Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5 TB USB 2.0/FireWire 4..." and save 38% off the $203.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5 TB USB 2.0/FireWire 400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive ST315005FPA2E3-RK (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Conveniently store all your photos, music, videos and documents in one place thanks to large storage capacities of 500 GB, 640 GB, 1 TB and 1.5 TB.
- Experience blazingly fast data transfer thanks to eSATA, USB 2.0, FireWire 400 interface and performance speed of 7200 RPM
- Sync content between your FreeAgent XTreme drive and other portable drives so you¿ll always have your current file versions wherever you are.
- Keep your important files and folders private with powerful soft ware encryption technology.
- Compatibility: Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate; Windows XP Home, Professional, Media Center Edition Service Pack-2
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Black + 2mo Adobe CC Photography (STDR1000100)
Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB8000100)
WD 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Digital Storage Capacity||1.5 TB||1 TB||1 TB||8 TB||4 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||Portable||Portable||Desktop||Portable|
|Hard-Drive Size||1,500 GB||1 TB||1 TB||8 TB||4 TB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 2.0, eSATA, FireWire 400||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||1.33 x 6.77 x 6.89 in||0.6 x 4.8 x 3.2 in||2.99 x 4.47 x 0.38 in||4.75 x 6.93 x 1.44 in||3.2 x 4.4 x 0.82 in|
|Item Weight||3.06 lbs||6.4 ounces||5.28 ounces||2.09 lbs||0.52 lb|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1.5 TB||1 TB||1,000||8 TB||4 GB|
FreeAgent I Xtreme Desktop Drive-1.5TB 7200 RPM USB 2.0/eSATA/FireWire
From the Manufacturer
With its huge capacity and the fastest file transfer speeds today, the FreeAgent XTreme™ storage solution helps easily safeguard all your photos, music, videos, and documents and access them with maximum performance. Included, easy-to-use software helps keep your information safe and private with automatic data backup and encryption of your important files and folders. Environmentally smart utilities help save energy by putting your FreeAgent drive in sleep mode once it has been idle for 15 minutes. And you can take advantage of its flexibility to lie on its side or stand vertically to maximize your workspace.
eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire 400 interfaces
Pre-loaded software — no CDs! Safeguards all your files
With its huge capacity and the fastest file transfer speeds available, the FreeAgent XTreme storage solution helps easily safeguard all your photos, music, videos, and documents and access them with maximum performance.
Automatic Backup Software
Included, easy-to-use software helps keep your information safe and private with automatic data backup and encryption of your important files and folders.
Easily stackable, maximize your workspace.
Space Saving and Energy Efficient
Environmentally smart utilities help save energy by putting your FreeAgent drive in sleep mode once it has been idle for 15 minutes. And you can take advantage of its flexibility to lie on its side or stand vertically to maximize your workspace. Plus, multiple drives can easily stack on top of each other.
- Conveniently store all your photos, music, videos and documents in one place thanks to generous storage capacity.
- Experience blazingly fast data transfer with eSATA, USB 2.0, and FireWire 400 interfaces.
- Enjoy a sleek, modern design that offers the choice of horizontal or vertical orientation to complement your desktop environment.
- Easily protect your data with automatic backup software.
- Keep your important files and folders private with powerful software encryption technology.
- Sync content between your FreeAgent XTreme™ drive and other portable drives so you’ll always have your current file versions wherever you are.
- Get started quickly with pre-loaded software. No CDs!
- Save energy with an environmentally smart utility that can put your drive in sleep mode once it has been idle for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy peace of mind with a 5-year limited warranty from the worldwide leader in storage solutions.
What’s in the Box
FreeAgent XTreme™ external hard drive, FreeAgent software pre-loaded on drive (Windows only), base stand, attachable feet, USB cable, FireWire 400 cable, power supply, and quickstart guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought 2 of the drives (both 1.5TB) and I use them for offline backups of my server (which, in addition to day to day data from our laptops, has our entire photo, audio, and video collections). I had been using Seagate 750GB drives for this for the past couple of years, but am outgrowing them and so decided to double the space.
I looked also at the Western Digital 2TB drive, but it was substantially more expensive (almost double of the 1.5TB drive) and I couldn't justify the additional cost for just .5TB more, especially when I'm just outgrowing the 750GB drive.
Anyway, the drive arrived I hooked up power and used the existing firewire cable that I had been using for the old drive and it was immediately recognized by my system (Dell Latitude D830) and I did a backup of the data from my server (which is in the basement) over the network to the new drive connected to my laptop.
I don't use or install the distributed software that comes with the drive -- I use rsync (a Unix command that is available for Windows as part of the Cygwin package) to mirror data from my server onto the external drive in the background while I continue to use my laptop for my work.
Everything worked like a charm from the get-go.
I haven't tried the USB or e-Sata connections (firewire is faster than USB and seems to use less system resources and I don't have eSata interfaces on my system), so I can't speak for them. Firewire, which I can speak for, worked flawlessly from my Windows XP system.
+ Nice design - no cooling fan, extremely silent. The design allows to place the harddrive vertically which uses less space.
+ Hassle-free installation: the drive comes pre-formatted (NTFS) and automatically installs the Seagate software after the drive is connected to the PC. It couldn't be more simple!
+ Automatically powers when the connected PC is turned on and also turns off shortly after the PC is off. The Seagate Manager allows to choose several time intervals for a sleep mode when the drive is not in use.
+ Excellent backup software routine with possible automatic backup scheduler.
+ Very good price/performance ratio!
- Synchronization of files via Seagate Manager software: Unfortunately this part of the program only allows you to select files or folders inside the "My Documents" folder or from the Desktop. I don't quite understand this limitation since people might prefer to have files synchronized between different PCs on any folder on the PC harddrives. Therefore only four out of five stars!
- No eSATA cable included - since my PC has no connection port to use this transfer cable, it was not an issue fo me personally. But it should be included in the package anyway.
My question is has anyone had any success with their return policy? How anal are they about returning these things? In their warranty notes they warn you that if they feel the drive still works they will charge you with the shipping and wasting there time. Well.. ive used there seagate tools etc to test my drive, and randomly it says the drive is ok. Other times(when im trying to copy something or a large file and it starts to slow down)I will get errors. And I get a red stop signish symbol popping up telling me its a bad device or whatever. Unfortunately this doesn't actaully give me one of the codes that seagate apparently wants when you return it. Just gives me the serial number. Not any of the numbers listed on the website...
So yea umm... anyone have any success on them making good on their claims? Again when it worked, it seemed to work fine. But then after a year this things esata no longer seems to work, and ever other method is not much better. And of course the randomly freezing my cpu completely is pretty annoying too lol...
Yea so ah... 2 stars from me.. =/ Pretty disappointed...
Most recent customer reviews
The drive runs warm-to-hot and occasionally drops offline due to overheating.Read more