Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
my hard drive is Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 750 GB Internal 7200 RPM 3.5" (ST3750528AS) HDD i want know if i can upgrade to this hard drive
asked by Mouneer K. Elias on December 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
You should be able to upgrade to any SATA hdd. The data transfer rate is backwards compatible, so even if the drive can communicate faster than your pc is capable you will be ok because it will slow down to max allowed speed. It's a bare drive, so it won't come with anything. If you are going to replace your existing drive make sure you have the OS disc. You could also set the new one as a slave drive for storage and software installs.
RIckJ93277 answered on December 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yep. The two drives are identical except for the storage size.
You'll be gaining 274GB of space as there are 1024gb in 1tb.

And remember, they're "bare drives"; There's no operating system on them so you'll need to install Windows yourself or install this as a second drive instead of a replacement.
Jed R. answered on December 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Should not be a problem. Quickest way to go is to install an image of your current drive on the new drive. This is an opportunity to install only desired software and get rid of unused files, but that takes a lot more time. Do run a complete test of the drive before installing it. If there are birth defects or shipping damage you want to know that before investing the time needed to install your files.
Richard A answered on December 24, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product