|Hard Drive||8 TB Desktop|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2 Year Data Recovery Planfrom After Solutions
- Your Rescue Plan documents will be delivered to you via email only to the address associated with your Amazon.com account and can be found in your account message center within the Buyer/Seller Messages.
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB8000100)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy and simple to use - simply plug in the power adapter and USB cable
- Fast file transfers with SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- System Requirements : Windows 8, Windows 7 operating system. Compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Drag and drop file saving for Windows, right out of the box.Dimensions (L x W x H):6.93 x 4.75 x 1.44" (176.00 x 120.60 x 36.60 mm)
- Mac compatibility Requires reformatting. Reformatting the Drive will erase all content unless it is backed up to another Drive. Refer to application guide for guidance.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Simple add-on storage
The Seagate Expansion External hard drive by Seagate offers an easy-to-use solution when you need to add data storage to your computer instantly.
- Drag and drop file saving, right out of the box.
- Fast data transfer with USB 3.0 connectivity.
The easy-to-use storage solution
The Expansion external hard drive can be installed easily by plugging in two cords. Start saving your digital files to this hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Adds storage capacity instantly
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer’s storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity.
1. Photos based on a 10 megapixel camera producing images 5MB in size.
2. Songs based on average length of 4 minutes, 4MB size.
3. HD video based on 720p or 1080i video.
4. Blu-ray HD Movie was calculated at 16.2GB per hour recording rate.
Can be installed in seconds
Seagate Expansion External hard drive features make it easy to start using this drive within seconds of removing it from the box:
- Simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable.
- The hard drive is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system — no software to install and nothing to configure.
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion external hard drive.
- Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation.
What's in the box?
- Seagate Expansion external hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable
- Power adapter
- Quick start guide
Compare with similar items
Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive Storage + 2mo Adobe CC Photography (STEL8000100)
WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
WD 8TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0080HBK-NESN
Seagate Backup Plus 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STDT8000100)
Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Black + 2mo Adobe CC Photography (STDR5000100)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Digital Storage Capacity||8 TB||8 TB||4 TB||8 TB||8 TB||5 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||Desktop||Portable||Desktop||External||Portable|
|Hard-Drive Size||8 TB||8 TB||4 TB||8 TB||8 TB||5 TB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||4.75 x 6.93 x 1.44 in||1.61 x 4.65 x 7.8 in||3.21 x 4.33 x 0.85 in||1.9 x 5.5 x 6.7 in||4.65 x 7.06 x 1.63 in||3.07 x 4.51 x 0.81 in|
|Item Weight||2.09 lbs||2.34 lbs||0.54 lb||3 lbs||1.89 lbs||0.54 lb|
|Memory Storage Capacity||8 TB||8 TB||4 TB||8 GB||8,000 GB||5 TB|
The Seagate expansion desktop drive provides extra storage for your ever-growing collection of files. Instantly add space for more files, consolidate all of your files to a single location, or free up space on your computer's internal drive to help improve performance. Setup is straightforward; simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable, and you are ready to go. It is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy too-just drag-and-drop. Take advantage of the fast data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0 interface by connecting to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for additional system compatibility. System requirements: Windows 7 or higher, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds, compatibility may vary depending on the User's hardware configuration and operating system). Box Contents: Seagate expansion drive, 4-foot (120cm) USB 3.0 cable, power adapter and quick start guide. Storage space may vary slightly as : 7.27 TB
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Rant aside, this drive is fast as hell. I was surprised how quickly it comes out of sleep mode (~ 2 seconds vs the 10-15 it takes my old(er) WD 3.0TB drive). I ran a long SMART check that came back clean and i've copied about a TB of stuff over to it. Zero complaints so far... but as others have said, we'll see how it fares in the long-term. If I needed another 5TB right now, I wouldn't hesitate on buying another one of these.
Amazon packing was a little sketchy... the air bags stopped the HD from moving horizontally in the box, but not vertically. Other than that, i'm happy with this purchase.
Drive is used daily and still comes back clean with long SMART tests. Still very satisfied with this drive.
Now being used as a nvr drive for 10, 4MP ip cameras -- pretty much constant writes for over a year and still going strong. I'd comfortably say this drive has exceeded my expectations.
USB 3.0 interface was fast. Tested empty drives formatted in HFS and ExFAT, both were a constant 180-190 MB per second read/write. After the drive was 90% full, large files peaked at 100MBps read and write, and smaller files averaged around 64MBps write, 80 read. Decent. Been running 6 of these for a week now 24/7 and have had no problems. All files have transferred and verified. And I performed a complete sector scan verify on one of them with no issues reported using SoftRAID for OSX.
Cases are plastic so they're not the best for heat dissipation, but the drive itself sits in a metal bracket inside the case which helps. The case has vent holes on the bottom for some reason instead of the top, and holes on the back, but nothing on the front. I've been keeping a small fan on them as I've been copying and verifying for 24/7 for a few days. Probably not best to run 24/7 unless there's some cooling on them or they're in a very cold room. But I don't imagine most people will be running them at full tilt for days on end.
I would buy these and take the drives out of their cases and put into a NAS. I'm curious how they'd perform long term.
***** IMPORTANT INFO *****
You HAVE to have the PS 4.50 update in order to use this drive. If you do not have the 4.50 update installed on your PS4 then this drive nor any other drive will work to install GAMES. You can still use an external hard drive for photos and music before the 4.50 update. Again you HAVE to have the PS 4.50 update to install games to this drive.
* EDIT *
One more thing I just found out. If you put your PS4 into rest mode and you leave your USB ports on (for charging headsets or controllers) this hard drive will NOT go into sleep mode. The blue light on the drive will remain on and heads will continue to spin. This will lead to early end of life. If you just unplug the USB from the PS4 the drive will turn off even while power is plugged in. If you don't place your PS4 in rest mode nor leave the ports powered while in rest mode then this is not an issue.
Most recent customer reviews
then on last day of return windows it disapeared
the pc dinged when...Read more