- Brand Name: Seagate
- Model Number: STAC2000100
- Hard Disk Size: 2 TB
- Manufacturer Warranty Description: 2 year
- Hard Disk Description: Desktop
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive STAC2000100 (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- USB 20 plug-and-play drive
- Easy-to-use preloaded backup and encryption software
- World's most upgradable external drive - upgrade to a faster interface with a GoFlex Desk desktop adapters
- Includes GoFlex Desk USB 20 adapter with capacity gauge display
- Offers both vertical and horizontal drive orientation
- USB 2.0 plug-and-play drive
- Includes GoFlex Desk USB 2.0 adapter with capacity gauge display
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Seagate® GoFlex™ Desk
PROTECT. STORE. DO MORE.
Easy - Plug-and-play external hard drive with automatic backup software
Compatible - Share files with both PC and Mac
*Reformatting to HFS+ required to use backup software for Mac or Time Machine® software
|USB 2.0 (Included)||Firewire™||eSATA||USB 3.0|
- Offers upgrade cables and kits that make it easy to move up from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0, eSATA or FireWire® 800 for up to 10x faster transfer speeds for your large files and HD movies
- Extends your digital life so you can access and share your files from anywhere by pairing your drive with the GoFlex Net media sharing device
- View your movies and photos on your TV by pairing your drive with the GoFlex TV HD media player
|What can you store?|
|Capacity|| Digital Music |
| Digital Photos |
| Digital Videos |
| DVD Quality |
| HD Video |
Average file size using cameras highest resolution JPEG mode
Based on standard 2 hour movie
Based on H.264 compression at a 6.75Mbs bitrate
The GoFlex™ Storage System
| Seagate® GoFlex™ Family Hard Drives || || |
| || |
| GoFlex™ Ultra-Portable Drive || GoFlex™ Pro™ || GoFlex™ Desk External Drive || GoFlex™ Home |
| GoFlex™ TV |
HD Media Playing Device
| GoFlex™ |
Net Media Sharing
|System Requirements|| |
Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system
|Product Dimensions||6.22in L x 4.88in W x 1.73in D (158mm x 124mm x 44mm)||Weight: 2.38lb (1.08kg)|
|Inside the Box|| |
| PANAM |
| GoFlex Desk Kit |
GoFlex Desk Kit
GoFlex Desk Kit
| 1TB |
| STAC1000100 |
Top Customer Reviews
My history with Seagate has not been so good. To me and many others, Seagate has a reputation for drives that fail quickly and unexpectedly. Everyone can repair a bad history, but I can't seem to forget Seagate's reputation. But like any bad relationship, things change and I must try to move on.
This Seagate GoFlex external hard drive looks good, really good. It's the kind of design that stands out from the crowd. But... where is the ventilation? All hard drives heat up, so why are their no air vents or fans? This worries me. All the eye-candy in the world won't make up for a burned up hard drive.
The performance statistics are like any other external HDD. 3.5" disk, 7200 RPM, USB 2.0, 32MB cache. Nothing to get excited about. Matching stats makes me long for a hard drive brand that I can depend on... like Western Digital (I've owned 7 in the last 3 years and never had one fail even once.)
However, this Seagate does offer something new: the ability to upgrade to USB 3.0!!! Sounds amazing, but.... you have to shell out $40 for the USB 3.0 HDD adapter (and another $30 for the USB 3.0 card for your computer). So "The World's Most Upgradeable Desktop Hard Drive" comes with some fine print... USB 3.0 not included.
The lack of built-in USB 3.0 isn't terrible, however. The advantage of this external HDD is that you can keep your HDD and upgrade the base adapter when you decide to buy a new laptop in the future.Read more ›
If this one goes then Ill definitely dump Seagate from future purchases.
1. easy to install
2. easy to use
3. Specific Folders can be selected for backup
4. It turns off and on when computer is turned off and on.
1. Software license only allows use with 1 computer
2. Many ads to purchase more software in the bundled software
3. There is a memory leak in the software (version 18.104.22.16852)
I plugged this thing in and it automatically started the software install which was very easy to follow. Once it was done it defaulted to backup my entire computer which was perfect because 2 TB of space if plenty of space to do this for me. The software did have an option to select only specific folders which was nice to know in case I upgrade my pc and have to limit the amount of files for backup.
The software has built in advertisements asking you to try and purchase more of their software. They are easily avoidable, but I'd rather not see them. My favorite part about the backup software bundled with this external hard drive is that it is constantly working to create a mirror image of all the data on the pc. It updates files on the external as soon as they are updated on the pc.
The biggest issue I ran into was that the software only allows you to install it on one pc. I had planned on using this drive with both my pcs and backing it up over my home network. I am going to continue using the drive, but I will go back to using cobian backup which is free; though the interface is a bit less easy.[...]
I do want to say that if you are planning on only using this with one pc or you are willing to purchase extra licenses to utilize the very easy to use interface then this is a very good product.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Five stars, Excellent product and excellent seller, very good!!Published 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
Purchased drive to store RAW images of photos.
When not in use, the drive is stored in the original box in a cool place.
So far, the drive has performed as expected. Read more
I love that it has the stand attached, and it's pretty sleek and fits on my desk discreetly. No issues on the operation of it, runs smooth!Published 4 months ago by porcelaindoll
Works.... Guy called to verify shipping and to put phone number on package to ensure delivery... Which proved useful. Smart honest and good integrityPublished 5 months ago by Justin