it:
1) Connect the Sata power and sata cable before turning on the PC
2) Load up your BIOS to make sure your computer reads it
3) If your computer loads up and it reads the drive, then you're fine. Horray 931GB of storage. If you don't see the seagate drive available yet, update the drive with Seagate's firmware for this product. Here's the link : [...]
4) After finishing up the firmware update (perhaps will need to restart), Search for Disk management, or under Administrative Tools reading "Create or format hard disk partitions." From there you should see the Seagate 1TB hard drive. Now you should be able to format the hard drive and you're good to go.
Overall, I'm fairly happy so far. It's very quiet for a hard drive that has 1Tb and is 7200rpm.
For the first few days, I didn't really use it a whole lot, because I was playing it safe so I wouldn't lose anything if it did die on me. Well, I started using it more and more, and I started recording my gameplay videos straight to it using Fraps, which should not affect anything. Everything was going smooth until I had been recording for about an hour when my second hard drive (this one) decided to just crash on me. I closed everything and checked My Computer; the hard drive didn't show up. After freaking out a bit, I restarted my computer and checked it again, this time the second drive showing up. I didn't think too much of it, but I definitely kept it in mind.
Since then, the hard drive has "crashed" or whatever 3 or so times and let me tell you, it gets quite annoying. Today I was copying around 228 GB of video from my external hard drive to the second drive (this one) and after about 30 minutes of copying, the drive failed once again. I really don't know what is going on. I don't know if it's how I have it set up or if the hard drive itself is just a crappy drive. Whatever it is, it's not good.
To summarize this, just get a different drive and save yourself the time and money. Don't think like I did. Read reviews carefully and make the right choice so you don't end up writing a bad review, like myself. lol
Top reviews from other countries
My main filesystem HDD has lasted over 10 years of continual usage. Is 3 years the new norm for HDD lifespan? I'm not impressed.
They can get hotter than the Seagate 2TB ones. Maybe because the 7200RPM speed.
No problems so far.